• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Help me find out more about this item [Autographs – Illustration] + what’s your favorite item?

Do you have a favorite in-game item?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Xeleron

Bells
Green Candy
Green Candy
Green Candy
Green Candy
Green Candy
October Birthstone (Opal)
June Birthstone (Pearl)
August Birthstone (Peridot)
May Birthstone (Emerald)
Hello everybody, I’ve been trying to find out more about what I subjectively think is the best in-game item, the Autograph Cards – Illustration.
2020052910531700-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

I really enjoy watching anime so it really bothers me that I can’t find a lot of information on this item, so I was wondering if any of you knew more about it?
The only two characters that I can identify with no doubt are middle card as Totoro and the bottom right card as a character from Jojo.

My hunch for the rest is as follows:

Top left card is Tsubasa Oozora from Captain Tsubasa
9df02e72757a3936bce05c486f30879b.jpg

Bottom left card is Killua from Hunter X Hunter, or it could also be Bakugo from MHA but he’s never worn a turtleneck, that’s why I’m leaning more towards Killua
killua-zoldyck-2618.jpg
f4124a501e018a8df363d40cdf52b6bf.jpg

Top right is the hardest card to identify… that could be anybody… I was thinking it could be Maya Kitajima from Glass Mask except the bangs aren’t right, or Kotoko from Playful Kiss but that seems a bit random…. (Who the heck is she?)
c38c1cbd3e1a2115e677197350d660d1.jpg
tumblr_pvo2l8PIfv1vy2tgqo8_400.jpg

I would really appreciate any info on this! Even if you just have a hunch, I would like to know what you think!

Let me know if you have an all-time favorite item you just love having in the game and why (plus, I am really curios to know what it is!!!!)

Last edited:
i’m afraid i don’t have any info on that item but my personal favourites rn are the illuminated items and the mush lamp! the mush lamp customized to blue is so pretty🥺

Isn't the Dino from Google's easter egg game when you have a connection error, or am I crazy?

Also the pink haired girl looks crazy familiar, I'll have to ask my girlfriend's brother when he's up. He knows a lot more about anime than I do.

My favorite items are the villager photos! My heart always skips a beat when I unexpectedly get one from a villager, and keep them like trophies!

Edit: here's a pic of google dino. It's definitely the same.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20200528-015135_Google.jpg
    SmartSelect_20200528-015135_Google.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 13
haha, op. i love your enthusiasm. i absolutely agree the autograph cards are one of the most creative in game items. i adore all of the variations, tho i am most enamored with the handprints version!
to maybe answer your question - reddit says the following:
"Top right looks like Leiji Matsumoto's style! If anyone isn't sure who that is, look up the music video for One More Time by Daft Punk."
OR also
"My friends and I had guess that it could be Lin Min May from macross"

my favorite item is probably anything that can be interacted with in a unique way, since i thrive on the intersection of form and function - i love the atennas, the bamboo doll, throwback rocket as a closet lmfao, the duality of chairs as tables or as lights (thanks crescent moon!), etc. i am a bit frustrated with the lack of interactable furniture so far, so i hope we get some more cool stuff with future DLC ! 💪

That looks like Steve the Jumping Dinosaur on the autograph cards, and it also looks like a custom pattern to me.

My favorite items are the outdoor picnic set and the imperial dining table, because they have lots of yummy-looking food on them, and I love video game food. ^_^
EZFjeJqVAAAC8Md.jpg
5:18:20 Imperial Dining Table Food.jpg

(I also really like the coffee cup and cupcake!)

The top left looks like Cutie Honey to me. I don't want to link to the OP bc it's kind of risque but it's on Youtube. It's a classic but I can't stand it bc it's a fanservice anime

i’m afraid i don’t have any info on that item but my personal favourites rn are the illuminated items and the mush lamp! the mush lamp customized to blue is so pretty🥺
Yes! I love them, except I wouldn't know how to incorporate them into my town... unfortunately I I don't think they would look good :/ I do however have the Ancient statue (fake) and love how it illuminates at night when you interact with it!
Lava lamps are an integral part of the game for me, I whish I could make them bigger.
I agree, some items have really weird proportions (papa bear, I'm looking at you)
Isn't the Dino from Google's easter egg game when you have a connection error, or am I crazy?

Also the pink haired girl looks crazy familiar, I'll have to ask my girlfriend's brother when he's up. He knows a lot more about anime than I do.

My favorite items are the villager photos! My heart always skips a beat when I unexpectedly get one from a villager, and keep them like trophies!

