• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Does gender matter to you?

I don’t care about gender but I like a lot of the normal villagers but I find the normal villagers personalities abit boring cos all they do is inspect flowers or read a book maybe it’s just me.

I don't really care much about gender. I'm more about the design but I what I don't like is having more of one gender than the other. My towns in new leaf were balanced but my island I only have 3 females :/

It's not surprising that more females like Raymond and Marshal. I think there's only one male player that has both and seems to really love them. I recently found out yesterday that Zack Scott @ yt has Marshal and said he was keeping the little dude.

That is interesting. I had Marshal 3 times in New Leaf and gave him away. While I find his design cooler than Blaire who is also a squirrel but just a common brown squirrel, there was no way I was keeping Marshal over Blaire. I just find female voice so much pleasing in general.

I feel like this thread could get real political real fast. Lmao

Personally i want 1 of each personality type. Meaning, I will have at least 4 males and 4 females on my island.
The extra 2 spots?
I like two of the smugs (Raymond & Julian) so there goes one of them.
The other open spot I am thinking I will just have as a "cycle plot." Just rotate villagers here n there. Help people get dreamies. That sort of thing.

I don’t care about gender but I like a lot of the normal villagers but I find the normal villagers personalities abit boring cos all they do is inspect flowers or read a book maybe it’s just me.

Nope it not just you, well its me also. I got Skye (dreamie) today via campsite and I'm so excited, I hope she can change my opinion about normal cause I currently have Marina and Celia and I honestly don't ever want to talk to them ever again. They bore me so much. I don't like books for example and they always constantly ask me to choose a book for them...and I'm like...hun...I just don't care!

Also Marina said some mean things to Graham last night about how watching movies is boring compare to book reading. She getting the boot! Like her reaction is so mean. Poor smuggy Graham.

I miss WW normal personality.
Post automatically merged:

I feel like this thread could get real political real fast. Lmao

Personally i want 1 of each personality type. Meaning, I will have at least 4 males and 4 females on my island.
The extra 2 spots?
I like two of the smugs (Raymond & Julian) so there goes one of them.
The other open spot I am thinking I will just have as a "cycle plot." Just rotate villagers here n there. Help people get dreamies. That sort of thing.

That nice of you. I have some male dreamie but they are like only tier 2 (outside of Beau). I wonder if I might change somewhat once I get my first male dreamy? I don't even know if Beau count as a male!

NoOOOOoo what happen to Lobo? You know what disappointing about personality? Its gender-lock. I would love to have a female lazy I can chill with, watch the bees pollinate the flowers and smell the roses together.

It has been a month on this deserted island. Food is scarce. We drew straws and... he lost.

It would be great if personalities weren't gender-locked. I find several of the female ones a little irritating.

I do tend to have more females in my town than males. Then again, I don't have very many close female friends either. It is interesting to think about.

I have noticed that I tend to gravitate towards the males that are relatively unpopular. I think that is interesting.

Not gender per se, but I tend to strongly prefer the female personality types, so I usually only have four males in my town (one each of cranky, jock, lazy, and smug), and then six females. I would have a 3:7 ratio if I could, because I don't care for the smug types. But then I'd miss out on a lot of dialog.

If they had normal, peppy, or older brother/uchi males, I would probably have a much more even gender balance!

Then again, I think the female villagers are often more appealing visually (cuter, cooler, etc.), so maybe I'd still have slightly more females even if they did make personality independent of gender.

I really wish they'd make better-looking male villagers and give them a wider variety of personalities!

I don't pay attention to genders. My focus is on having one of each personality type so I can have more varied dialogue. Since personalities are gender locked, I believe I'm pretty much all set to have a variety of genders anyways.

I balance out my dreamies to include at least 1 of each personality, but I care more about species than I do about gender.
I'm an alligator hoarder.

gender doesn’t matter to me. their design and any interaction i’ve had with them is what matters to me the most, regardless of which personality or gender they are

I think the deciding factor for me is their design. It just so happens most of my favourite designs are smug/cranky, therefore they're all dudes :'')

I don't care for their designs much and swapping genders wouldn't change that. They're nothing more than moneybags to me if I end up with them. I choose my villagers on design and personality. I can't explain to you what my criteria for cool or cute is, but I just pick the ones who land in the right zone between those two areas. I tend to avoid Lazies and Jocks, though there are exceptions.

I'd really rather have a more balanced island in terms of personality than I care about gender. Though a lot of my favorites in terms of appearance tend to be normal or peppy. Because of this, my village will probably consist of four male and six female.

Although my plans may ultimately change. My "ideal villagers" list is somewhat fluid.

I don't really care about gender. If I like the character then I like the character! Raymond and Marshal could be girls and I'd still love them, Lolly could be a dude and I'd still stan!

Gender? Don’t know her
That aside I usually prefer having a mix on my island. My favs are also about split

I don't mean to be horrible or anything but I'm pretty sure OP is the first person in the universe to take note of the gender of their villagers
if you want more varied dialogue you're gonna have to get a mix of both genders man. other than that the villager's gender is none of my business lmao

I don't care about their gender but I do prefer the male personalities so most of my dreamies are male but I always try to have an even amount of male and female villagers in my towns/island.

I don't care about their gender but I do prefer the male personalities so most of my dreamies are male but I always try to have an even amount of male and female villagers in my towns/island.

Oh interesting, who are all your male dreamy?
Post automatically merged:

I don't care for their designs much and swapping genders wouldn't change that. They're nothing more than moneybags to me if I end up with them. I choose my villagers on design and personality. I can't explain to you what my criteria for cool or cute is, but I just pick the ones who land in the right zone between those two areas. I tend to avoid Lazies and Jocks, though there are exceptions.

So who are your dreamy? You must have dreamy?

Gender doesn’t matter to me. Only aesthetic. I like Kyle, Eugene, Muffy and Cherry. All on the more darker or gritty side of villager designs.

Back