• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Is Raymond worth the price

NO! Raymond is such a cute and unique villager... However, he is not worth real money, especially at such a high price... 😒

That seems a little excessive, and it's also against Nintendo's TOS to purchase in game items/villagers for real money, I believe.

If you're really desperate for Raymond, you're probably better off island hopping, using the campsite method, or saving up your resources to buy him on here for in game items/currency or even TBT.

That being said, there are lots of other smug villagers out there that are just as loveable and wonderful, and are available at a fraction of the cost of Raymond!

he is absolutely not worth $300 - no villager is worth that much money imo lmaoo

Anyone who sells any type of in-game item for irl money is a conniving conman. Disgusting.

Raymond isn't even worth the price he typically is in Bells/NMTs - it's largely hype driven value. 😆 Give him a good bit of time, an Amiibo card, and an update adding another 10+ villagers and then we can see what the true value would actually be.

I get it, he's cute. But he's not worth irl cash or 1000 nmt. I prefer a lot of other cat villagers than Raymond ngl.

I wasn't expecting someone to sell him for that much.

We never know. Someone might just bite.

No a clump of pixels in the form of a cat is not worth that much good grief D:

Nope, not at all. I really like him, and I would love to have him, but I would never pay RLC for him... not even NMT 😅

Huge N-O for me! I would much rather find him myself then to pay a ridiculous amount of whatever currency they are charging nowadays. I can’t believe people would even consider buying him for real $$$.

I cant believe people are selling him for rl money and in that amount. lol he's cute but that's insane.

The fact that this is even a thing...

No. Just no. Nobody should be paying real life money for a villager. That's stupid and unnecessary. Just island hop for him. I found him in like 30 tickets accidentally once.

You can literally buy a whole switch for that price...

I wouldn't even spend a dollar on Raymond. If someone wants to pay hundreds of dollars for a villager, then that's their decision and I hope they're happy with it. However, I'd just island hop if I wanted a villager that much.

Well I suppose the answer to your question is" it depends if anyone paid that much for him.

I definitely wouldn't spend any of my money on a videogame character, but if someone's willing to pay that, then that's what he's worth to them.

Back