• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Has the maximum number of villagers been confirmed?

Relly

Princess Kyra
Bells
Has it been confirmed as 10 or will it be more? I'm kinda disappointed someone said it was ten I thought we'd be allowed to have more this time :/

According to a shady leak that is very potentially fake, it's 12. Besides that, we just don't know yet, I'm dying to know too~. Someone in my thread about the villager cap proposed a villager + neighbour cap of 20, so you can have 12 villagers if you have 8 humans, or 19 villagers if you have 1 human. Honestly, that sounds totally ideal. Not forgetting that you can choose if, when, and where someone moves in.

Last edited:
I guess its not long now until we find out but still! I sure hope its more than 10 though

I'm hoping it's more than 10 as well. I've seen people say they don't want more than 10 because they don't want to deal with the maintenance of having more villagers, but that doesn't mean they have to be programmed to move in and out all the time like they were in New Leaf. It'd be nice to have villagers be more stable and have more variety in town.

idk why some people wouldnt want more villagers, but to each their own! for me, the villagers basicallY MAKE the game so having the more, is literally the merrier imo. they are what make the games super enjoyable and fun, and having 10 in new leaf was okay, but i certainly would have wanted more. it's not hard to manage them unless you barely have time to play but then again that doesn't mean it shouldnt have more villagers bc of someone's lack of time either, ya know? i think in NL it was appropriate bc it was small map. 10 fit well so that's it yknow, but this map looks huge with sooo much opened space and if can have 8 people or 8 homes, that's more than enough for over 10 villager sooo i'm definitely expecting more than 10 for sure

If you trust the French guy who managed to get his hands on a leaked download of the game, it’s a maximum of 12

I want to trust the French man :( 2 extra villagers would be incredible, I'm already struggling with who I want on my island because there's not enough space ahhhh

I hope the cap is higher than 10 as well. Maybe for people who want to keep that amount lower, it would be nice if you could maybe tell Isabelle you want a lower cap? I'm not planning on having 8 characters on the island, so 10 would feel quite underwhelming. Happy that npc's appearently will be roaming the island, thats atleast something.

I would love to have 12 and also have some more control over who moves in and out of my town. I also hope it's more clear this time who is planning on moving out as running after villagers in New Leaf for potential "pings" was a bit stressful and I was always worried that some of my favorites might move out.

There is literally no reason we can't have 15 like the GameCube days, but I'm not holding out for anything other than 10. Heck, I would be happy with 12 even.

I’m holding onto hope that it’ll be 12, but I’m just not convinced.

Two extra villagers though...Man, I’d love to have one of each personality plus an extra Peppy, Lazy, Normal, and Cranky or Smug!

the pastebin leak mentioned a villager cap of 12 but it’s still up in the air whether or not any of it was true so i guess we’ll find out for sure next week lol

idk why some people wouldnt want more villagers, but to each their own! for me, the villagers basicallY MAKE the game so having the more, is literally the merrier imo. they are what make the games super enjoyable and fun, and having 10 in new leaf was okay, but i certainly would have wanted more. it's not hard to manage them unless you barely have time to play but then again that doesn't mean it shouldnt have more villagers bc of someone's lack of time either, ya know? i think in NL it was appropriate bc it was small map. 10 fit well so that's it yknow, but this map looks huge with sooo much opened space and if can have 8 people or 8 homes, that's more than enough for over 10 villager sooo i'm definitely expecting more than 10 for sure

I agree, I personally only want a handful of villagers (around 6) now that we won't get random villagers moving in which is nice. But I say we raise it for the people that want a lot, it wouldn't hurt.

I agree, I personally only want a handful of villagers (around 6) now that we won't get random villagers moving in which is nice. But I say we raise it for the people that want a lot, it wouldn't hurt.
Where did it say that villager move-ins won't be random anymore (unless it's done through amino cards, that is)?

Where did it say that villager move-ins won't be random anymore (unless it's done through amino cards, that is)?

I believe it is said in the direct. Don't quote me on it.

Last edited:

I think they mean the placement of the houses won't be random. For the villagers, I still think they'll be random but it was implied in the direct that you get to choose out of a certain amount of candidates? There was a part where Nook says there are potential candidates that want to move into Ninten or something like that.

So two separate leaks claim its 12 villagers now. And with 8 players added, that rounds everything to a nice 20 in total. If there were 15 villagers like in GCN, it would give us a weird 23 total number. Plus the quick travel feature on the map menu seems to imply they will be an even number total based on the way they are divided into columns.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/554735804904374272/688236265501753366/image0.jpg

Things are looking good for 12 villagers this game.

Last edited:
It also looks like you can control the population based on the direct video. He apparently goes to you when people want to move in.

Back