• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

Do you believe in vaccinations?

Vaccinations

• Yes

Votes: 80 82.5%
  • No

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • Not sure

Votes: 10 10.3%

• Total voters
Do you have the source for this because I'm genuinely curious. I've only gotten really sick once in my whole life, and I'd been in school and working with money for years before and while I'm not in school anymore I still work with money, and that one time was the same year I got the flu shot. It was a couple years ago so I don't remember how long after the shot that I got so sick.

And to Yaezakura, I appreciate the concern but since I'm not especially adventurous and keep away from wild animals and stay on trails while hiking, I can't say I'm especially concerned and would rather run the low risk of an encounter with something like that than ensure I get even a little. I've talked to a few hikers I trust and none of them get vaccinated so I'll take their word and experience rather than speculation from folks online.

Google "Does the flu shot give you the flu" and you'll have like 10 articles right there

Google "Does the flu shot give you the flu" and you'll have like 10 articles right there

Ah, I see. I wasnt sure if you had something specific. Unfortunately for me my experience has shown me otherwise because I think if "I would've gotten sick anyway" it's a very strange coincidence to have only ever gotten sick that one time. It's probably true but I'd rather not take my chances since I'm always very healthy without any extra junk injected into my body.

Yes, I believe vaccinations are real and necessary. I don't want scary viruses to take over plz and thank you. I however rarely get vaccinated towards the flu and stuff though because I don't have the time to. If I lived in a place that had like a pharmacy nearby doing them I'd get them but everything is at least 30 mins away and since I'm nocturnal it's next to impossible.

living is Good
were people who are against it never vaccinated growing up
why do they think it was done

Last edited:
I thought this thread said do you believe in vacations at first, so I was like O-O

Tbh I don't have much of an opinion, as I seem to do fine without them (My immune system is pretty robust). I'm afraid of needles/getting injected so I've always refused getting vaccinated. I guess they work though otherwise people wouldn't still get them, right?

Yes...please...to not is nonsense.

The thing about vaccines is that it's PREVENTIVE therapy. To the general public, those who never took a course of immunology and are ignorant, it really does not seem like a big deal to have. You can't physically see your antibodies fighting off antigens daily, and creating memory immunologic cells so the immune system has a better chance at fighting off whatever pathogen/antigen quickly when reintroduced.

People go to the doctors and take a medicine and can, for the most part, -feel- a response, or at least see one. That's their indication it works.
However, can we see that (say on this day) our body was able to successfully fight off a terrible respiratory infection? No.
And that is what vaccines do. It's preventative therapy so your body is introduced to an insignificant amount of an antigen, create memory cells, so when you do just in case come in contact with the full blown source of that antigen, your body knows what to do right away.

Vaccines are important, vaccines save lives. You may be healthy, but it saves the weak children, the elderly, the immunocompromised. If a majority are vaccinated, it creates what is called herd immunity where we can at least protect those vulnerable.
The idea that it creates these cancers or autism are all false, the doctor (Dr. Wakefield) who even first published a report of vaccines causing autism had no statical data, no control group, relied on people's memories, and made vague conclusions. Which is why his study was retracted from the Lancet medical journal. Unfortunately the damage was already done to scare the general public.

Last edited:
Back