Edit: here's a pic of google dino. It's definitely the same.
Yes, it is lol! I customized the cards with a custom design, I'll edit the post when I find the person I got the dino design from! Thank you! I would appreciate that!

Nice!!!! How many photos do you have? I've been trying to get my villagers to give me their photo for a while now... but... nothing... nada... zero .-.
bakugo? okay i need this NOW
To me it looks more like Killua, but at the same time the vibe I get from it is from Bakugo lol so I have no idea. Send me a dm and I can let you catalog it!
My fave items are the tiny library (fairy tale customisation) garden wagon (white) and mush lamps (red with spots)! Celeste items like the crescent moon chair and nova lights are also amazing 🌙✨
Fairy tale is my favorite one as well!!! I love going up to it and spinning it to see all the designs lol Awesome choices!
haha, op. i love your enthusiasm. i absolutely agree the autograph cards are one of the most creative in game items. i adore all of the variations, tho i am most enamored with the handprints version!
to maybe answer your question - reddit says the following:
"Top right looks like Leiji Matsumoto's style! If anyone isn't sure who that is, look up the music video for One More Time by Daft Punk."
OR also
"My friends and I had guess that it could be Lin Min May from macross"

my favorite item is probably anything that can be interacted with in a unique way, since i thrive on the intersection of form and function - i love the atennas, the bamboo doll, throwback rocket as a closet lmfao, the duality of chairs as tables or as lights (thanks crescent moon!), etc. i am a bit frustrated with the lack of interactable furniture so far, so i hope we get some more cool stuff with future DLC ! 💪
I was a bit thrown off by the handprint version! Not in a bad way, just surprised. Most items seem very "cute" so I wasn't expecting that lol
Great suggestions! After a quick search on Leiji Matsumo, I noticed that his art style seem a bit "dark"/"somber", I don't really get that from the card but who knows. I for sure do not think it's Lynn Minmay, she seems to have iconic ringlets that are missing, but I do see the resemblance... like with almost every other female character .-.

Honestly, that's why a friend on mine loves the plant + fan combo, she loves seeing the leaves move with the wind!
That looks like Steve the Jumping Dinosaur on the autograph cards, and it also looks like a custom pattern to me.

My favorite items are the outdoor picnic set and the imperial dining table, because they have lots of yummy-looking food on them, and I love video game food. ^_^
(I also really like the coffee cup and cupcake!)
It is lol I'll edit the post once I find who I got the pattern from!
HOW DID I NOT KNOW THERE WAS A CUPCAKE!!! I like the cupcake way more than the birthday cakes <3
The top left looks like Cutie Honey to me. I don't want to link to the OP bc it's kind of risque but it's on Youtube. It's a classic but I can't stand it bc it's a fanservice anime
It's that iconic hair! I'm with you, it's the same reason I have a love/hate for High school of the dead.. only show I've ever seen that acknowledges zombies are decaying bodies and have a "life expectancy" even though they're technically living dead.

Not really an item, but a set, which was the pirate set. It's not in New Horizons. :(

HOW DID I NOT KNOW THERE WAS A CUPCAKE!!! I like the cupcake way more than the birthday cakes <3
It's a birthday cupcake in my screenshot. I guess when it's your birthday, you get some to pass out to people. I got mine from a friend. My birthday was three days before New Horizons came out, so I basically have to wait a whole year before I get any of my own. ^o^;>

For the autograph cards, the top left reminds me a lot of Terra E, the silhouette is almost exactly the same as this picture for example:
1590698564376.png

Top right seems just heavily reminiscent of shoujo manga from the 70s/80s? i.e. this type of artstyle
1590698657837.png
1590698720115.png

bottom left looks like killua I agree, and bottom middle reminds me of totoro or moomin.

I'm not sure if bottom right is a jojo reference, the style reminds me more of fist of the north star/hokuto no ken tbh
1590698851686.png

I honestly don't think any of the illustrations are supposed to be actual characters, more like heavily referencing iconic artstyles/eras of manga/anime if that makes sense? i.e. 70s/80s shoujo, ghibli, 90s shounen, etc.

my fav item in game so far is prob the entire mom's item set haha.. theyre so cute!! I esp love all the plushies, embroidery, and art!

Last edited:
I love the mom's cakes and the way you can customize them, the birthday cake, the imperial dining table and the outdoor picnic set.
Basically, all the food items! lol...

