Purple Feather
Pink Feather
Blue Feather
November Birthstone (Topaz)
Ancient Lantern
Dusty Scroll
Trophy
<big>What is luck and karma?</big>
Luck and karma are basically ways of increasing your chance to accomplish certain things. This ranges from catching rare fish and bugs to having a better chance of getting a silver or golden axe when you throw a regular axe in your town fountain. For example, if you have average luck and karma then the odds of getting a silver or golden axe from the fountain is almost 50:50, although if you have good luck and karma then the odds can reach somewhere around 70%

<big>How do I get good luck?</big>
Let's start with luck. There are 4 different ways to increase your luck.
  • Fung Shei - Fung Shei is probably the most important of all and if you're only going to do one of these, I strongly suggest that Fung Shei is the one you choose. Fung Shei can either give you good or bad luck depending on how you arrange your coloured furniture. There are 3 colours when it comes to Fung Shei, they are: red, green and yellow and if you place these pieces of furniture as shown in the picture below, it will increase your luck.

11k8fau.png

As you can see in the picture above, you can also place furniture up to 1 space away from the wall, so even though my green table isn't touching the green wall, it's still in green section.

Red furniture will increase your luck with finding items.
    Green furniture will increase your luck with finding money and items.
    Yellow furniture will increase your luck with finding money and items.

You can also mix and match colours in the corners of your house, so for example, in the bottom left of your house you can either put green or yellow items, or you could put both.

Fung Shei works aslong as the furniture is either touching the wall or one space away from the wall.
  • Lucky Items - Lucky items can be placed anywhere in your house and they increase your luck by a small amount. These items are usually quite hard to find so make sure to keep your eyes peeled. Below is a list of lucky items.

- Arwing
    - Dracaena
    - Garden Gnome
    - Ivory piano
    - Jack-in-the-box
    - Lefty Lucky Cat
    - Lovely Phone
    - Lucky Black Cat
    - Lucky Cat
    - Lucky Gold Cat
    - Master Sword
    - Music Box
    - Piggy Bank
    - Racoon Figurine
    - Samurai Suit
    - Treasure Chest
    - Triforce
    - Washer/Dryer

Please note that the above list of items may be out of date and there's a possibility that some could no longer increase your luck rating or that different ones have been added. Also note that the Basic Lucky Cat, Black Lucky Cat and Gold Lucky Cat increase your luck the most out of those items, the basic one increasing it the least, black one slightly more and gold one the most.
  • Four-Leaf Clover - Wearing a four-leaf clover in your hair will slightly increase your luck. To obtain a four-leaf clover you must have a lot of weeds in your town, more weeds = more weed clovers and the weed clovers are where you can find four-leaf clovers. Note that if you've time travelled to get a lot of weeds in your town, cockroaches in your house will decrease your luck.
  • Katrina - Katrina can put a charm on you once a week, this charm can range from giving you bad luck to giving you good luck so if you are planning to use Katrina to increase your luck, make sure that you know you could also get bad luck or no change to your luck at all.
<big>How do I get good karma?</big>
Before I explain how you get good karma, I would first like to point out a few things. Karma can not increase your luck but it can decrease your luck, so bare that in mind when playing Animal Crossing. Anyway, moving on. There are 3 different things that effect karma.
  • Lies - Although you can not properly lie in Animal Crossing, you can not tell the full truth to your villagers. Doing so will give you bad karma, just like in real life.
  • Being Mean - This one is pretty simple, you just can't be mean to your villagers. This includes but is not restricted to: writing mean letters to your villagers, pushing your villagers, hitting your villagers with your net and pitfall seeding your villagers.
  • Crushing Hopes - This is a bit more complicated than being mean, basically, crushing hopes is when a villager asks you to run an errand or get them an item and you fail to do so. This will essentially crush the villager's hopes and decrease your luck. The only way to increase your luck again would be to do one of the following: have the villager move out of your town or negate it with the 2 to 1 rule. The 2-1 rule is really simple, basically, every time you crush the hopes of a villager by not completing an errand or failing to give them an item you have to complete 2 errands or give them 2 items to get your good luck back.
Anyway, that's pretty much it. If there's anything wrong with this guide or if I forgot to add something, please let me know by either posting or sending me a PM.

