• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Place your random thoughts.

Sorry to burst your bubble a bit, I think I saw a lot of bots when I went through the list. That was a few years ago and I haven’t looked again and I could be wrong, but the hundreds of blank profiles located in tiny austrian towns was kinda sus to me. Still lots of posts and users though! ^^

Edit: checked again, and I saw some profiles with only Vietnamese profile posts on them. When I translated a few of them they seemed to be advertising spam.

There were also alternative accounts, mostly by users who where abusing the welcome Bells feature. Some would create multiple accounts and donate the Bells they earned from account creation to their original account. The staff eventually revoked the feature because it has been abused, but you can see why there were so many empty accounts.
It makes sense because I didn't check any of the accounts' info, but that's still a lot of accounts, even if a percentage of them aren't actually being used.

i don't judge if you like astrology, but why when i search up anything about zodiac signs, Gemini is intentionally left out or it says something like "you're two-faced and hotheaded". i didn't choose to be born in June, and i don't know why that automatically makes me a ***** :,]
I had people not want to be around me when they found out I was born in June and that was literally the only reason. They didn't like Geminis and avoided them because they are often described as having multiple negative traits or habits.
It's fine as I probably would have eventually said something about astrology that would have offended them at some point not thinking much of it, if they live so close to it. But still, it's wonky to decide to be around people or avoid people based on zodiacs.

I had people not want to be around me when they found out I was born in June and that was literally the only reason. They didn't like Geminis and avoided them because they are often described as having multiple negative traits or habits.
It's fine as I probably would have eventually said something about astrology that would have offended them at some point not thinking much of it, if they live so close to it. But still, it's wonky to decide to be around people or avoid people based on zodiacs.
now that i think about it, it IS kind of my fault that i was born in june… my mom had to have me and my twin a month early because of pregnancy complications (forgot what they were) and i was the problem child lol.
imagine talking to someone that is being nice to you, and they say their birthday is in June, and you immediately think they’re a bad person?? they did nothing to make you think that about them other than the day they were born…
with all the descriptions of the zodiac signs, i probably fit in the most with pisces because the only thing that gets said about them is “you’re sensitive… you cry a lot.”

When I was in 8th grade I was obsessed with zodiac signs and I went around asking all my teachers what theirs were. When I asked my crazy English/homeroom teacher she told me and asked mine and when I said gemini I thought I heard her say “ugh” under her breath and roll her eyes…

Also, it’s even more ironic considering the fact that I went to the teachers instead of students for the most part to avoid judgement/rejection/bullying…

Pop Quiz: In Star Wars, which of the following did Yoda not warn about?
  1. Fear
  2. Seagulls
  3. Passion
  4. The Sith

Adding onto the astrology convo above, I haaaate admitting to being a Scorpio because Scorpio traits don't fit me at all and it tends to lead people to a lot of really weird assumptions about me. 😭

Sentret is so slept on… he’s the kind of guy who would lend u $40 and then tell u not to worry about it

Coincidentally, I have a soft spot for Furret because I used to have either a Pokemon card or plush of Furret years ago, and it made me really like it. Sadly it's usually forgotten about though.

I think I'm going to have to give in to walking my pup sooner than planned. It seems like she is getting more energetic and less napping and driving us all bonkers lol. My issue with walking her is other large dogs that get loose frequently in the area that are known to attack other dogs. I even saw someone walking their dog minding their own business get attacked. I was wanting to wait until mine was older and bigger just in case something like that happened so she has a better chance of not being severely injured. The only loose dog I've seen lately was a tiny dog, so maybe it'll be ok if I just stay close to the house or something.
Idk

If you have fenced in yard or some enclosure you could play with her in there like with toys and such. Don't know if she knows fetch yet (I've only met one dog who actually understood how to properly fetch) but that might be a good activity for her. Assuming she actually brings whatever it is back, most dogs I've played with end up wanting to do tug of war😅

If a yard isn't an option toys might be another option for her to play indoors to burn some energy. Plus she may start teething (assuming she hasn't already or if she's that old yet) and diverting her teething attention would be good rather her teething like furniture. She may ultimately want to play with you or some other person since people or more 'energetic', engaging and have more movement. A rope might keep her engaged for a while but she might want to play with people for more fun.

I'm sorry your area is prone to dog attacks! It sucks when people can't get a handle on their dogs. My one neighbor leaves their disabled daughter (I assume she's someone's adult daughter, she lives with other people) to constantly get their lab that breaks out cause they don't train him any better. We know his name cause we always hear the poor lady wheel-chase him down (she's in a wheelchair) and he has a tendency to chase cars :/.

Also regarding the astrology talk... it's basically the same thing as someone judging me for being born with Aspergers/stage 1 autism, which is why I understand how it can be hurtful.

But to be honest, people who would judge someone and exclude someone over something as trivial as astrology have got to be the lowest of the low... especially considering the fact that while astrology is fun to talk about, it has no scientific basis in reality.

So like, if you think about it, that's a step worse than someone judging me for my condition. I'll never understand people like that. Seriously.

guys I know yall have seen the Madagascan Sunset Moth in NH but kdjkskdfs look how beautiful it is in real life!!! I wanna see one in person now 🥺💞

FMdV_UwXwAAlgKh.jpg
original.jpg

thinking I might need to make a bug appreciation thread hehe
It's GORGEOUS <3333
And yes! You should make a thread! <33333
I may actually make an astronomy appreciation thread <3333

me because im supposed to applying to college soon

Last edited:
One of my most used features on TBT this month - the follow feature. There’ll still be room even after I pass the 200 mark.

Cleaning an aquarium is more simple than I thought it would be. Reality makes more sense. Granted my mom always acted like everything under the sun was a huge hassle even if it wasn't. My grandma kept fish and she never acted like it was a big deal to clean. However she liked animals, including fish. She also had birds at one time. Surely my mom knew how her mom kept those critters because she lived with her or maybe she didn't care cuz she doesn't care about animals. Just clothes and shoes.

Just learning about freshwater fish online because they seem interesting. There is a siphon tube? That is used as a vacuum to separate gravel and poo. It seems like it is powered by gravity which is cool. The system between fish waste, bacteria, and plants in an aquarium is neat too. I bet the system gets crazy with coral. I heard about coral being really sensitive to things.

Back