• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Least Favorite Household Chore?

I hate cleaning the shower...cleaning grout between the tiles can require some serious elbow grease.

I actually don’t mind cleaning as I tend to be a bit of neat freak and once I start on something small like dusting it turns into more. However I do hate changing my bedding as I can never get the mattress sheet crease free. Plus if either of my cats are around they think it’s fun to dive in and under the duvet cover whilst I’m still changing it. 🙄

Agreeing with Plume up there! Man, do I hate cleaning the shower. Plus, it's a total pain to like lean over and get all up in there and scrub everything out. Literally hurts my back quite bad.
I used to hate cleaning my stove soooo much, but I got a newer stainless one last year and now it's so nice and easy to clean!
I also hate vacuuming in general, again because it hurts my back. I love when stuff is clean - but cleaning the stuff is not so fun.

I actually don’t mind cleaning as I tend to be a bit of neat freak and once I start on something small like dusting it turns into more. However I do hate changing my bedding as I can never get the mattress sheet crease free. Plus if either of my cats are around they think it’s fun to dive in and under the duvet cover whilst I’m still changing it. 🙄

Ahhhh oh my cats love that too! I swear my one kitty has a sixth sense for when I’m changing my my bedding because she appears out of nowhere lol. Sits right in the middle of my bed and purrs so loud, especially when you cover her with a blanket 😂 it can be frustrating if I’m just trying to get my bed made but otherwise it’s really cute!

I hate cleaning the dishes just because it takes forever but the true evil is cleaning the bathroom. Ugh! If I could pick one chore never to do again it would be anything to do with dishes or the bathroom. I actually enjoy doing laundry a bit because I like the folding, plus in the winter the towels are warm when you fold them lol. Anything wet/messy I hate!

Same as Pintuition.
The dishes and cleaning the bathroom are the worse. Yet I'd rather do the dishes than clean the bathroom.

Ahhhh oh my cats love that too! I swear my one kitty has a sixth sense for when I’m changing my my bedding because she appears out of nowhere lol. Sits right in the middle of my bed and purrs so loud, especially when you cover her with a blanket 😂 it can be frustrating if I’m just trying to get my bed made but otherwise it’s really cute!
Same here. Both of mine can be fast asleep and as soon as I start making my bed they appear out of nowhere. It is funny watching them go mad over bedding and jump on the lumps in the duvet. Although you have to watch them as they’re so fast and they’re claws are like pins even through the bedding. 😳😂

I absolutely hate sweeping the floor, especially if it's over a carpet. Sometimes, I have to use the vacuum to get it fully clean. Reaching over in tight spaces and moving furniture just to sweep there is annoying too.

I really hate doing other people's dishes. I don't mind washing my own, but my roomates suck about cleaning theirs so I always end up having to do it. The food waste is way grosser when it's not your own.

Cleaning the toilet and cat litter box is always the ickiest. But they have to be done regularly. There's a sense of accomplishment in doing those necessary chores no matter how gross.

The one I hardly ever do unless company comes over is make the bed. I've always found that one rather pointless other than for aesthetics and order.

As for dishes, I'd mind that one less if we had a dishwasher that could fit, but since we couldn't get one installed, I have to do it the old-fashioned way (by hand). I think it's aging my hands, but no other option.

Probably cleaning the bathroom or the kitchen. It's gross and it takes a long time but I don't have to it as often as sweeping, dishes, or vacuuming.

Hazards of having a furry pet is that the dust bunnies get really out of control if you don't clean regularly.

The dishes aren't so bad now that we got enough dishware and silverware to use our dishwasher but still have to hand wash the pots, pans, and plastic containers.

I absolutely despise doing dishes. Thankfully, my boyfriend hates doing laundry so we made an agreement that as long as he washes all of the dishes I'll do all of the laundry lol

What about you? What household chore(s) do you absolutely hate?

I hate dishes and I hate vacuuming, but I love to cook and do laundry, haha! So I guess that is a bonus. Can't go without my dishwasher, washing machine and dryer. I never appreciated them at home quite as much as I do now having lived on my own for bursts at a time, some of my apartments had none of these luxuries and it took a bit of creativity.

dishes 100%. i'm pretty shortso instead of ending up with a wet spot on my stomach, it's always on my chest! plus wet food bits are a sensory nightmare...

Probably my least favourite chore is washing dishes but only if they're really dirty. I usually don't mind but if they're greasy and have food on them then it bothers me.

I hate cleaning the bathroom, especially when I know the mess wasn’t made by me. 🤢

Definitely cleaning the bathroom especially the bathtub, I find it so tiring to really get in all the corners and such.

Back