• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Is anyone else bothered by the ridiculous entry fees

seikoshi

ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
7384-7280-7230
Tasty Cake
Zipper Sakura
Tasty Cake
Zipper Sakura
Tasty Cake
on god I go to turnip exchange to sell my turnips and people are asking for literally 1mil bells, gold tool diys and celeste diys. correct me if I'm wrong but it was never like this for new leaf and i cannot sell my turnips for a good price literally anywhere because I refuse to pay to sell a service that is apart of the game

I would watch the thread in this forum. Had a really nice person yesterday that only wanted 1 NMT, I have seen some that didn’t even want anything.

Community standard on most places is tipping 10% of your earnings which is reasonable, anything beyond that I'd say is ridiculous yes.
agreed, I can easily accept 1nmt or 99k bells, anything over that I can't comprehend

its ridiculous, i just want to sell my turnips not take all of ur items lmao

I always try and tip atleast 8%
but its kinda getting bad lol

On the forums it is much nicer for sure though, as I'm in the acnh discord I had 500 turnip prices and made my entry fee 5 nook tickets, a bit high but I thought would be fair considering my prices were 500+. I got 90 people in my dm's within 10 seconds of posting my message I had to delete it right away. It was crazy people were trying to give me everything to just sell in my town @_@

It honestly don't really mind people selling in my town but to have to manage that many people even with the turnip exchange I put I still had 50 people in line waiting. It takes so long to go through that because of the *someone is visiting* and everyone else has to pause because of it.

I get asking for a NMT to 99k bells, yeah. Honestly, I even understand fees up to 5NMT, especially if you're using turnip.exchange. Queues can fill to hundreds, in a matter of seconds, and letting that many people in is a hassle. I see a bunch of people on there asking for 10-20 tickets per trip though... What? Do people not know the value of NMTs or something? 10 tickets is... somewhere between 1 and 2mil bells depending on your rates, fluctuates between 100-200k rn. The absolute MOST profit you can make off turnips is a bit over 2mil, meaning those people are asking for 50%+ of your profits. Wild.

Turnip exchange originated on Reddit, and has... a lot of the hallmarks of that community, I feel like. Not to bash reddit or anything, but. Yeah. Yikes.

Saw someone asking for 10 NMT in turnip exchange... thought it was ridiculous but there were people queueing for it!

I get asking for a NMT to 99k bells, yeah. Honestly, I even understand fees up to 5NMT, especially if you're using turnip.exchange. Queues can fill to hundreds, in a matter of seconds, and letting that many people in is a hassle. I see a bunch of people on there asking for 10-20 tickets per trip though... What? Do people not know the value of NMTs or something? 10 tickets is... somewhere between 1 and 2mil bells depending on your rates, fluctuates between 100-200k rn. The absolute MOST profit you can make off turnips is a bit over 2mil, meaning those people are asking for 50%+ of your profits. Wild.

Turnip exchange originated on Reddit, and has... a lot of the hallmarks of that community, I feel like. Not to bash reddit or anything, but. Yeah. Yikes.

I can't understand asking for 50% of profits at all, it's basically just making the entire point of selling turnips null. and yeah turnip exchange definitely reeks of reddit.

I guess I'm the type of person who HAS done this sort of thing for free and always will.

Earlier I had people come in for diy's for free and said 'if you WANT you can drop wood or stone bc I'm running low but it's not required' and people were kind about it and some still tipped even though I made it clear that it was free.

I don't see the point in charging for things like this. To me, I get joy in knowing I've helped others. If they're respectful of my island and make sure to follow rules, I don't typically have any issues at all.

Admittedly it can get hectic and some people CAN act entitled but it's a few seconds to endure and besides that, I can kick them quickly if they get too out of hand ( which has luckily NEVER happened haha. )

I see so many ridiculously priced entry fees and it surprises me that people are willing to take advantage of situations like that? I mean, do what you want in your game but... I dunno, being kind and helpful matters a lot more to me than making a profit. Sorry for ranting but I just think it's messed up to overcharge for that.

The only scenario that I see it being acceptable is the one in which tons of people are coming and you're asking for a small price to make up for it, but yea... Yikes.

i agree, 10 NMTs for an entry fee just seems extortionate. what i usually do is scroll down to find islands selling at 300-400. queues are generally not in the hundreds (lol) and entry fees are much more reasonable. you will be copping the cut in your profit though.

Yeah definitely agree! It just seems kinda selfish to me? Like nobody should have to give up over half of there items in bells to sell turnips lol

Genuinely if ever I get a decent turnip price anyone is welcome for free. There’s plenty of ways to make money in this game legitimately without fleecing people for entry fees, same with flowers, I sprout and ungodly amount of flowers daily which people are welcome to for nothing, charging for excess normal flowers just seems wrong

How do people have so many NMTs? I'm seeing auctions in the neighbor network at 300+ O_O

that's 600k nook miles. jesus.

agreed, I can easily accept 1nmt or 99k bells, anything over that I can't comprehend

It is absolutely ridiculous, especially for the people whom sit there AFK anyways, not having to put in any effort.
Turnips hardly net more than a couple million usually anyways...

Sometimes, yes, so it's best to ignore and scroll past. I get entry fees in general because it's hard hosting so many ppl over, controlling dms, and all that but sometimes I do think it's a bit overboard. I do understand that people aren't very aware of the pricing of things which is why I just ignore them.

How do people have so many NMTs? I'm seeing auctions in the neighbor network at 300+ O_O

that's 600k nook miles. jesus.
People sell goodies or trade villagers for NMTS ^^

I can understand it if they'd want to weed out people asking to come to their town. not agree with it, but just understand

but that said, the basic rule applies that its only gotten as seemingly bad as it has because enough people tolerate these prices, thus allowing for more people to come in and do the same. just don't bother with these towns, even if it means taking a hit, and eventually they'll be forced to adapt or otherwise leave

I feel like the only way to really avoid the crazy entrance fees is by fostering a little community around yourself instead of participating in these huge groups. I mean, I guess it kind of makes me sad to say that... I didn't think AC players would try to take advantage of each other with these super high entrance fees. It's such a cute and relaxed game, I just didn't think it would attract these particular types of people.

The problem is, however, these people who are asking for millions of bells as an entrance fee... They wouldn't be asking that much if it didn't work. If they can get just 2 or 3 people to pay that crazy fee, they're up millions of bells for hardly any work.

Back