• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Is Raymond worth the price

Cafehrenbach

Bells
Is Raymond as good as he seems
06A1B6ED-27A6-4CB0-B7A7-8B0935EB2517.jpeg

Geez
I have him and he's cool, but I would never pay real money for him, I wouldn't even pay the prices some people ask for in NMT

Is Raymond as good as he seemsView attachment 281684

Is his house in its original appearance?

Is he?

I would want to know the answer to those questions before considering that purchase.

I also suggest keeping in mind that there may be an upcoming manufacturing and retail-selling set of amiibo cards for the new “New Horizons” islanders. There are eight. That isn’t many.

He’s cute but not worth breaking TOS over; no price makes breaking the TOS worth it in my opinion. I’d also rather spend that money on something else like paying off my student loans or a regular switch.

Not for even $1. No one should be selling/buying in game items for real world money. Might as well just get a hacked Raymond instead.

lmao "pre-owned"

but i have to agree with everyone above, paying rlc for in-game items is probably not cool (reasonable dlc is an exception, obviously)

No. No he's not worth any RLC, but then again I think no animal is worth selling for RLC, no matter how popular. The only exception are amiibo cards because of they move out by accident, you have the security to move them back in. But even then people charging more for 'popular' villagers, I don't agree with it.

Amiibo cards I understand because it's like a collection. But you would never catch me spending RLC on a game like NH, I've already paid however much it cost for the game, I refuse to buy villagers, bells or NMTs with RLC when you can just grind for it.

I just don't get it...He's just another villager, it's kinda crazy how rare people treat him to end up charging a price like that. Don't get me wrong though, I don't hate the fella, Raymond is chill with me. I just don't understand how the hype about him all started.

I have him. Found him on a mystery island. And honestly? He's not even my favorite villager. He is very similar to Eugene, who he replaced. I think he's cute and everything, but not worth 300 real human dollars.

As a side note, I'm now wondering if I can pay my bills by selling Raymond on Ebay (I'm joking...unless...?) 😂

That's crazy! Considering how 1000 nmt costs 15 bucks, he should only be worth like 10, maybe less (although paying rlc isn't allowed anyway)

I very much understand the demand, but not that price. I got my Raymond through the campsite method, and it's a much better way than having to pay that.

Is Raymond worth the price?
See, I don't think this is a question that anyone but yourself can answer. Every villager has different worth or value to every person. To me, Frita is the best, top tier villager, yet there are people who think she's ugly. I personally don't like Raymond (you couldn't pay me to have him live on my island 🤣). These people selling villagers like this do it because there's a demand. If someone thinks they're worth the price then they'll pay it.

I think you can find him cheaper on ebay. when I considered buying villagers there found all of them no more than $40
Post automatically merged:

unless he is lying just found a ebay seller for a mytery island found one for $10

Raymond is not worth any real money, same goes for all other villagers (although I guess it could be argued that buying an amiibo for villagers is basically buying the villager themselves but these are fun to collect). In terms of IGB, NMT or TBT, that depends on how much you like him really. If you really like him then yes it's worth it but if not and only want him because he's popular then that's kind of a waste of money.

Side note - idk why but I find it funny that these posts on websites selling him for real money say 'pre-owned/used' and 'free shipping' for Raymond 😂

Back