• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Does you island representative looks like you?

In a way?
Ive got blue eyes and brown hair but that's really the only thing the same
I don't wear a low pony tail irl and I don't cosplay as Jotaro ;P

My resident rep looks like me pretty much. Same hair color and style (I looked up some designs for bangs to match mine), a little different on the eye color since the brown eyes in game are pretty light but I have dark brown eyes and yea, same skin color.

Completely! I was sooooo happy that they added the long, wavy hair in this game because it matches mine so well. She even dresses just like me most of the time. I tracked down NASA and band tshirts, Teddy Fresh hoodies, floral dresses, etc that match what I have irl. I'm embarrassing.

Heavily stylised but close enough, I suppose - I posted a picture of myself in a Discord server recently and I got a lot of "You look how I expected you to look" comments.

I think my character looks like me, I mean the mouth is different and have different hair but the same colour, like we kinda look the same 😂 close as I could get it 😂

I think so! Not exact by any means, but close enough (as close as a video game character can get, anyway) lol

Partially!
I kept the hair length and skin color close to mine (shoulder-length hair with warm beige skin), but all else is different. I like identifying to my in-game character in a way, but I always feel uncomfortable seeing myself be very identical to my player.
A characteristic my player has that I also have is hating pants. I don't have any outfit of hers that uses pants, unless needed for a formal event LOL.

Nope, not at all. My character is never based of me, it's basically a OC I use to play with in that moment.

I tried to make it look a bit like me, I’m sure there’s tweaks I could make to get it closer to being exact but I’m fine the way it is now.

I suppose to the best it can be. Definitely not the easiest thing to do with the options that are given, but the clothes are sporty and that's something similar to what I would wear.

Yes my villager rep looks like me. She has the hairstyle I have (short/curly) and the closest eyes I could find. She's probably a shade darker in the game because I've been living as a vampire at home these past couple months... but I figured I'd make a tanner character since I'm living on an island. Although I'll dress my rep in cute clothes and dresses but I'm nothing like that IRL.

Last edited:
Nah I've never tried to make it look like me. Just characters I like sometimes and that's kinda it.

Not really. I always go for black hair/blue or gray eyes in most games and I've got light brown hair/blue eyes IRL. I'm not really fussed about the island rep being me. I just go for what I think looks nice.

Back