I hope you guys find this guide useful ^_^

EDIT: I found out which furniture is which colour, so I thought i'd post it here. Please note: this is not complete, I'm waiting for help from a friend to finish it. If any of you guys know anything, please let me know. Also, some of this information was taken from AC:GC and is waiting to be confirmed.

Furniture Series
A furniture series consists of ten items. These items vary from series. Space is the number of squares in your house the item occupies. Price refers to how much the item would cost through Nook's Catalog. You may be able to obtain items a different way then is listed below. (Gift from animals, etc.)

Blue Series:
<table><tr><th>
Item</th><th>Size</th><th>Price</th><th>Feng Shui</th><th>Location
</td></tr><tr><td>Blue Table</td><td>1</td><td>1800</td><td>Yellow</td><td>Redd
</td></tr><tr><td>Blue Chair</td><td>1</td><td>1200</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Blue Bed</td><td>2</td><td>2100</td><td>NA</td><td>Redd
</td></tr><tr><td>Blue Bureau</td><td>2</td><td>2160</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Blue Wardrobe</td><td>1</td><td>1920</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Blue Bench</td><td>2</td><td>1900</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Blue Dresser</td><td>1</td><td>2100</td><td>Red</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Blue Bookcase</td><td>1</td><td>1900</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Blue Clock</td><td>1</td><td>1600</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Blue Cabinet</td><td>1</td><td>2400</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr></table>

Exotic Series:
<table><tr><th>
</td></tr><tr><td>Exotic Table</td><td>2</td><td>2300</td><td>NA</td><td>Redd
</td></tr><tr><td>Exotic Chair</td><td>1</td><td>1400</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Exotic Bed</td><td>2</td><td>2540</td><td>NA</td><td>Redd
</td></tr><tr><td>Exotic Bureau</td><td>2</td><td>2400</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Exotic Wardrobe</td><td>1</td><td>2180</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Exotic Bench</td><td>2</td><td>1900</td><td>NA</td><td> Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Exotic Chest</td><td>2</td><td>1800</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Exotic Lamp</td><td>1</td><td>1800</td><td>Yellow</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Exotic Screen</td><td>2</td><td>2250</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Exotic End Table</td><td>1</td><td>1600</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr></table>

Ranch Series:
<table><tr><th>
</td></tr><tr><td>Ranch Table</td><td>4</td><td>1700</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Ranch Chair</td><td>1</td><td>1400</td><td>NA</td><td>Redd
</td></tr><tr><td>Ranch Bed</td><td>2</td><td>2300</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Ranch Dresser</td><td>2</td><td>2720</td><td>NA</td><td>Redd
</td></tr><tr><td>Ranch Wardrobe</td><td>1</td><td>3050</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Ranch Couch</td><td>2</td><td>2400</td><td>Green</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Ranch Armchair</td><td>1</td><td>2000</td><td>Green</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Ranch Tea Table</td><td>2</td><td>1800</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Ranch Hutch</td><td>1</td><td>2560</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Ranch Bookcase</td><td>1</td><td>2000</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr></table>

Kiddie Series:
<table><tr><th>
</td></tr><tr><td>Kiddie Table</td><td>4</td><td>2200</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Kiddie Chair</td><td>1</td><td>1400</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Kiddie Bed</td><td>2</td><td>2100</td><td>NA</td><td>Redd
</td></tr><tr><td>Kiddie Dresser</td><td>2</td><td>2150</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Kiddie Wardrobe</td><td>1</td><td>2180</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Kiddie Clock</td><td>1</td><td>1480</td><td>NA</td><td>Redd
</td></tr><tr><td>Kiddie Couch</td><td>2</td><td>2200</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Kiddie Stereo</td><td>2</td><td>1900</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Kiddie Bookcase</td><td>1</td><td>1800</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Kiddie Bureau</td><td>1</td><td>2200</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr></table>

