• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Hourly Music Survey (Updated Data as of May 5th, 2021!)

Haha I love how much hate 3am gets. It's my favorite and that just makes me like it more.

Unfortunately I never play that late at night, at least I haven't since my island was deserted.

It’s like coriander, you either love it or hate it I feel like 😂 but each to their own ☺️

it’s the way that i’ve been saying the soundtrack is good for months now without having an opinion on the individual tracks💀. i haven’t really heard much of the rainy or snowy day versions but i’ve realized that, like in new leaf, the majority of my favourites are early-morning or late-night tracks (specifically 5am, 6am, 6pm, 7pm, 10pm, 11pm & 2am). as for my least favourites, i don’t have many but i’m not super fond of the 1pm, 8pm and 3am tracks c’:

Last edited:
I enjoy the early morning music from 5-7am most because it is most relaxing. The day music from like 9am to 8pm is way too happy and there is too much going on for me. After a couple of minutes it starts getting annoying for me. I feel like a lot of the New Leaf music was very calm and soothing or more gentle in general. Animal Crossing for me is a way to calm down and relax, but with New Horizon's music that's not as easy.

I really enjoyed taking this survey! So far I enjoy the music, I cannot imagine playing AC with the sound off. That being said, I still prefer the NL/CF music over it. The 11PM NL track just had something so beautiful, it is my favourite of all time. NH doesn't have anything that comes close to that.
My favourite ones are the 7AM/8AM ones. I remember in March/April when we were in lockdown I always woke up early for some reason and immediately started playing since I had nothing else to do. Even though life felt like there was nothing to look forward to at the time, the songs always made me happy and make me feel like it was going to be a good day. They're just so cheerful and nice to wake up to.

Hi everyone! This is a somewhat older thread I made, but I updated the first page's stats and would love to get more people's opinions on the hourly music tracks OR updated opinions from people who have already taken this survey. For convenience, you can take the survey here!

(Also I added a new bonus question!)

Last edited:
Hi everyone! This is a somewhat older thread I made, but I updated the first page's stats and would love to get more people's opinions on the hourly music tracks OR updated opinions from people who have already taken this survey. For convenience, you can take the survey here!

(Also I added a new bonus question!)

I'm not sure if the error was on my end, but starting at 12am, I couldn't play any more of the songs.

Sometimes I feel like the only person who can't stand the 5pm song 😬

Funny thing, I never really noticed the 2pm song until @Livia mentioned that she finds it unlistenable. Now it annoys me more, although I can usually at least tolerate it.

I think I already did this survey last year, but never commented, so here is a list of my top 3 favs and top 3 least liked tracks with explanations:
Love: 6pm, 12pm, 2am (in that order)​
6pm- pure perfection. sounds like the ending of a perfect day.​
12pm- adventurous and tropical vibes, perfect for my island's theme​
2am- very dreamy and beautiful​
Hate: 2pm, 3pm, 8pm (in that order)​
2pm- I don't think this needs an explanation considering most people don't like it either.​
3pm- as I like to say, there's only one thing worse than the 2pm music, and thats the 3pm music.​
8pm- this track makes me feel anxious like I'm being chased. idk.​
I generally love the rainy and snowy tracks, and I think I like NL and NH's soundtracks equally.

Bonus: my favorite track in NL is the 7am music, and my least favorite track is coincidentally the 7pm music.

I liked this kind of survey because all of the music is there for me to listen to and I don't have to go hunt it down. That was really convenient. Good job with making a really good survey build. I don't think I ever added to this survey. My least favorite are probably 2PM and 5PM. I think 2 PM is the least liked by the majority.

@JessieOfSeacowBay I don't like 5PM either. By itself, it'd be fine, but it just doesn't feel like it fits Animal Crossing's atmosphere. 2PM always reminds me of the opening theme of Home Movies.

I liked this kind of survey because all of the music is there for me to listen to and I don't have to go hunt it down. That was really convenient. Good job with making a really good survey build. I don't think I ever added to this survey. My least favorite are probably 2PM and 5PM. I think 2 PM is the least liked by the majority.

@JessieOfSeacowBay I don't like 5PM either. By itself, it'd be fine, but it just doesn't feel like it fits Animal Crossing's atmosphere. 2PM always reminds me of the opening theme of Home Movies.

Wow, you're totally right about the 2pm song!

I liked this kind of survey because all of the music is there for me to listen to and I don't have to go hunt it down. That was really convenient. Good job with making a really good survey build.

Thanks so much!!!

I have grown to like a lot of the songs more and more, but 8am and 5pm are just too upbeat for me for those times of day. I want 8am to be more of a just waking up vibe while 5pm I'd prefer to be a "finally I'm done working" vibe.

