• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Jock Villager Tier List

Sparro was my first ever jock. Kid Cat and the robot duo are my favsView attachment 263080

my-image (2).png

Not surprised when I did this again. Sparro, Ribbot and Kid Cat will always take the top. I've really come to like Rudy a lot more. I still love Snake and Sprocket but don't consider them my personal S class. It also looks like I've come to like more jocks than I used to, like Jitters. When someone mentioned Jitters was Brazilian I instantly liked him more. I still think a lot of them have terrible designs though. A lot of the D class will probably stay that way, simply because I don't like their designs.

This is just a normal favorites tier list but I'm being silly with the tier names, I'm not actually trying to rank how strong the jock villagers are ahaha

jock ranking.png

Strongest in the land: They cannot be defeated. Being a little more serious, Rod, Sterling, and Dom are my favorite jocks—Rod is adorable (he's a pirate mouse!!), I love knights, and Dom's expressions are too darn cute.

Unbelievably powerful: If I tried to fight them, I'd almost certainly lose. These are all jocks I also really like. I've had a few (Moose, who was a very good neighbor, Boone, who's one of my favorite gorillas, and Mott, who I enjoyed lecturing to clean up his room), but I'd be thrilled to have all the others here as well. Special shoutouts go to Billy, because I love elderly villagers, and Buck, because I love donkeys. Teddy, Flip, and Sheldon are all really cute.

Worthy opponents: If we were to battle, I don't know who would win in the end. I really like all these guys, and wouldn't mind having them. Cousteau seems like a happy sort and I feel like he'd be easy to get along with, but I'm pretty iffy on certain aspects of his design.

I could probably beat them in a fight, but at what cost?: I wouldn't want to battle with these fellas—if I won, I'd feel bad. These jocks aren't my favorites, but I'd give them all a passing grade. Cobb isn't exactly what I'd call a "cute" villager, but I find the whole mad scientist concept around him to be pretty amusing. Sparro is my birthday twin, which makes it a little easier to overlook that... uncomfortably intense gaze of his.

Challenge me again when you're stronger: These jocks need to train harder if they want to defeat me. I'm not too big a fan of these designs, although Axel lost favor with me when he scared off my first golden stag in New Horizons. Sly showed up in my New Leaf campsite a grand total of four times. I guess I should be glad he liked the place so much, but he was never who I was hoping to see when I walked into that tent.

Do you even lift bro?: I'd win. I'm just not a fan of these. I find Rudy's design a little unsettling.

my-image (5).png

S tier - All my favourite guys, with a special shoutout to Teddy, my ultimate frenemy who gave me the most amusement out of all of them.

A tier - Great guys, enjoyed having them in my towns/island. Also some that I haven't met but like the design of.

B tier - These guys are pretty cool

C tier - Neutral on these

D tier - Meh...no thanks

Tank - Tank. TANK! He became the villager embodiment of a creeper I knew irl. Me and my bf were laughing about how Tank kinda looks like an animal version of that guy and I thought it would be funny to change his greetings/catchphrases/nicknames to references to things this guy said. And they were CREEPY. So then Tank's marching around town, dropping his creep lines like a boss. It was funny at first, but then it started to feel sinister. I already had his pic, but didn't have any jock amiibos at that point, so all I could do was try to replace him with any jocks that came to the campsite, or wait for him to ask to leave and agree, so I could island hop for another jock (wasn't picky about which, would've taken any in D tier). In the meantime, Tank's creepy lines had started to catch on. This was horrifying. With all the will in the world, there was no way I could tolerate even cute and innocent animals such as Anicotti happily chirping that out. So I just used the next camper, no matter who it was, to boot him out, with the view to let one of my extra personality types go and get a new jock then.

But it didn't end there, oh no.

I was visiting my bf's island one night, which was under construction. It was rainy and misty. Out of the mist this figure just slowly appeared, with my bf exclaiming "Wait...who's that?" and it was Tank! My bf had stupidly left a plot open on his island and forgot about it. He'd met Tank on my island at some point, so Tank greeted him by name and said "Remember me?" then informed him he recently moved in. It was like something out of a lifetime movie. My bf clearly hadn't realised he'd moved in either (I dunno how he could've missed that, but I guess he really pounds on the switch to skip the announcements) for a couple of days, as Tank was already wandering around outside. He was more stubborn about giving his pic to my bf, and we both make it a thing to collect the pics before they leave, I think this started back in NL, in my last town there. So my bf changed all his catchphrases to terrible things haha.