Classic Series:
<table><tr><th>
</td></tr><tr><td>Classic Table</td><td>1</td><td>1600</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Classic Chair</td><td>1</td><td>1800</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Classic Bed</td><td>4</td><td>2520</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Classic Vanity</td><td>1</td><td>2560</td><td>NA</td><td>Redd
</td></tr><tr><td>Classic Wardrobe</td><td>1</td><td>2560</td><td>NA</td><td>Redd
</td></tr><tr><td>Classic Hutch</td><td>2</td><td>3360</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Classic Clock</td><td>1</td><td>2180</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Classic Desk</td><td>1</td><td>2200</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Classic Cabinet</td><td>2</td><td>2560</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Classic Sofa</td><td>2</td><td>2240</td><td>Yellow</td><td>Nook
</td></tr></table>

Green Series:
<table><tr><th>
</td></tr><tr><td>Green Table</td><td>4</td><td>1700</td><td>Green</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Green Chair</td><td>1</td><td>1200</td><td>Green</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Green Bed</td><td>2</td><td>2160</td><td>Green</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Green Dresser</td><td>2</td><td>2320</td><td>Green</td><td>Redd
</td></tr><tr><td>Green Wardrobe</td><td>1</td><td>2300</td><td>Green</td><td>Redd
</td></tr><tr><td>Green Bench</td><td>2</td><td>1800</td><td>Green</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Green Pantry</td><td>1</td><td>2290</td><td>Green</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Green Counter</td><td>2</td><td>2400</td><td>Green</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Green Lamp</td><td>1</td><td>1800</td><td>Green</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Green Desk</td><td>1</td><td>2000</td><td>Green</td><td>Nook
</td></tr></table>

Modern Series:
<table><tr><th>
</td></tr><tr><td>Modern Bed</td><td>2</td><td>2320</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Modern Cabinet</td><td>2</td><td>2580</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Modern Chair</td><td>1</td><td>1500</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Modern Desk</td><td>2</td><td>2480</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Modern Dresser</td><td>1</td><td>2250</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Modern End Table</td><td>1</td><td>1900</td><td>NA</td><td>Redd
</td></tr><tr><td>Modern Lamp</td><td>1</td><td>1400</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Modern Sofa</td><td>2</td><td>2620</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Modern Table</td><td>2</td><td>1800</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Modern Wardrobe</td><td>1</td><td>2560</td><td>NA</td><td>Redd
</td></tr></table>

Lovely Series:
<table><tr><th>
</td></tr><tr><td>Lovely End Table</td><td>1</td><td>1800</td><td>NA</td><td>Redd
</td></tr><tr><td>Lovely Chair</td><td>1</td><td>1600</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Lovely Bed</td><td>2</td><td>2000</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Lovely Dresser</td><td>2</td><td>2160</td><td>Red</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Lovely Armoire</td><td>1</td><td>2240</td><td>NA</td><td>Redd
</td></tr><tr><td>Lovely Lamp</td><td>1</td><td>1600</td><td>Red</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Lovely Kitchen</td><td>2</td><td>2280</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Lovely Armchair</td><td>1</td><td>2000</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Lovely Vanity</td><td>1</td><td>2200</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Lovely Table</td><td>1</td><td>1800</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr></table>

Cabana Series:
<table><tr><th>
</td></tr><tr><td>Cabana Armchair</td><td>1</td><td>1800</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Cabana Bed</td><td>2</td><td>2200</td><td>NA</td><td>Redd
</td></tr><tr><td>Cabana Bookcase</td><td>2</td><td>2400</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Cabana Chair</td><td>1</td><td>1600</td><td>NA</td><td>Redd
</td></tr><tr><td>Cabana Dresser</td><td>1</td><td>2400</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Cabana Lamp</td><td>1</td><td>1700</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Cabana Screen</td><td>2</td><td>2000</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Cabana Table</td><td>2</td><td>1800</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Cabana Vanity</td><td>1</td><td>1800</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr><tr><td>Cabana Wardrobe</td><td>1</td><td>2240</td><td>NA</td><td>Nook
</td></tr></table>

