• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Do you play in 3D or in 2D?

I mostly play with 3D off, but my finger will occasionally slide to turn it on, so I just play like that for a whole because I'm too lazy to turn it back off.

I use 2D, and never use the 3D as it wastes more battery, especially if I'm on the go somewhere (I like to bring my 3DS to school)

Turns on 3d for a first time.
Me: Thats going to be awesome, I just hope that its going to looks as good as they said it will.
My 3ds: Ha ha, nope!
So no, I dont use 3d effect that often, it just hurts my eyes so bad, that I just can't.
It looks cool, when its snowing. :D But otherwise I use 2D.

3D a lot more now. Except I keep it off when my daughter is climbing on me or wanting to watch me play

2D. As others have said, 3D gives me eyestrain or a headache. But for the effects of blossoms, snowflakes, and sometimes nice shots I use the 3D. It's nice to have the option, but normal play I almost always use 2D.

I always play in 2D, and I cannot use the 3D even if I wanted to due to sight problems in one of my eyes (I have a 3DS XL).

I quite honestly can't play in 3D even if I wanted to, but ACNL looks so gorgeous in 2D that I don't feel like I'm missing out on much.

(I have astigmatism in my left eye, so I can't see the sort of 3D image that the system creates.)

I play on the lowest 3d setting where it basically looks 2d cx I just tend to move a lot when playing so the 3d gets out of focus a lot and I get headaches easily so that doesn't help.

Last edited:
I never play in 3d. Always 2d for me. Sometimes I turn it on for fun but I end up disabling it because it gives me a headache.

Like the majority, 2D. I can't play in 3D because I have a slight astigmatism in my left eye so even if I wanted to, it hurts too much & I can't even make out the 3D. Even with my glasses on I have the same issue. I can only make out the 3D when it's down extremely low, but even then, I'd just rather save myself from the trouble & play in 2D.

Last edited:
Back