• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Do you go on boat tours?

Do you go on boat tours?

• Never

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Rarely

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 32 34.4%
  • Often

Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Daily

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters
I don’t really play NH anymore, but when I did, I always went on my daily boat tour. I mostly went for the daily gyroid frag, but I also liked getting glowing moss/vines, seasonal materials and star frags when I got to go to their respective islands! Star frag island was especially a treat for me. 🌟 The bonus DIY bottle was cool as well when I was still missing a few DIYs.

I think the boat tours were a really cute idea. I love the surprise of not knowing what island I’ll end up on until I get there, and Kapp’n’s little songs on the way to-and-back are so silly and fun! If I ever start playing again, I’m not sure I’ll be going on anymore boat tours now that I have almost all of the gyroids, all of the DIYs and I’m not short on any materials, but they’re still fun!

I think I went on some (or just one) when it first was released but I haven’t gone on any since. I rather use the nook miles on the tickets since I still go island hopping for villagers.

Well I just started the game a month ago so yes for sure! I wish I hadn’t ignored the tours for as long as I did since I’m definitely hoping to land on some unique mystery islands for materials. I’m not villager hunting and I kind of prefer the boat tours, they just feel more chill.

Not really, I did daily when the 2.0 update came out, to collect gyroids and get the Nook Miles goals, but now I have most of the gyroids I don’t really bother, especially having to pay Nook Miles to go. I forget you can get seasonal recipes if you land on an island in a specific season though so I ought to go more often - I need those cherry blossom recipes! 😂

I’ll do the boat tours sometimes, especially when trying to get the book miles achievement. After that I’ll do it whenever I feel like it. I agree the 1,000 NM price is a little high, but later on it’s not too bad bc I find myself saving up NM easily “late game”

I've got plenty of DIY materials and all the recipes at this point, so there's no real need to do them. I still need to complete the 50 trips for the Nook Miles goal, however, so I'll probably get around to doing that then be done.

i usually go trying to get the rarer islands, but it's nice getting a new supply of vines and moss if i do go. i only recently started going lots in order to get the star fragment island

I rarely go on boat tours, I used to more often when I was collecting DIYs but now that I have them all I don't really have a reason to go. If I ever go nowadays its to collect materials.

I rarely go on boat tours, I used to more often when I was collecting DIYs but now that I have them all I don't really have a reason to go. If I ever go nowadays its to collect materials.
If you come across any DYIs I’ll be happy to buy them off you or trade you

I don't really play New Horizons that much these days as my interest tends to be elsewhere and I usually only pick the game back up when events here on the forums require it. That said, whenever I am back into the cycle of playing New Horizons for a while, I do occasionally take boat tours to see where I might end up and just to gather up some more crafting materials. I appreciate that Kapp'n can take you to islands in different seasons so you can collect things like maple leaves, acorns, cherry blossoms, etc.

As it pertains to the options on the poll, I'd put it at a Sometimes, maybe in the low Often range. It's not something that I necessarily do daily in my play sessions, but I wouldn't call it rare either.

I go on boat tours when I want to replenish my hoard of materials or I want to collect a recipe or a gyroid fragment. However, I only go when I feel like I need to go since it takes time to go to a mystery island and go back. Plus, I can only go on one per day, so there's that.

Back