• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

"Controlling" where houses appear.

When you begin the game i think it is the personality you do not have, for instance my first 6 villagers were Normal,Peppy,Snooty,Lazy,Cranky,Jock. Therefore when resetting my game for the seventh, the only villagers that came up were Uchi and Smug, and i got Cherry an Uchi. So tomorrow i know for my eighth, it will be resetting for a smug villager (ill try and get Marshal or Henry)

That sounds right but in my town I started with Peaches, who is normal. My seventh villager was Bluebear who is also normal. Now, the only possible clause here is that Bluebear moved from a wifi friend's town.

Another thing, I don't know what this means but I feel I should mention it. I am due for a ninth villager, I got Zell the first reset and then O'hare the second reset, then after that no new villagers at all. Both those villagers are smug.

So I don't know either way what the game does when a new villager is moving in.

That sounds right but in my town I started with Peaches, who is normal. My seventh villager was Bluebear who is also normal. Now, the only possible clause here is that Bluebear moved from a wifi friend's town.

Another thing, I don't know what this means but I feel I should mention it. I am due for a ninth villager, I got Zell the first reset and then O'hare the second reset, then after that no new villagers at all. Both those villagers are smug.

So I don't know either way what the game does when a new villager is moving in.

It seems to give you a villager or no villager depending how long it has been since the last. After x amount of days a villager will always show. At least that's the closest conclusion with have.

Side note: So Julian finally found a nice spot in my town. This trick works like a dream when it comes to campers.

Eventhough i messed it up,i actually like Cherry anyway haha :')
Hopefully i can pull it off correctly tomorrow with my 8th villager..

It seems to give you a villager or no villager depending how long it has been since the last. After x amount of days a villager will always show. At least that's the closest conclusion with have.

Side note: So Julian finally found a nice spot in my town. This trick works like a dream when it comes to campers.

Rainy Day said that it was their ninth villager though. Shouldn't it have shown up regardless of how many days had passed? :confused:

Eventhough i messed it up,i actually like Cherry anyway haha :')
Hopefully i can pull it off correctly tomorrow with my 8th villager..

Cherry looks so cool. :D

I had my eighth villager, Bam, move in today via this method. He's adorable. Looking forward to him finishing unpacking so I can see him wandering around. <3

Great!

Some neighbour moved in front of my Mall Plaza, I'm so going to whack him/her along with Merry and Phil whom moved into my private "Forest".

I learnt this today, but after reseting to get a good villager in my campsite I then stupidly didn't save and now have Quillson there. <_< Ohwell, atleast I know I'm doing it right.

I am hoping this could be done when you have 8 villagers to reset until a good 9th villager and a good campsite visitor appear so you can get 2 good villagers in a day. - not sure if this can be done though as it seems the campsite prevented anyone putting up a plot today. :/ Or I was just really unlucky.

Wait.. so i have 7 villagers, and the 8th villagers plot is scheduled to be put up tomorrow
i Built my campsite today.. so if a tent appears tomorrow, a plot wont either
i was planning on resetting to get a good 8th villager, and a good campsite person to persuade in xD

I am hoping this could be done when you have 8 villagers to reset until a good 9th villager and a good campsite visitor appear so you can get 2 good villagers in a day. - not sure if this can be done though as it seems the campsite prevented anyone putting up a plot today. :/ Or I was just really unlucky.

Yesterday while I was resetting for my eighth villager it also reset the camper each time.

This works just fine ~
Managed to get Biskit exactly where I wanted him to be, yay.
(Restarted my town after that though ha ha)

Kinda off-topic, but is O'Hare a smug villager now? Someone here mentioned it...
If that's true I know which 6th villager I want to move in tomorrow. I don't have a smug one yet!

Yay great! so i can reset for the eighth and a campter tomorrow hopefully :D
then get a good one of both hm

That's assuming a camper is meant to come to your town tomorrow. I think they come randomly once a week(?)

I had a lot of cute campers - but it took over 20 resets just to get a villager I liked so I wasn't annoyed about having a camper I disliked on the final reset: Pango the anteater. She asked to move in and I told her to go away. >_>

This works just fine ~
Managed to get Biskit exactly where I wanted him to be, yay.
(Restarted my town after that though ha ha)

Kinda off-topic, but is O'Hare a smug villager now? Someone here mentioned it...
If that's true I know which 6th villager I want to move in tomorrow. I don't have a smug one yet!

O'Hare is a smug villager now, yes. :)

So, I ended up trying this with my Camper move-in, and it totally works!

This was my 10th villager, Ken, and I had convinced him on Monday to move in from his campsite visit. I tried doing the trick on Tuesday, but no one was showing up, so I gave up, then today I tried, didn't like the first place he put his house, reloaded and began a new character again, and there he was again! This time in the perfect spot!

So either campers moving in get a special flag to lock in the villager you are getting (i.e. the camper, and in my case, Ken) or I had a coincidence on my hands. =P

Great method!
I am confused on the villagers type some people have mention though:
You can never get two of the same villager personality types?
I'm trying to get my 9th villager now and every reset, they have a snooty personality.

What about in the future? If one of my snooty personality villager moves out, does that mean the next villager that eventually moves in will have to be snooty as well?
How long does a villager move in after one moves out?

And how long does a camper move in after they set up a tent?

Thanks!

Great method!
I am confused on the villagers type some people have mention though:
You can never get two of the same villager personality types?
I'm trying to get my 9th villager now and every reset, they have a snooty personality.

What about in the future? If one of my snooty personality villager moves out, does that mean the next villager that eventually moves in will have to be snooty as well?
How long does a villager move in after one moves out?

And how long does a camper move in after they set up a tent?

Thanks!

By necessity, you're going to have at least 2 villagers who share a type with another villager. There are 8 personalities, and 10 possible villager slots. =P

I'm not sure, but I would guess that this means you will have at least 1 of each personality type...and the 2 extras will change. If one of your unique personality villagers moves out, I would suppose that there would be a similar personality moving in after that...? Not sure.

My camper took 2 mornings after agreeing to move in, but I bet it's anywhere from 1-7 days. =)

By necessity, you're going to have at least 2 villagers who share a type with another villager. There are 8 personalities, and 10 possible villager slots. =P

I'm not sure, but I would guess that this means you will have at least 1 of each personality type...and the 2 extras will change. If one of your unique personality villagers moves out, I would suppose that there would be a similar personality moving in after that...? Not sure.

My camper took 2 mornings after agreeing to move in, but I bet it's anywhere from 1-7 days. =)

oo I see, thanks!
After a few resets, I get some other personalities but very rare.
The snooty personalities keep re-appearing so I guess the game tries to have 1 of each for a town.

Only needed to reset once and i got Henry as my eighth Villager woo!
Henry.png

and in a good location

Bah, another day of resetting and after a while they decide they're not coming. Whelp, eventually, day 7 I believe it is, they'll have to move in because I only have 8 villagers. The 25th should be the 7th day so hopefully they'll decide to move in then because I'm tired of resetting everyday for a dozen times just to have them not come at all.
shame.gif

I reset on both my towns today and happily let Winnie section off a plot in one town, and then my other town I reset about 20 times with villagers attempting to move in about 6 times in horrendous places and I eventually just let Cookie move in seeing as she put her house in a really good place.

And now both my 9th villagers are in I feel I can worry less and start planning my gardens and such.

I did notice today that the town Cookie moved into started with 3 smug villagers, then 2 snobs and then 2 peppy characters. I'm guessing this is because I have 1 of each personality already, but I thought it'd still limit me to one type.

Last edited:
Back