• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Let us translate! [Animal Crossing: New Leaf Translation Thread]

Awesome! so does this mean that the sloth characters name is Rainy? I like it.

I gave her that one so we could edit that one, so hopefully we can soon :>

Yeah, sorry about that Matt :D I restarted my computer and closed Skype so I kind of forgot about it...I'll do it now though :)

Thank you for translating! On the website, there's a section that talks about the different town types. Could you translate it please?

Here's the image from the site:
mw6zy0.jpg
Sure no problem!

Title: You can choose from these kind of regulations!
(from left-to-right)
1) Let's make our town beautiful!
Things like garbage and cockroaches won't show up in your town as much. Things like weeds will also not form as easily, which gives your town a really beautiful feeling.

2) Let's make it an early rising town!
With this setting, shop times will open earlier and villagers will wake up earlier. This is perfect for those of you that are early risers.

3) Let's make our town night owl style!
If you're the type of player that stays up late and wants to play late, you can make your town "a town that never sleeps". With that, the shop times and villager's schedules will also be shifted later.

4) The rich town of your dreams?!
While the prices of items in the shops will become more expensive, the money that you'll get from selling things to the recycle shop will go up!

1) Let's make our town beautiful!
Things like garbage and cockroaches won't show up in your town as much. Things like weeds will also not form as easily, which gives your town a really beautiful feeling.

Damn. I was kinda hoping that he Beautiful Town regulation would do something more along the lines of more flowers growing per day or maybe a higher chance for Hybrids to form... Still, the garbage aspect might be useful if it means fishing up less tyres and boots :p

<edit> oh my god guise, 100 posts

SRSLY_16d898_2336229.gif

Last edited:
@saratoga
2) Let's make it an early rising town!
With this setting, shop times will open earlier and villagers will wake up earlier. This is perfect for those of you that are early risers.

Amazing! No more shifting my wii clock so i can play before school! :D
hopefully Timmy&Tommy's will open at about 6:30 if they can be bothered to open up that early! xD

Wow! Thanks! :D
I will probably go for either a beautifull or a morning type of town, depending on if you can change store hours for the shops:confused:

Wow! Thanks! :D
I will probably go for either a beautifull or a morning type of town, depending on if you can change store hours for the shops:confused:

for the morning/night times if you do decide to change your shop hours to later/earlier then Shizu will say that the residents think that the town should be classified as morning or night, whichever one suits the hours you changed to.
I don't think this will work for the beauty and rich town though, unless you keep it a rich town AND a night/morning town.
I also wonder if wifi visitors can sell stuff/buy stuff this time though with the rich town thing

I love the "a town that never sleeps"-option
Playing during the night is the most fun and also most relaxing.
I'm looking forward to playing at night, catching fish and everything and then sell them to the shops which will stay open longer at night!

Crap, sorry about that. I looked through before to see if someone already posted it, but I guess I didn't see that. Sorry.

Well then, since that was already translated, do you think you could translate the text in the video in the following link? Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12kYrcpL0LU&feature=share&list=UUbIh1VbkLpsu-fRi23q6HFA
Most of the stuff in that has been covered in the Nintendo Direct. :<.

Calendar is about 30% done right now. Need saratoga for something though.

After that, I'll talk to her about the new tabs and the other images. :>

Last edited:
I'm just going to translate the actual festivals and dates and not all the "fluff" text. Hope that is OK :)

January~March/October~December: Fishing Tournament

June~September: Bug catching Tournament

September 3rd: "Grass Day" A day where everybody picks the wild weeds in town and tries to beautify it up. If you go and pick weeds from another village, Rainy (the character shown) will reward you with a present!

November: Harvest Festival, Franklin the cook will use the ingredients that you collect him to make a delicious dish!

December 24th: Christmas. Santa's helper Jingle will come to your town! Try talking to him while wearing a Santa Claus outfit...

Then when you click the orange bar that says 「イベントカレンダー」 (Even calendar) these will pop up:

Full Calender:
(as of now)
~November 2012~
17th: Fishing tournament
22nd: Harvest Festival

~December 2012~
8th: Fishing Tournament
21st: Winter solstice
24th: Christmas
31st: New years countdown

~January 2013~
1st: New Years
19th: Fishing Tournament

~February 2013~
3rd: Setsubun (its a Japanese holiday where someone dresses up as an "oni" (demon) and you throw beans at him. Most likely will be changed in localization.)
9th: Fishing tournament
11th: Carnival

~March 2013~
3rd: Girl's festival/Doll festival (another Japanese holiday where girls get very nice, expensive Japanese styled dolls, will also probably change in localization).
16th: Fishing Tournament
31st: Easter

~April 2013~
1st: April Fools Day
13th: Fishing Tournament

~May 2013~
5th: Childrens day (Another Japanese Holiday).
18th: Fishing Tournament

~June 2013~
15th: Bug catching tournament
21th: Summer solstice

~July 2013~
7th: Tanabata (Star Festival, another Japanese holiday about star crossed lovers-- look it up, it is a good story :))
20th: Bug catching tournament

~August 2013~
4th, 11th, 18th, 25th: Fireworks festival
15th: Obon (Japanese holiday, where they spend time with their families, visit graves of those deceased, etc).
17th: Bug catching tournament

~September 2013~
3rd: Grass day *you need to have opened the "Gardening store" to have this take place
19th: Moon viewing day
21st: Bug catching tournament

~October 2013~
12th: Fishing Tournament
31st: Halloween

~November 2013~
16th: Fishing Tournament
28th: Harvest Festival

~December 2013~
14th: Fishing tournament
22nd: Winter Solstice
24th: Christmas
31st: New Years count down

Cool, the carnival must be the festivale!
The winter solstice and Summer solstice sounds exciting.

Crap, sorry about that. I looked through before to see if someone already posted it, but I guess I didn't see that. Sorry.

Well then, since that was already translated, do you think you could translate the text in the video in the following link? Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12kYrcpL0LU&feature=share&list=UUbIh1VbkLpsu-fRi23q6HFA
At the part with Jack, if you look into the top-left corner, you can see the mailbox shaking because there is mail, new feature? :confused:

At the part with Jack, if you look into the top-left corner, you can see the mailbox shaking because there is mail, new feature? :confused:

Oh I just noticed it, yeah the flag is shaking, in previous games it just blinked and made a noise, the shaking looks to be definitely more annoying than the blinking if you never empty your mailbox.

Really loving the translations Saratoga/Mattmagician. Do you think you could use something besides Comic Sans though? :p Not the best font in the world.

Impressive work with the translations! I like how instead of just providing pure text documentation, you guys edit the screenshots/articles to give the appearance of a translated game/page. Very good. I look forward to more.

Last edited:
Back