As for the autograph cards; I have them too and love them but I am wondering if they are just made ambiguous on purpose and don't actually represent any concrete anime/manga. I'm assuming AC would need to obtain rights to these if they were to actually use them in the game.

by item you probably meant furniture item but I swear I don't have a single outfit that doesn't have octagonal glasses in it lol
for furniture items though, it's a tie between galaxy flooring and sherb's photo of course (also every single celeste item)

also wow, had no idea about the anime references. how is the attention to detail in this game just so mwah. I particularly love the bottom middle one

I really love the flower furniture diy items and shell diys. I just wish the flower furniture had more color options when you customize them, it would be cool if for each one you could pick any of the flower/hybrid colors. Other than that there are a ton of little items I really like. The furniture in this game still feels somewhat lacking compared to earlier versions but there are still a lot of little gems!

I'm not sure if bottom right is a jojo reference, the style reminds me more of fist of the north star/hokuto no ken tbh
I was about to comment this as well! I definitely think that bottom right character resembles kenshiro more than any jojo character

Also I had no idea this was a variation of the autograph cards! I have a different version of it but I definitely gotta get my hands on this version!

Not really an item, but a set, which was the pirate set. It's not in New Horizons. :(
I feel like a pirate set/theme would be much better than some of the "trash" style houses some villager live in TT.TT
It's a birthday cupcake in my screenshot. I guess when it's your birthday, you get some to pass out to people. I got mine from a friend. My birthday was three days before New Horizons came out, so I basically have to wait a whole year before I get any of my own. ^o^;>
Oh... that makes a lot of sense! Good thing mine hasn't come up yet! Glad you were able to get one before next year : )
For the autograph cards, the top left reminds me a lot of Terra E, the silhouette is almost exactly the same as this picture for example:

Top right seems just heavily reminiscent of shoujo manga from the 70s/80s? i.e. this type of artstyle

bottom left looks like killua I agree, and bottom middle reminds me of totoro or moomin.

I honestly don't think any of the illustrations are supposed to be actual characters, more like heavily referencing iconic artstyles/eras of manga/anime if that makes sense? i.e. 70s/80s shoujo, ghibli, 90s shounen, etc.

my fav item in game so far is prob the entire mom's item set haha.. theyre so cute!! I esp love all the plushies, embroidery, and art!
It's those hairstyles I swear lol
josuke-rage-manga.png
tumblr_p0zwbnjzxb1rov8uxo1_400.png

Those are the images I'm basing the whole Jojo speculation, I think having the pompadour is a must, but you could be entirely right.
My biggest "concern" is that the pictures have signatures and a few look incredibly detailed to be fake so that's why I'm not thinking genera/eras is the right way to think about it. I can see styles such as X author is known by this style or character... but it's pure speculation on my part.

Love the plushies as well!
I love the mom's cakes and the way you can customize them, the birthday cake, the imperial dining table and the outdoor picnic set.
Basically, all the food items! lol...

As for the autograph cards; I have them too and love them but I am wondering if they are just made ambiguous on purpose and don't actually represent any concrete anime/manga. I'm assuming AC would need to obtain rights to these if they were to actually use them in the game.
I just wish we had more variety of food or that we could "store"/display food items inside furniture.
It could be! But I still think they're based off the originals. I hadn't thought about the rights, but if they commissioned or asked the original artists, it could explain the signatures.
by item you probably meant furniture item but I swear I don't have a single outfit that doesn't have octagonal glasses in it lol
for furniture items though, it's a tie between galaxy flooring and sherb's photo of course (also every single celeste item)

also wow, had no idea about the anime references. how is the attention to detail in this game just so mwah. I particularly love the bottom middle one
My favorite clothing has to be the Imitation Cow Skull, reminds me of Cubone from Pokémon lol Photos have to be one of the grates items as well!
I really love the flower furniture diy items and shell diys. I just wish the flower furniture had more color options when you customize them, it would be cool if for each one you could pick any of the flower/hybrid colors. Other than that there are a ton of little items I really like. The furniture in this game still feels somewhat lacking compared to earlier versions but there are still a lot of little gems!
I agree 100% I wanted my Mum Cushions to be green....
I was about to comment this as well! I definitely think that bottom right character resembles kenshiro more than any jojo character

Also I had no idea this was a variation of the autograph cards! I have a different version of it but I definitely gotta get my hands on this version!
Check my reply to 'nammie' for my Jojo reasoning!
If you want I can let you catalog the item, just send me a dm.

Check my reply to 'nammie' for my Jojo reasoning!
If you want I can let you catalog the item, just send me a dm.
The pomp is Josuke-ish and if anything that character could resemble early manga Josuke but I guess the style looks super Fist of the North Star for me tho maybe its FOTS AU Josuke 🤔

If u have the time Id appreciate it 🥺 if theres anything youd like in return lmk!

Back