Is Raymond worth the price

I thought this was gonna be about how he can go for hundreds of nmt, but wow this is better! I mean look, it even says free shipping!! That is a good deal, actually.

Who is so crazy and spends so much money for a bunch of pixels if you can get a Switch Lite with a second copy of the game (= second island) for the same price? I mean, I kinda like Raymond, but I would never pay any RLC for him, especially not such ridiculous amounts like this one here.

Nope. He is just a rare reskin of any other Smug villager.

Personally, no! He’s cute, but I would rather get Olivia, Lolly, Stitches, Marshal (oh wait he’s popular too), or Mariana! He’s not worth the price in nmt either 🌿

I would say Raymond is not worth any amount of real life money. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like him, but his stans... they scare me. In fact, his hardcore fans scare me so bad that I don't want anything to do with Raymond. If I meet him while I go island hopping tomorrow, fine, I might take him (though Kabuki is best kitty) but I wouldn't go out of my way to look for him.
The fandom Raymond has, has ruined the villager for me.

tbh, I don’t think it’s crazy for people to buy Raymond or any favorite villager for irl money, when it’s <$20. People buy skins and mounts and purely aesthetic changes to other games for waaaaay more. Other than the obvious fact that it’s against the ToS, I don’t think buying Raymond off of Ebay is… that wrong in the wider scheme of things.
Obviously $300 is crazy, but I feel like all the “Raymond for $500!!” listings are kinda joke listings in the first place.

Back