• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Let us translate! [Animal Crossing: New Leaf Translation Thread]

mattmagician

Mayor of Brookden
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Hey there! So, some of you may have seen the videos that Saratoga's been uploading.

That said, this is a thread for translations. You guys post stuff you find, and we'll do the best we can to translate.
I'll be editing them into english. I'll do my best to work with Saratoga and provide great translations for you all!

Here's the ones we've done so far. :>

Saratoga's Translated Nintendo Direct.
Saratoga's Translated Overview Trailer.

Calendar:
fPSyF.png

Style:
AazFD.png
YMN1y.png
rxFbM.png

Mayoral Duties:
C8peN.png

Town Decorations:
EMeyX.png

Communications/The Island:

jRZoK.png

wgwU5.png

Kappa Family:
TjzuA.png

Last edited:
This looks like a pretty neat thread :)

There's quite a few people working on translations on youtube. I found one doing a voiceover, and about two others doing English subtitles :D

Can I tell you how awesome you are? Thank you so much for doing all these translations for us. Being able to actually understand what's going on just makes me more and more pumped up for this game.

Can I tell you how awesome you are? Thank you so much for doing all these translations for us. Being able to actually understand what's going on just makes me more and more pumped up for this game.
98% of it is all Saratoga. I'm helping with images where I can, but the videos are all her. She's amazing :>

If it's requested, I could probably work out a voice-over version of the Nintendo direct, but I don't see the need for it.

Wow, thank you guys so much for doing this! :) Is there any chance that you could possibly translate what's on the AC Japanese website? It looks like the site has a lot of info, but I can't read it. :(

Thank you for the translations! Hope to see more from the site :)

Looking at the first picture, those are actually the same eye styles with different eye colors so it'd be neat if we can actually change eye color in this game too.

I've been watching these. They're very helpful! Thanks a lot.

Thank you for the translations. They were super helpful in understanding the clips!

Hello, I am the one who has been translating (my boyfriend has been the editor, so he really makes the videos shine I think :)). I'll do any print translating that you guys may want done, like images from the website or scans etc. I don't think I can manage long interviews or articles or anything like that, but stuff from the website or tweets is perfectly manageable!

Thanks for the video! It's nice that there are going to be more than 2 multiplayer games. But I guess the others are just bug and fishing tournaments? Or they put in more creative ones :D

Thanks for the video! It's nice that there are going to be more than 2 multiplayer games. But I guess the others are just bug and fishing tournaments? Or they put in more creative ones :D

Yeah I wonder what all the games are going to be...

Heya! So today the official Animal Crossing site was updated and now we can find somewhat that looks like a calendar on one page. I would love to know what we can expect concerning holidays and so on. Could you please help and translate it?
Find it here!
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/egdj/year/index.html

I'm just going to translate the actual festivals and dates and not all the "fluff" text. Hope that is OK :)

January~March/October~December: Fishing Tournament

June~September: Bug catching Tournament

September 3rd: "Grass Day" A day where everybody picks the wild weeds in town and tries to beautify it up. If you go and pick weeds from another village, Rainy (the character shown) will reward you with a present!

November: Harvest Festival, Franklin the cook will use the ingredients that you collect him to make a delicious dish!

December 24th: Christmas. Santa's helper Jingle will come to your town! Try talking to him while wearing a Santa Claus outfit...

Then when you click the orange bar that says 「イベントカレンダー」 (Even calendar) these will pop up:

Full Calender:
(as of now)
~November 2012~
17th: Fishing tournament
22nd: Harvest Festival

~December 2012~
8th: Fishing Tournament
21st: Winter solstice
24th: Christmas
31st: New years countdown

~January 2013~
1st: New Years
19th: Fishing Tournament

~February 2013~
3rd: Setsubun (its a Japanese holiday where someone dresses up as an "oni" (demon) and you throw beans at him. Most likely will be changed in localization.)
9th: Fishing tournament
11th: Carnival

~March 2013~
3rd: Girl's festival/Doll festival (another Japanese holiday where girls get very nice, expensive Japanese styled dolls, will also probably change in localization).
16th: Fishing Tournament
31st: Easter

~April 2013~
1st: April Fools Day
13th: Fishing Tournament

~May 2013~
5th: Childrens day (Another Japanese Holiday).
18th: Fishing Tournament

~June 2013~
15th: Bug catching tournament
21th: Summer solstice

~July 2013~
7th: Tanabata (Star Festival, another Japanese holiday about star crossed lovers-- look it up, it is a good story :))
20th: Bug catching tournament

~August 2013~
4th, 11th, 18th, 25th: Fireworks festival
15th: Obon (Japanese holiday, where they spend time with their families, visit graves of those deceased, etc).
17th: Bug catching tournament

~September 2013~
3rd: Grass day *you need to have opened the "Gardening store" to have this take place
19th: Moon viewing day
21st: Bug catching tournament

~October 2013~
12th: Fishing Tournament
31st: Halloween

~November 2013~
16th: Fishing Tournament
28th: Harvest Festival

~December 2013~
14th: Fishing tournament
22nd: Winter Solstice
24th: Christmas
31st: New Years count down

Thank you for translating! On the website, there's a section that talks about the different town types. Could you translate it please?

Here's the image from the site:
mw6zy0.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Back