• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

I'm making an Animal Crossing Style Game

Are you interested in a free ACNL Based Game?

• I'm Interested

Votes: 51 78.5%
  • Naw.....

Votes: 14 21.5%

• Total voters
Dude! Awesome!

I'm in CS and I'm learning Python right now so I can be ready for a job that I want this summer. Also, kudos on the open source! Mind if I join you at all? Would you be open to setting up a github repo? I'll e-mail you!

Some ideas:

More furniture refurbishes
New kinds of clothes/shoes.
More species of villagers.
More types of museum displays/artwork.
More bugs/fossils/fish.

This is so rad! We teach entry-level 3D game design at my work but I don't teach that particular class yet. If you do get it finished make sure we get to beta :D

Hey guys,
It has been about a year since I have posted this. Since then, things have kind of gotten busy for me. I've decided to finally get a start on the project. I'm going to start by building an engine which will handle all the logic of the game and put graphics on afterwards. This is a huge project, but I'm hoping to have the engine ready and working before Summer 2017.

If people who volunteered initially are still interested, just private message me. I'm happy to have you!

Thanks for everyone's feature requests, as I am definitely going to be using a lot of them! Hopefully, this time around I get something built and put together!

Alex

Last edited:
I have a question, is it possible for me to suggest a character and a "minigame" that resembles the caf? from New Leaf?

If yes for the character, here he is: Photo on 8-3-16 at 10.52 AM #2.jpg Sorry if the image is too big.

If yes for caf? idea, here's what I'm thinking...

It's a small little restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. If you order from there enough times you can eventually be offered to work there. When you're working, depending on the time of day, you'll have to take the orders of different villagers and give them to the chef. Like in ACNL with the coffee, each villager has their own specific favorite meal to have for breakfast lunch and dinner. What those meal items are, I'm not sure. What I do know is that when taking the order, you'll have to select the main entree, the side, and the drink, and get them correct, like the caf?.

I apologize if my idea isn't explained clearly, as I said, it was just an idea.

I'd rather an original creation in the vein of animal crossing, and not something that is guaranteed to get taken down due to copyright

I could totally help you if you'd like! I'm working on a pokemon game of my own currently, and video game design and computer animation is actually what I'm studying in college. Pm me if you're interested:)

Last edited:
I'd honestly love to be updated on the progress of this project, and I'd definitely beta test for you as well :)

sounds super cool. would definitely help beta test, however i don't own a pc, so maybe that wouldn't be possible.

Wow I remember this; this was oldschool.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wow I remember this; this was oldschool. Surprised it's still being worked on!

Edit: I kinda skipped the last paragraph about copyrights, my bad.
good luck with this! I'd totally play an animal crossing style game hell yeah

Last edited:
Seems really interesting, so I would be totally down to play it. I hope you stick through with it and the final product turns out really great :)

Back