• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

How tall are you? Does your height bother you?

I'm 5 foot exact ya'll are all taller then me! :LOL: And everyone I'm around is like 6 foot plus so I'm tiny most of the time. At least I'm taller then my mom (it's her fault I'm so small).

I'm 5'1".... and 1/2 lol
When I was younger I hated being short, but as times goes by, I don't mind it (as much).
I hated shopping for jeans with a passion but I had to suck it up because I like wearing them, all my high school pictures of me with jeans have the bottoms all jumbled up. I have since, found ankle cut jeans (that are more widely available than petite) that actually fit like normal jeans should fit! ASOS and their petite section for dresses is a must, got my college grad dress from there and I never had a dress fit so well!
Back when most movie theaters didn't have reclining chairs, I was blessed by being able lift my legs up in the seat with me and be more comfortable. Being short has also helped me being ok with talking to strangers and asking for help (#noShame) when I can't reach something.

I do feel self-conscious about it from time to time, especially when you're surrounded by tall people. Some of you will never know the fear of going to a festival/club/bar/tight place with a lot of people (rip, we don't do that anymore covid) and just fearing getting an elbow or cigarette to the face. Or that existential crisis you get from feeling left out because everyone around you can see eye to eye and just kinda look over you when talking...

I’m 5”2 and ehhhhhh. It gets pretty awkward when I’m around people taller than 5”5/5”6. I have a friend that’s 5’7 and another online friend that is almost 6’0. (if we met I’d be tiny to them) and for context they’re a year older than me (17). I was projected to be 5’9 according to my growth charts when I was younger, but that changed as I stopped growing in fifth grade due to me going through puberty early (for context, specifically AFAB folx, they stop growing generally two years after they begin their first menstrual cycle. Thus, that meant I began mine at nine and a half)

I'm 5'7.5 and love it. I basically fit in almost all my boyfriend's clothes without it looking too baggy, which is a major plus in my book.

I'm a 21 year old guy and right now i'm only 5'4 😅 . I'm actually still growing (albeit slowly >.>) due to my condition, but it can definitely be annoying at times, especially when other people comment on it at my workplace. The comments like "are you allowed to work here, you like like your 12 hahaha" do annoy me slightly, but because i've heard them so many times now, i've kind of grown a thicker skin and they usually don't bother me too much anymore.

I'm 6'0"/182.88 cm. I'm not bothered by how tall I am. I'm kind of glad I'm not taller.

Last time I checked, I was 4'11. I'm a little bothered by it only because people always point it out, but I've learned to live with it a little more than I used to. I'm young, but still, I doubt I'll grow much more.

Last edited:
I'm only 4'11" and uh well it doesn't really bother me unless my boyfriend points out how I have to look up while talking to him or to someone lol I also really look young for my age so I get asked A LOT what my age is.

I'm 5"4' and I'm okay with my height. My husband is about 5"6' so it works for us :')

My sister, who is 12 years older than me, is exactly 5 feet tall, and is married to someone who is almost 7 feet tall! I couldn't imagine being in a relationship with a height gap so big.

I'm 5'5" which is perfectly average for a woman, so I can't really complain. Sure, I needed a ladder when stocking when I had that job, but it's safer to use those even if you're taller anyway. The best thing is that I don't stick out.

i'm 5'0! it doesn't really bother me but working with cameras this past year and not being tall enough to see through them on top of tripods was a bit... inconvenient 😅

I’m 5’9. For my age, I’m rather tall, so most people look up at me when I speak. . .

Im 5’3-5’4 and I think I’m fine with it. I had trouble reaching some stuff when I was working at a fast food restaurant but other than that, it’s not that much of an inconvenience in daily life. I think my perfect height is 5’5-5’7 though

Short. :)
I typically end up average as I wear a lot of platforms and heels, though I do commonly get mistaken as a teen as my face is still young.
Almost no complications.

5'2" and yes it bothers me. I can't reach my top kitchen cabinets without a stool. Grabbing the bars when I'm standing on the train or bus is hard. I'm just slightly too short for it to be semi comfortable. Before the pandemic, I would climb regularly and height can make certain moves harder or easier. Unfortunately, being shorter means I need work on strength and flexibility to make up my lack of height.

I'm about 5'5" and my doctor said my growth is slowing down, so I'm pretty content with that. 5'5" Isn't too tall or too short for me. I think it's average in the U.S. Just pulling up a chair or stool can help me reach high-shelf stuff, and I can constantly remind my mom how I passed her in height.

Back