• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Do you collect AC Amiibo cards?

Do you collect AC Amiibo cards? (you can pick up to 2 answers)

• The entire series, or working to it

• Bought some packs or favorite cards occasionally

• A few cards

• None

• English cards only

• Japanese cards only

• Mix of English & Japanese cards

Results are only viewable after voting.

DarthGohan1

TBT Old Timer
Retired Staff
Bells
Chocolate Cake
Wallopoid
Wallopoid
Pavé
Cake
5 Envelopes
Mailbox
Curious to see how TBT collects Animal Crossing amiibo, reply with how you collect, why you do or don't collect, or however else you feel about collecting the amiibo cards.

I went overboard and bought/traded all 4 series, all RV cards, and the Sanrio cards. When series 5 was announced, I didn't bother with it since the majority of the cards were repeats. I've already spent way too much money on them as is lol. I probably shouldn't have bothered collecting the "ugly" villagers since I'm never going to use them. Oh well, it's nice to have the complete set (asides from series 5).

I've bought a handful of regular series cards to move certain villagers into my towns and some RV cards that I wanted for specific furniture items. They all happen to be English cards because that's what was available to me but I wouldn't have been opposed to Japanese cards at all.

I never really cared to collect the entire series. I collect enough things, so I was content to just get the cards I had a use for and leave it at that.

I have all the sanrio cards (one card is japanese), a good amount of the Welcome Amiibo series, and quite a few of the main series. I really want to get a lot more of the main series, so every time I go to Target from now on I'll probably grab 2 or 3 packs 😁

not got any cards. i wanted an NFC reader + amiibo cards at some stage to get some dreamies but that's passed.

I have a complete set minus the Welcome Amiibo cards. One day I'll finish my WA cards when they restock it!

i do! i haven’t purchased any packs in a while as i’ve been saving my money for other things + i can’t remember the last time canada got a restock haha, but i’m a casual collector. i’m not in any rush to complete my collection, nor am i sure i’ll even do it 😅 series 3 and 5 are my biggest collections, though neither are complete. i’m only interested in the english versions of the cards, and i enjoy collecting the npc cards more than the villager ones — i do have the cards of a few of my favourite villagers though, which is nice!

i missed out on the amiibo hype when i still played new leaf, so i’m really happy i got to start collecting and obtaining cards for new horizons. i was so so excited when they restocked in canada for the first time in years, and i was able to buy my first packs! i don’t get much use out of them besides unlocking posters and inviting npcs to harv’s island and hhp in new horizons, but they’re fun to collect. i’d love to get my hands on some of the wa cards one day!

Nope. I've considered getting cards for the villagers I absolutely love and maybe some NPCs, but individual cards are ridiculously overpriced where I live.

not got any cards. i wanted an NFC reader + amiibo cards at some stage to get some dreamies but that's passed.
If you're playing ACNH, I don't think you need a reader? Doesn'tthe Switch have a built-in one? For the 3ds, my reader came with my copy of HHD, which was nice.

Im an INSANE amiibo card collector. I have almost all of then! Im missing around 40ish and then I will have all 509! I completed the Welcome amiibo Rv series a while ago and I am slowly working towards series 1 - 5! I used to collect these when I was younger too! I love the special cards because they are so shiny and you know they hold the most memories. I still remember getting my Bunnie card in a pack on Christmas and SCREECHING LOL I dont know if I’ll ever get the Picopuri Shizue (Isabelle) and Totakeke (K.K. Slider) though…

I wouldn't call myself a collector.

I did get quite a few packs (series 1-4 and the RV cards) when they were first released because I thought they were cute, and a good idea. I loved being able to invite them to my town/island and invite them to HHD/HHP to decorate their houses.

I do think it'd be cool to have the whole set as a long-time fan of the series, but I don't have the patience (or wish to use funds) to buy/trade for individual cards or blind packs.

I have probably just under 100 cards overall, just from getting them over time, but I'm not actively trying to complete any sets. I did go and get the sanrio cards and specifically bought cephalobot after not getting him in my series 5 packs because I wanted him in my town though.

I only have the Amiibo Festival trio, 1 pack of Series 5, and the Sanrio cards. I'm thinking of inviting all of the Sanrios onto my island soon, but that'll take a lot of time travelling...

I got the Sanrio Amiibo cards and one of Poppy that I had bought online. All the others are random characters from different packs. Figure wise I just have Blathers and the re-release of Isabelle and Digsby in a box by themselves. I bought them as soon as I saw them and I like how I got them without paying too much for them and get stuck with a generally unpopular AC game for a console that I don’t even own.

I'd say I'm a casual collector. I'd love to have the entire thing someday, but Amiibo cards can be hard to find where I live and I'm not going to pay an outrageous sum for one single villager or NPC card no matter how much I love them. I buy a few packs of cards from the official Nintendo store once in a while and/or some cards here and there when they're reasonably priced with no shipping cost. c:

I collected all my favorite characters and then I also have a couple that were given to me. I don’t see myself collecting all the series or anything else. If I were given more cards, that always makes me happy, but I won’t be purchasing any new packs or anything myself.

I voted no, because I don't own a single Animal Crossing amiibo card lol. I've honestly never seen any amiibo packs in person so I haven't even had an opportunity to buy them. for a long time I wasn't able to use them bc both of my 3DSXLs are the older version that don't have NFC readers on them. I guess I could use them with the Switch now but I find it easier to just get my dream villagers from other people.

I do! I love amiibo and collect both the figures and the cards!
I actually have all of Series 1-5 + the official card binders, all 50 WA RV cards + the HHD card binder, the Sanrio cards, the Amiibo Festival promo cards, and the Japanese promo Character Parfait Isabelle card!

Literally the one and only card I'm missing from a full set is the other Japanese promo card, the Pikopuri K.K. Slider card, but that's currently going for $200-$300 right now and I just can't justify paying that for a little card 🥲
My plan is to either wait it out and hope that his price falls eventually, I get insanely lucky and find him for a good deal.... or I cave and just buy him 😭

Other than the Japanese K.K. Slider, 2 other cards that I'm also wanting to get are the Japanese version of #086 Chief (I have his NA and EU versions already) and the Doubutsu no Mori e+ e-Reader card of Tarou, the Jock wolf villager from past games
These are more just for my own personal enjoyment and not really for completeness lol

I've collected a lot of the Amiibo cards, but I'm happy with where I'm at, and don't see myself collecting the remaining ones. So far, I have about 3/4 - 4/5 of series 1-4, the Sanrio cards, and all of series 5. I would say I have most of the cards I'd like to have. 😊

Bought a ton when they first came out! Never used them much but had fun collecting the first few series.

I have a ton of repeats now that I'd like to sell someday. But, most of my cards are in English and I live in Japan now so I'd probably have to ask my parents back in the US for help selling them.

Back