• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Mafia Papers Please Mafia: Game Over, Town Wins!

Goddamn I pass out for six hours and ya'll flip flopping around panicing like we ain't been talking in the thread. For the record I've only seen Sarasa as town, Ness I'm uncertain of and well voting is closed and I still would have preferred the Trojan lynch.

Goddamnit Tom, you arrived like 3 minutes too late. And worse yet, you're probably right about Trojan. I don't think Ness will flip red based on the private conversations I've had with him but it's too late now. Granted, I must say I probably would have voted for him myself based on only the in-thread actions and messages he forwarded. Simply too explosively wishy-washy in the end.

Ok you know what, no. I refuse to be the lynch for today.

I am Khaled Istom, the 1-shot vigilante. In the game, i have evidence of who the EZIC star members are and they're trying to kill me before I spill the information. I'm more commonly known as "the man in red".

@ Nesswhy didn't you share more with us so that you didnt have to die with this information, it could have helped the rest of us.

Is Ness still allowed to post or is he considered a dead man now?

If Dolby is going by the standard, and if Ness really is the one being lynched, then he shouldn't be able to. I suggest Panda and Nes hold back until the votes are properly counted.

I'm getting a drink that was intense.

@Ness Looks like we've got an hour to talk so let's. You feel like there was literally nothing to go off of besides gut feeling today?

Trojan:

honestly i?m glad you?re choosing to change your playstyle, although i don?t like how you?re acting right now...

1 - Ehhh not sure. Some people are sus of ness cause hes doing stuff different but I dont like that way of thinking
2 - Well I dont want to vote for anyone cause im not sure. I would vote for myself as a placeholder but I might die sooooo
3 - No I dont undertsand what people mean by "dangerous to the town". HOW CAN YOU HURT THE TOWN AS A TOWNIE. If i am annoying you just dont respond or bother looking at what I say.
4 - I guess. Not really motivated to play rn, I cant do anything right and the reasons I was trolling was I didnt know how to play but now I dont want to troll either.
5 - no im normal town.
6 - They have like barely posted. I think its kinda unfair to judge them harshly, they havent even posted
7 - Minties cause they're also annoying and they agree with eachother

i browsed through DA:I mafia where trojan was scum and i don?t understand where this lack of confidence is coming from (bolded). throughout the game he was aloof and trolly, and with the way the games that i?ve played with him he also acted this way as town. but with how he was killed in the games i?ve played with him, a change in playstyle makes sense. i don?t like how tom and others are attacking him for acting as behavior that would benefit town.

i?m inclined to think he?s town because it seems like this is a genuine emotional response, but seriously trojan don?t give up/act like you can?t be of help to us or i?ll change my mind.

http://www.belltreeforums.com/search.php?searchid=5389727

Jacob

why are u so flipfloppy

I know a policy lynch is sometimes needed, so I'm not completely against the idea of one
but i think Tom's reasoning to lynch Trojan was a little bit weak.
If i were to vote Trojan today, it would be because the "I am not motivated right now" statement
But, the policy lynch on Trojan bandwagon that Tom tried to start seemed thoughtless to me, and Trojan swings equally Town or Scum in my thoughts

thats why i haven't voted yet

Side note, I really don't want to No Lynch but if it is 1 hour before time is up and my mind still hasn't been made up, i think thats the direction ill be headed

(Also I am using the bolded names too, very helpful!)

jacob starts off saying that he?s not against a policy lynch. imho town should be against a policy lynch when the person that?s being nominated is changing their playstyle to actually benefit town (or at least attempting to). pushing a policy lynch is almost as easy as pushing an inactive lynch, because basically you just push someone and then let that person dig their own grave. he goes on to say that he thinks tom?s reasoning for it is weak, like he doesn?t wanna be associated with him and say that he has his own reasoning. i actually believe that tom was reaction testing, and i find it odd that jacob ignored that possibility entirely.

tbh how would you feel if you were being nominated for a policy lynch when you are trying to play less like a troll? unmotivated and discouraged entirely, and that?s what i see from trojan.

i actually lol?d at the idea of a no lynch. anyone that is considering this is scummy to me. this is a horrible idea, gives us no information, and we?ve lynched when we had a LOT less to go off of.