Snowman Series:
<table><tr><th>
</td></tr><tr><td>Snowman Bed</td><td>4</td><td>NFS</td><td>NA</td><td>Snowman
</td></tr><tr><td>Snowman Sofa</td><td>2</td><td>NFS</td><td>NA</td><td>Snowman
</td></tr><tr><td>Snowman Television</td><td>1</td><td>NFS</td><td>NA</td><td>Snowman
</td></tr><tr><td>Snowman Table</td><td>4</td><td>NFS</td><td>NA</td><td>Snowman
</td></tr><tr><td>Snowman Chair</td><td>1</td><td>NFS</td><td>NA</td><td>Snowman
</td></tr><tr><td>Snowman Clock</td><td>1</td><td>NFS</td><td>NA</td><td>Snowman
</td></tr><tr><td>Snowman Fridge</td><td>1</td><td>NFS</td><td>NA</td><td>Snowman
</td></tr><tr><td>Snowman Dresser</td><td>1</td><td>NFS</td><td>NA</td><td>Snowman
</td></tr><tr><td>Snowman Wardrobe</td><td>1</td><td>NFS</td><td>NA</td><td>Snowman
</td></tr><tr><td>Snowman Lamp</td><td>1</td><td>NFS</td><td>NA</td><td>Snowman
</td></tr></table>

Jingle Series:
<table><tr><th>
</td></tr><tr><td>Jingle Clock</td><td>1</td><td>NFS</td><td>NA</td><td>Jingle
</td></tr><tr><td>Jingle Lamp</td><td>1</td><td>NFS</td><td>NA</td><td>Jingle
</td></tr><tr><td>Jingle Bed</td><td>2</td><td>NFS</td><td>NA</td><td>Jingle
</td></tr><tr><td>Jingle Dresser</td><td>2</td><td>NFS</td><td>NA</td><td>Jingle
</td></tr><tr><td>Jingle Shelves</td><td>1</td><td>NFS</td><td>NA</td><td>Jingle
</td></tr><tr><td>Jingle Wardrobe</td><td>1</td><td>NFS</td><td>NA</td><td>Jingle
</td></tr><tr><td>Jingle Piano</td><td>2</td><td>NFS</td><td>NA</td><td>Jingle
</td></tr><tr><td>Jingle Chair</td><td>1</td><td>NFS</td><td>NA</td><td>Jingle
</td></tr><tr><td>Jingle Table</td><td>4</td><td>NFS</td><td>NA</td><td>Jingle
</td></tr><tr><td>Jingle Sofa</td><td>2</td><td>NFS</td><td>NA</td><td>Jingle
</td></tr></table>

EDIT: Also some of the information about luck and karma is from Aaron_R's guide, as said below by him. I've just put it into my own words. Thanks to him for the information though.

holy freakin cow Jas0n, you have a lot of time on your hands...
but nice job anyways!

Bacon Boy said:
but nice job anyways!
A lot of it was not my own research, seeing as I don't even have City Folk yet. I just pulled together a load of different things people have discovered and/or posted guides about and put it into my own words so pretty much anyone can understand it.

Anyway, thanks ^_^

My house has Feng Shui and I have lots of lucky items. I just got the Lucky Black Cat from Redd yesterday.

bloodbend3r said:
this guide looks like it's for the AC on the gamecube. for all we know, this could be a little out of date.
The only thing from AC:GC is the picture and the only thing from AC:WW is the list of lucky items.

EDIT: Also, I forgot to mention that a lot of this guide is thanks to Aaron_R, wouldn't want to take all the credit for most of this guide when it's his work xD

Aaron_R said:
Bacon Boy said:
but nice job anyways!
Credit needs to be given to me! Please edit the post and add me as the author of the content that you used from my guide. Thanks Btw my full guide can be viewed by clicking ]
Also check out my Animal Crossing City Folk videos I have at [url=http://tinyurl.com/WiiACCF]tinyurl.comWiiACCF
Just edited my post above yours ;P I forgot to add it, sorry about that XD

CRAP!!
I unwrap prezzies, look at em, then deliver so I get cata, then tell the person they loved it.
Bad karma - Oh noes, how do I raise it??

Btw isnt taking from the lost n found bad Karma to? :p

[quote="]CRAP!!
I unwrap prezzies, look at em, then deliver so I get cata, then tell the person they loved it.