In both of our islands, the ghost of Tank lingered on for some time after he was gone, in the form of other villagers taking on his terrible sleazy lines like he was a good role model, gosh!

decided to give this a shot since i just did one for the normals.

Screenshot (24).png

i already knew going into this that the majority of these guys were going to be in the bottom tier. honestly, i should've added an f tier for some of them, but i couldn't be asked. i don't care for a lot of the jock designs, as this list shows, and their personality can be insufferable for me without a good design. not to mention that some of them just look downright creepy. yeah, i'd believe that moose wears the same sweaty shirt for a week straight.

s tier -- kid cat is both a superhero and a king. bill has a very cute design, and i'd invite him if i had room. i know people are going to side-eye me for having stinky in this tier with a design like that, but he was cool at the start of my NL town, and look... a cat called stinky? who wears underpants as a wrestling mask? that's the kind of humor and stupidness that appeals to me. besides, everyone has that one ugly villager they love that everyone else hates, and he's mine.

a tier is empty because nobody matches those three for me. maybe roald, but i wasn't sure.

b tier is for the only other designs i find particularly likable. in case it wasn't obvious, i tend to like 'em simple and/or cute. hamlet was also my NH starting jock.

c tier is for the designs i find tolerable and wouldn't mind. if one of these guys moved in randomly, i'd be like, "meh, okay".

d tier is for the designs i don't care for. if one of these guys moved in randomly, i'd grimace a little or let out a sigh.

f tier that i was too lazy to include is for designs i flat out don't like. get out of my town. who would've gone in here? boone, sly, sparro, cobb, moose, jitters, louie, rory, buck, coach, curly and peck.

View attachment 398466

S tier - All my favourite guys, with a special shoutout to Teddy, my ultimate frenemy who gave me the most amusement out of all of them.

A tier - Great guys, enjoyed having them in my towns/island. Also some that I haven't met but like the design of.

B tier - These guys are pretty cool

C tier - Neutral on these

D tier - Meh...no thanks

Tank - Tank. TANK! He became the villager embodiment of a creeper I knew irl. Me and my bf were laughing about how Tank kinda looks like an animal version of that guy and I thought it would be funny to change his greetings/catchphrases/nicknames to references to things this guy said. And they were CREEPY. So then Tank's marching around town, dropping his creep lines like a boss. It was funny at first, but then it started to feel sinister. I already had his pic, but didn't have any jock amiibos at that point, so all I could do was try to replace him with any jocks that came to the campsite, or wait for him to ask to leave and agree, so I could island hop for another jock (wasn't picky about which, would've taken any in D tier). In the meantime, Tank's creepy lines had started to catch on. This was horrifying. With all the will in the world, there was no way I could tolerate even cute and innocent animals such as Anicotti happily chirping that out. So I just used the next camper, no matter who it was, to boot him out, with the view to let one of my extra personality types go and get a new jock then.

But it didn't end there, oh no.

I was visiting my bf's island one night, which was under construction. It was rainy and misty. Out of the mist this figure just slowly appeared, with my bf exclaiming "Wait...who's that?" and it was Tank! My bf had stupidly left a plot open on his island and forgot about it. He'd met Tank on my island at some point, so Tank greeted him by name and said "Remember me?" then informed him he recently moved in. It was like something out of a lifetime movie. My bf clearly hadn't realised he'd moved in either (I dunno how he could've missed that, but I guess he really pounds on the switch to skip the announcements) for a couple of days, as Tank was already wandering around outside. He was more stubborn about giving his pic to my bf, and we both make it a thing to collect the pics before they leave, I think this started back in NL, in my last town there. So my bf changed all his catchphrases to terrible things haha.

In both of our islands, the ghost of Tank lingered on for some time after he was gone, in the form of other villagers taking on his terrible sleazy lines like he was a good role model, gosh!

I'm cracking up, this Tank saga needs to be made into a major motion picture!

my-image-2.png

I'm not a huge fan of the jock villagers, they're all about working out and I'm more about sleeping instead that we have a bit of a personality clash and I'm not keen on a number of designs but there are still a few I do think are good.

Tier S: I don't currently have any jocks on my island in NH, though Poncho has been living in my NL town for quite a few months, but these are probably the only ones that would be welcome to stay on my island permanently. They are all from species that I really like and have colour schemes that I think look good, while Poncho and Bill in particular are very cute.

