• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Long Distance Relationships

I've been in a LDR for 5ish years now and we'll be applying for a K-1 visa soon. Woo! I live in BC, Canada and him in California, like OPs boyfriend hehe.

I'll be going to visit him in a week and a half for a month! I hope the airport doesn't give me any problems. Last year I was denied entry to the US at the boarder because I didn't bring any paperwork that showed evidence that I still had ties to Canada, woops. :/
I collected my papers the next week and got through no problem but the whole experience really stressed me out.

I've been in a LDR for 5ish years now and we'll be applying for a K-1 visa soon. Woo! I live in BC, Canada and him in California, like OPs boyfriend hehe.

I'll be going to visit him in a week and a half for a month! I hope the airport doesn't give me any problems. Last year I was denied entry to the US at the boarder because I didn't bring any paperwork that showed evidence that I still had ties to Canada, woops. :/
I collected my papers the next week and got through no problem but the whole experience really stressed me out.

Aww, I'm going to California too in like 2 weeks. :3

long distance sucks bc even if u end up meeting the person they're prob far from you anyway and you just miss them a lot if you don't see them often enough
idk just my experience
it's always so nice to see those that do work out and i've heard some stories of getting married and that's pretty cute

I've been with my (now husband as of 3-31) for over 3 years. c: He lives in Washington state and I am in Missouri~
We met online through a game called Lucent Heart and it had matched us as soulmates. ; v; He actually asked me to be his girlfriend a -lot- before I had finally said yes~ and he's the absolute greatest man in the world to me.

Even though we are married we are still long distance, but I'll hopefully be moving to be with him sometime this year! <3

Good luck to everyone else in long distance relationships~ they can be tough but they can also be very rewarding ; u;

i used to be in an LDR that lasted for 7 yrs. i was 20 then and she was 17, she lives in florida and i live in california then she had a change of heart and cheated on me over a guy (we're both girls btw) after she started living here with her relatives. she was my first everything and i still loved her, now its been 7 yrs. and I'm still not completely over her :( sigh..

i don't mean to put down on everybody, in fact Its nice to see that everything has been pretty positive in this thread, i wish everyone good luck and happiness. :D

I've been currently dating my boyfriend for 1 year and 7 months now. He lives in New York and I live in Ontario. I'm turning 20 this year and he's turning 19. We haven't seen each other yet because my parents don't believe in long distance relationships and don't want to encourage it.

Not having their support really hurts me and it's a problem because I don't have enough money to move out on my my own in order to see him so we're both stuck. But he's stuck with me through it and that means more to me than anything else. I've tried talking to my parents about long distance relationships and how they're normal and safe but they're both pretty close minded people and won't give it a chance. But that's not going to stop us from being together. I plan on marrying this man. He's completely perfect for me.

I've been currently dating my boyfriend for 1 year and 7 months now. He lives in New York and I live in Ontario. I'm turning 20 this year and he's turning 19. We haven't seen each other yet because my parents don't believe in long distance relationships and don't want to encourage it.

Not having their support really hurts me and it's a problem because I don't have enough money to move out on my my own in order to see him so we're both stuck. But he's stuck with me through it and that means more to me than anything else. I've tried talking to my parents about long distance relationships and how they're normal and safe but they're both pretty close minded people and won't give it a chance. But that's not going to stop us from being together. I plan on marrying this man. He's completely perfect for me.

Aww that's so romantic~ :3 I plan to marry my boyfriend.. I know he's perfect for me and we both know we're the one for each other and that means everything to me. About the support thing, I would feel so lost and upset, but you seem to make through it, so good for you! Keep your chin up, you'll be together permanently soon.

Luckily, I have my mom's support, I told her about it first, although I did hide it for the first 9 or so months. I finally told my mom once we broke up in December for about a month and she asked why I just didn't tell her in the first place. It's great to know she has my back, because she didn't support them earlier in my life. It took me until VERY recently to introduce the idea to my dad. When my boyfriend visited, I had them meet but we had just gotten a new dog so my dad was more fascinated with meeting the new dog then meeting my boyfriend.. lol. That says something.. He loves dogs too much. xD But I now have both of their support, so it means a lot to me.

So chin up, you guys will be together soon enough!

Oh wow I didn't know there was already a thread about this, I was thinking of starting one haha. My boyfriend Andy and I met on ACNL last year, and have been together for 8months! WE'RE MEETING IN 60 DAYS!!!!! :D We're also planning on having an acnl wedding and children! We know we're perfect for each other and need to spend our entire lives together! He's so kind and sweet and just perfect omg.

I've actually started a thread about the countdown until we meet if anyone wanted to join...? *shy* you can find it here. Btw I hope I don't come across as intruding or anything.

Last edited:
This is my favourite thread. Thank you for bumping it, I was looking for it!

My boyfriend and I have been together for 4 years now and just 3 weeks ago I moved to his house for school. :3

Aww that's so romantic~ :3 I plan to marry my boyfriend.. I know he's perfect for me and we both know we're the one for each other and that means everything to me. About the support thing, I would feel so lost and upset, but you seem to make through it, so good for you! Keep your chin up, you'll be together permanently soon.

Luckily, I have my mom's support, I told her about it first, although I did hide it for the first 9 or so months. I finally told my mom once we broke up in December for about a month and she asked why I just didn't tell her in the first place. It's great to know she has my back, because she didn't support them earlier in my life. It took me until VERY recently to introduce the idea to my dad. When my boyfriend visited, I had them meet but we had just gotten a new dog so my dad was more fascinated with meeting the new dog then meeting my boyfriend.. lol. That says something.. He loves dogs too much. xD But I now have both of their support, so it means a lot to me.

So chin up, you guys will be together soon enough!

That's so good you have both your parents' support. Not having it really hurts. It really does >_< I'm not even sure how to make them accept it or at least give it a chance first.

But thank you. We both work really hard to make it work. It's work yeah, but it definitely is worth it.

I'm in an online long-distance relationship, it is hard missing each other so much despite never having met :c I'm sure everyone in one knows how it feels. Unfortunately I live in the UK and she's all the way over in Texas... We've known each other online since 2009, were best friends for about 2 years, and a year ago next week she told me how she felt and honestly I felt the exact same way, but I'd never have been brave enough to admit it first because I was scared of getting my heart broken again. I love her to bits <3
We plan on meeting hopefully in around a year and a half at the most and she's gonna live with me for a while, but even that feels like forever away :( We're both trying to stay optimistic, though.

Nobody I know IRL even knows we're together (or that I've ever been in any kind of relationship), but my mum still knows our plans, she just thinks we're good friends heh... It's a difficult thing to tell anybody, I don't know what my mum's opinion on online relationships is and I know some other people in my family don't understand it, for that reason I just plan on telling them once we're actually living together for my own sake.

I just realised also that I've never actually talked about it so this is my first time doing so :blush:

I just met my boyfriend's mother over Skype. I was so nervous because I wanted her to like me. ^^'

But I think it went well. My boyfriend said she told him that I was super sweet.

I enjoyed talking to her actually. I don't know if her being super young helped but I got this "down to earth" vibe from her which was so good. I definitely enjoyed talking to her. We ended up talking for like, 40 minutes while my boyfriend went out to grab groceries.

Yay! x3

Lucky you. :( my parents are on board with this while his parents can't know.. Strict Asian parents maaan. Not being racist. But it's whatever, I'd rather stay in his car than not see him.

Lucky you. :( my parents are on board with this while his parents can't know.. Strict Asian parents maaan. Not being racist. But it's whatever, I'd rather stay in his car than not see him.

Wait...is it because you're not Asian also? o:

Back