• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Does it bother you if villagers' houses aren't where you want them to be?

MayorTian

Bells
Blue Candy
For example, you wanted that villager to be close to your house, but it's all the way over the other side of the town - does that bother you, or do you leave it?

Oh my gosh, it bothers me so much! That's why I am eternally grateful for amiibo cards, because you can scan them in and know when to expect them so that you can cover the ground with QR codes and place them perfectly! In Astoria, I made a little "neighborhood" in the lower half of my town. All my residents live there and I find it really nice and organized.

i plot reset so i don't really have this problem anymore, but i don't usually get angry at villagers for moving into random places- it's not their fault?? it's just the game mechanic?? and even if they destroy certain areas of town, i can always redecorate around their house if i plan to keep them :)

i guess i like to keep a positive mindset when i play and tend not to get bothered/upset over setbacks

No, or at least it doesn't bother me for a very long time. Like, for example, after Phil moved out, I started planting fruit trees and flowers where his house used to be, since he left a really big, ugly mud patch where his house was. I went about three or four days trying to repair the grass, and then Winnie moved onto that plot and destroyed all of the flowers and trees in that area! I wasn't really bothered by it after that initial shock, since they were just non-hybrids and pear trees (native fruit) and Winnie turned out to be a cool villager. I feel like, if a villager I wouldn't like much moves in on top of my already existing trees, I'd probably throw a fit over that though

Sometimes. If I don't feel like doing any plot resting or don't have a good place to put them I just let them move wherever. But when I know either A) Ah crap this animal is gonna move and I have multiple spots where I don't wan them to go. Or B) Oh I have the perfect spot for their home. Then I plot reset.

It doesn't really bother me really. Just as long as they place their house somewhere where its suitable and not in the middle of pathways or the land where I plan to use for pwps. But when I wasn't plotting patterns everywhere, most of the places where my villagers live are very good and don't cause a problem.
In my other copy town, I do want them to be in a row or something, something neat so I can work better with the layout.

It bothers me SO much. I have one villager that moved out by accident and when I used the amiibo to get her back I just could not get her back in the old spot. It still annoys me when I look at the map.

I don't care of where a villager's house is placed corresponding where I want them to be. If they want it there, they can be there.

I wasn't bothered at all since I am quite flexible with my town currently (still more or less at the start, so I still got many open spaces that can be anything, from house area to nature grounds)...
Until Sydney decided to move not only right in front of my house, but also destroying half my rose field and the area where I wanted to create a relaxation spot with benches.
So I currently pelt her with the net everytime I see her and otherwise ignore her, hoping she packs her stuff and leaves so I can quickly block that area with a bench and get someone who chooses a better spot.

Sometimes I wish Pietro could be in Bob's old spot - there is room for just exactly 1 house on the left side of mine because I put my house in such an isolated spot, and for awhile it seemed cool to have a villager there. But then I decided it was actually kind of lame because I never saw Bob anywhere in the town except down by my house lol so ultimately I guess it's better that Pietro is way on the other side of the map. At least he gets to socialize. :p

If I had their amiibo cards I wouldn't mind bc it's so simple ! but I spend hours planning where who's house is going where it's so tiring and if I somehow mess up the stress of having to kick them out without their amiibo card and cycling 7 villagers? agggh the pain.

Yes and no. I tend to more be focused on developing the landscape of my town, so as long as villagers don't move into spaces I'd planed for pwps or greenery, I don't really care we're they plot.

Yes very much. I just had two villagers move out so I was expecting a random move in any day now. I made a new character to plot reset but didn't find a plot anywhere so I figured I was safe for the day. Well then I loaded up my mayor and Amelia put her house just slightly to the right of where I wanted, killing some blue roses trees and taking up my path I'm trying to make out of dirt. Soo frustrating! I'll have her out asap today.

Nope. I was going to have “set” places for twilight until it was just too stressful. With midnight and Cocona I let them plot wherever and then accommodated to their house plots. Which I honestly don’t care. It’s better that way since I hate being frustrated and stressed out. ACNL is a stress reliever for me so it would be pointless for me to play if I’m going to be stressing over things like that XD but that’s just me :)

Nope. I was going to have “set” places for twilight until it was just too stressful. With midnight and Cocona I let them plot wherever and then accommodated to their house plots. Which I honestly don’t care. It’s better that way since I hate being frustrated and stressed out. ACNL is a stress reliever for me so it would be pointless for me to play if I’m going to be stressing over things like that XD but that’s just me :)

I wish I was more like you... :)

No, i place my Villagers where i want.

Back