Tier A: I've either previously had these villagers (Hamlet was my original jock villager) or would be willing to pick them up while island hopping if I decided to look for a jock or was running out of NMTs. I'd be unlikely to keep any of these ones permanently but think they're all strong jock villagers and would be happy enough to keep them around long enough to get to know them better and collect their photos.

Tier B: Most of these are part of species that I like or just have designs that I think are quite nice. I'd be unlikely to go villager hunting for them but wouldn't really mind if they were random move ins and would be willing to give them a chance on my island though I don't like them as much as the villagers in the above tiers.

Tier C: I'm pretty indifferent to these villagers, there isn't really anything awful about any of them but there also isn't anything that really draws me to them, they're just quite average to me. It wouldn't bother me if any of them were random move ins on my island and I'd probably keep them around for a bit but I'd be more likely to kick these villagers off my island sooner then the ones above.

Tier D: Not very keen on most of these villagers, some are from species that I'm just not interested in and others have designs I'm not really a fan of, in particular Stinky who has a bad name and awful colour scheme. I'd rather not have these villagers turn up on my island though I don't dislike them as much as the Tier F villagers.

Tier F: My least favourite jocks, I'd hate for them to randomly move into my island and I'd be using an amiibo card to kick them back out. I don't really like the gorilla villagers and while I find some better then others these two do not fall into that category. I dislike Moose's hair, especially the facial parts, and I'm not keen on Coach's rough stubble look. Peck has odd eyes which are a bit creepy without the pupil while Cobb's glasses make his eyes look a bit strange too and I dislike his colour scheme.

1630939422553.png

S: These guys are so cute!
A: I like these guys and wouldn't mind them on my island
B: Indifferent to. Wouldn't mind them.
C: Do not like.
D: HATE HATE HATE

not really a fan of jock villagers but decided to give it a go since i just did the normal villagers one recently;

my-image.png

Tier S: kid cat and genji, they cute so i gave them the top
Tier A: next row of villagers are also cute and i could ignore the fact that they have a jock personality
Tier B: the i like them and they can stay category
Tier C: the their okay, but once i get their photo they will have to leave category
Tier D: the not a fan category

The jocks are my favorite personality type. Mac gets his own tier, because why not? Mac is the best, period. Sly, Rudy, and Leonardo are my favorites in the first tier.
AB6393C3-E999-4F1F-A24D-BADF50E3603D.jpeg

my-image(2).png

Drift has the biggest smile and unbelievably cheerfull attitude. Resseted for him in New Horizons since I never got the chance to met him in previous games. Also, I really adore his cute pattern. About Tad, he may seem like a plain frog to someone but whatever. Still hecking cute. Ribbot - unique design, frog, nothing else I need. Frobert may sometimes be a small jerk, he left my town in New Leaf, but I forget him that act of pure silliness. It's easy to be forgiven if you're a frog. Not much could I say about Cousteau. But would definitely invite him to my island. Kid Cat - simply amazing. Roald.. damn, in Wild World that boy was one of the best villagers in my town, chunky mad lad with catchphrase "Firetruck" made lotsa my days.

And I must admit, Buck kinda scares me.

37ED286D-D92A-4421-9F06-66A14F6C9ADD.jpeg

most of them are on the bottom because im picky

Last edited:
Jocks are a group that really grew on me. As a lazy person, totally uninterested in sports I did not expect to like them at all. But they are just…so fun and sweet and eager that is hard to not love them.

1631197299918.png

I expect over time, more of them will be added to the S tier. I truly don’t want to have three jocks at once on an island…but at the same time I love you enough of the designs to probably have three or more.

hamlet and Stinky are both perfection. Still not sure Mac snd Flip should not also be in S tier.

the A tier are all really excellent and of course I am particularly attached to my specific iteration of a Genji, who has been on my main island since day one.

B tier are also excellent and I could see more experience with any of them moving them up to A at least. Across the board chickens seem to have moved higher on my tier lists over the last several months. But I know think goose is really cute! really love frobert’s coloring and Sparro is one of my favorite birds.

C tier are all villagers I still like. Drift is another cute and colorful frog, pierce is my favorite eagle.

D tier there is at least one thing that I don’t quite like about their designs - like mott’s beard and coloring, or the robots - sorru robots, or I am not even quite sure about what it is with Cody but he look mean (?)

F tier are the only ones I strongly dislike. Sorry dudes. You just are not for me.

my-image.png

I like the jock personality type but there just aren't too many Designs I'm crazy about, you know?

Back