For me my favourites are 5am, 8am, 12pm, 5pm, 12am, 1am and 2am

The only track I would say I have anything against is 10pm because of the annoying rif at the end of it. It really grates on me after a few minutes.

Submitted. Will likely and hopefully dethrone 6pm from great ranking.
Post automatically merged:

you should listen to the 1pm-5pm soundtracks those are the best :^)

1pm is worse than 2pm,
2pm is terrible,
3pm is boring,
4pm is pretty ok,
5pm is amazing and has Elton John vibes

I just took the survey. So, here are my thoughts and opinions:

I like the songs from New Horizons because they are good. I see that most people detest 2pm, though I love the beat of this song. Other tracks that are my favorites are 5am, 6pm, 12am, and 2am. I don't know why, but the 1am track has a '50s feel in it. I like the soundtrack from NL and NH is second (I only played those two games at this moment). 🎶

Submitted. Will likely and hopefully dethrone 6pm from great ranking.

You can certainly try :devilish:. But actually, that track is one that has gone done a point in my rankings. Originally I loved it because it seemed to call back to old AC tracks with the accordion, but after hearing it so much, the loop is like...only a few seconds, so it gets repetitive very quickly.

I don't know why, but the 1am track has a '50s feel in it.

I feel that! It sounds very blues-y to me.

I went ahead and submitted my responses. A lot of my favorite tracks are the late night/early morning ones (coincidentally the ones I never end up hearing 😭)

I took the survey. I agree that including the songs themselves in the survey was very smart, made it really easy to hear the songs and consider my responses for each one.

Is 3AM really that unpopular? I think it's super charming, and possibly my favorite hourly song in the game. I've said it before elsewhere, but I get some really strong old-school Kazumi Totaka vibes from that song, something between the Mario Paint title screen theme and "Graveyard" from Super Mario Land 2. Even if he didn't compose it himself, someone was very clearly channeling his quirky energy for that one.

And I never play New Horizons with the sound off, except for between the hours of 2PM and 3PM, because the 2PM song is the stuff of nightmares. Coincidentally (or not?) 2PM was my most hated song in New Leaf as well, though that was due at least in part to the fact that the official Nintendo Dream Town in New Leaf was set to 2PM, and when I was grinding for the dreaming badge, I heard that song way too many times (yes, I could have muted my 3DS, but by the time it began to irritate me, it was too late).

FIRST PAGE HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH NEW STATS!

Some things I noticed...
  • 2am joins 5am in the Almost Perfect tier while 5am is almost at a 9.0 average rating!
  • Last time 13 tracks went up in rating and 10 went down. This time 14 tracks went up and 9 went down.
  • The overall average of the tracks increased from an average rating of 6.43 to 6.51.
    • Splitting things up a little.
      • Morning Tracks (5am-10am) Average Rating increased from 7.07 to 7.10
      • Afternoon Tracks (11am-4pm) Average Rating increased from 5.89 to 5.92
      • Evening Tracks (5pm-10pm) Average Rating increased from 6.41 to 6.43
      • Night Tracks (11pm-4am) Average Rating increased from 6.36 to 6.60
  • Also, I have added to the front page how many people have voted. Currently we are at 90 people.
  • Really interesting to see, for the most part, everything increased considering how critical many are of this game's soundtrack.

Thanks for voting everyone and hope to get some more soon! Remember, if you voted way back in 2020, vote again with your updated opinions!

I'm curious which hourly theme got the lowest amount of votes in total. Or has the lowest rating. You mentioned that 2am and 5am have the highest score, but unless I am bad at reading (and it's possible) I don't see one for the lowest score.

@kiwikenobi lol I wasn't sure if 2pm was the track I was thinking of, so I had to look it up online and sure enough I remembered it in my mind. Mostly because you said it was the track picked for most DA. Why was that lol? Just because Nintendo's was set to 2PM and most copied it?

I'm curious which hourly theme got the lowest amount of votes in total. Or has the lowest rating. You mentioned that 2am and 5am have the highest score, but unless I am bad at reading (and it's possible) I don't see one for the lowest score.

It's on the first post, but it's 2pm with an average rating of 4.51. Each time I update, this track keeps getting lower and lower.

Why was that lol? Just because Nintendo's was set to 2PM and most copied it?
It's been a few years since I did it, but I'm pretty sure it's because, if you didn't give Luna a dream address and let her pick one randomly, nine times out of ten (or maybe even ten times out of ten) you'd wind up in Nintendo's Dream Town, and the 2PM music would immediately start to play, and it was all echoey, because it was a dream, which didn't help it at all. And not entering an address is obviously faster than entering one, so when you're trying to spam dozens of visits, you end up visiting Nintendo's pretty much every time.

Back