What I was trying to get at is, Tom was saying that we should lynch him because he is annoying and he doesn't want to deal with that.
I initially thought Trojan wanted to back off a little bit so he wouldn't come off as annoying this game and he could get on people's good side so they would not mislynch.

But now that Trojan said that he was just unmotivated to play/**** post, my read on him becomes invalid.
He could come back motivated, start **** posting again, and get annoying like Tom says.
I don't like to go against my gut usually (gut tells me he's town) because that's how I personally play mafia, but if a policy lynch is in effect, Trojan could be a good guess

then he says that trojan would be a good ?policy lynch? i mean wat
you literally typed that you think he?s town and then in the same sentence say that trojan would be a good lynch, am i missing the logic here or

in my opinion the only good policy lynch is lucanosa
as they?re known to lurk for the majority of the game and even 4-5 days into games they are just like ?yeah idk i can?t do reads? which provides nothing throughout the entirety of the game regardless of their alignment

Tom:

Lotta nonvoters and if Trojan wants to give up so be it. If he wasn't really feeling like playing he could have opted to get replaced while he still can instead this oh woe is me thing. It comes off to me as a ploy and I feel like y'all are easily buying into it.

Could be getting coached from your mafia team. 😊

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also I swear to god if we have a no lynch God help you all for the wrath me and Mouthwashies will inflict on you all.

i genuinely hope this whole policy lynch on trojan is a reaction test. i get pushing one on lucanosa, on dough, even kit. and in the event that trojan is mafia, he is a lot easier to read than those three.

i?m only gonna quote a few but why do tom?s posts sound like trundle to me rn...i just expect more logic and reasoning from tom i guess? while i completely agree about the NL, i really want to know tom?s reasoning that a policy lynch on trojan is better besides meta. it?d be a different story if it doesn?t seem like trojan?s changing his direction, but it seems like he is. this incessant pushing just really rubs me the wrong way, he doesn?t even seem to be giving him the chance.

You, Sarasa and Sataric all talk big on not wanting to policy lynch but you all continue to fail and bring up names to lynch. Day one is a ****show, the chances of us legitimately nailing scum is weak and any cases today will continue to be weak or based off meta.

I mean i think it's obvious a lot of people are going to stick to their own perspective, I expect to but heads with a few players over tunneling and minor things that ultimately contribute nothing to our end goal of sussing out hostiles.

the fact that d1 is usually a ****show is true but actually this d1 was pretty productive in my opinion. in the last two games i?ve played d1 has been mostly ****posting but i completely disagree with that being true for this game. the timing he said that was off to me too, there were people making pretty good arguments around the same time he said that and it was less than ten pages into d1, which is pretty early to make the assumption that the whole day would be a ****show.\

soz this post is pretty rushed, i wanted to do at least two more analyses on players but i took longer than i thought typing this up and i gtg to work. i?ll be back after then, around 10pm pst though, and finish some of the players that have stood out to me. today i?ll be voting for Jacob for reasons stated and if tom is town aligned it would be bad to lose him so early on.

also I currently tr Ayaya for taking the time to PM me reminding me to post thx

Ok you know what, no. I refuse to be the lynch for today.

I am Khaled Istom, the 1-shot vigilante. In the game, i have evidence of who the EZIC star members are and they're trying to kill me before I spill the information. I'm more commonly known as "the man in red".

Damnit Ness, if you're really town then I'm sad you didn't claim earlier when things started looking so sour for you. Granted, it all happened incredibly fast. But you kind of shot yourself in the foot on this one, mate. Too much confusion on your part in the end, even though I believe you honestly just tried to do the right thing. Argh. I hate when this happens.

This is absurd. The day 1 post said night ended on march 8th, 8:00 PM PST.

uhfgkfdkfnl in ayaya's pm it said 8pm pst was when day ended so i thought i had time fml i should've looked. rip ness </3

Back