Btw isnt taking from the lost n found bad Karma to? :p[/quote]Yes, you did damage your luck stat by doing that to the presents you were suppose to deliver. The only way to raise it back to what it was before is by running 2 errands/tasks for the villager you wronged.
The lost & found items do not count as doing anything bad, nor effect your luck. Thanks for asking I will update my guide.
Also it should be noted that I am working on a resetti section to find out if the games underlying luck mechanism is effected by resetting the game

Aaron_R said:
[quote="]CRAP!!

Yes, you did damage your luck stat by doing that to the presents you were suppose to deliver. The only way to raise it back to what it was before is by running 2 errands/tasks for the villager you wronged.
The lost & found items do not count as doing anything bad, nor effect your luck. Thanks for asking I will update my guide.
Also it should be noted that I am working on a resetti section to find out if the games underlying luck mechanism is effected by resetting the game[/quote]I would of thought that resetting the game would reset anything that isn't saved? o_O

Jas0n said:
Aaron_R said:
[quote="]CRAP!!

Yes, you did damage your luck stat by doing that to the presents you were suppose to deliver. The only way to raise it back to what it was before is by running 2 errands/tasks for the villager you wronged.
Also it should be noted that I am working on a resetti section to find out if the games underlying luck mechanism is effected by resetting the game
I would of thought that resetting the game would reset anything that isn't saved? o_O[/quote]Yeah but might give you bad luck - if it knows when you reset, it can add bad luck when you do, unescapable, resetting would give you it again. xP

][quote="Jas0n said:
Aaron_R said:
[quote="]CRAP!!

I would of thought that resetting the game would reset anything that isn't saved? o_O[/quote]Yeah but might give you bad luck - if it knows when you reset, it can add bad luck when you do, unescapable, resetting would give you it again. xP[/quote]Ah right, I mis-read his post xD Although I still doubt it would effect luck.

Jas0n said:
][quote="Jas0n said:
Aaron_R said:
[quote="]CRAP!!

I would of thought that resetting the game would reset anything that isn't saved? o_O
Yeah but might give you bad luck - if it knows when you reset, it can add bad luck when you do, unescapable, resetting would give you it again. xP[/quote]Ah right, I mis-read his post xD Although I still doubt it would effect luck.[/quote]Why not? It's a perfect punishment.

][quote="Jas0n said:
][quote="Jas0n said:
Aaron_R said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deep
I would of thought that resetting the game would reset anything that isn't saved? o_O
Yeah but might give you bad luck - if it knows when you reset, it can add bad luck when you do, unescapable, resetting would give you it again. xP
Ah right, I mis-read his post xD Although I still doubt it would effect luck.[/quote]Why not? It's a perfect punishment.[/quote]I think listening to resetti for god knows how long is punishment enough >=O

Well, I'm not sure yet if it does or not. I just deleted the 3rd character slot the other day. And started fresh with it. Now slot 3 will be as the control and 4 as the subject. Will take a while to carry out test, as I need to systematically increase their luck at the same rate by doing the same things and having the same home layouts etc.
Than I'll reset the 4th persons game file and than I'll have to throw axes into the fountain with the both of them and compare their percentages on the results returned.
Remember, the results in my guide right now were compiled by tossing 37 axes each (74 total) into the fountain for my character (the control) and the one I used to test the Golden Karma Rule on.
Each session I play AC I get an axe test for each person than move the date a day forward, test again etc. probably about 4 or 5 times per session, it's quite a long and tedious process (not testing yet, still in luck increasment stage) but I believe my results are decent that way at least. Would be a lot easier if I could get in contact with the person at Nintendo who developed the under lying luck mechanism for the game!

Great Job Jas0n. If I may add, I know for a fact that a jack-in-the-box is a lucky item. You get it from Jack on Halloween. To bad I have to wait till October. :smile:

Aaron_R said:
Bacon Boy said:
but nice job anyways!
Credit needs to be given to me! Please edit the post and add me as the author of the content that you used from my guide. Thanks Btw my full guide can be viewed by clicking ]
Also check out my Animal Crossing City Folk videos I have at [url=http://tinyurl.com/WiiACCF]tinyurl.com/WiiACCF
<big><big>Big </big></big>Thanks too Aaron_R for all his work! :smile:

Back