• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

"Controlling" where houses appear.

I tried it...
1st time: I see Hazel and reset.
2nd time: I search all over the map for several minutes and find no plot.
3rd time: I find no plot either?
4th time: Sylvia.
5th time: I find no plot....

I'm 100% positive that I searched every place in the map, and a plot of land isn't exactly easy to miss @_@
is the fenced plot supposed to appear every time

I'm having this same issue, pocky. I've done this about 8 times now, and have only found two plots. :\

My friend got the same problem also :/
What I am doing now is I made a new character and if no plots showed up, I saved the game.
Then Imma make a new character tomorrow, maybe then I'll have a better chance? Like... maybe after three days without new villagers the game will finally be like YOU NEED NEW PEOPLE!

I needed a new character for Patterns anyway, so I guess that it is not too bad ^^;

But I've literally spent hours doing this and 90% of the time I get no fenced plots

So I just attempted this twice. My first time I got no plot. My second time I got no plot. Could it be I need to look tomorrow, instead of today? I just had a villager complete his unpacking and begin wandering the town today. Should I expect a fence today or tomorrow?

Last edited:
I just had a villager unpack and start walking around outside today, so tomorrow I'm going to try again and see if the chances are higher for new plots. But after 12 resets and 3 plots, I gave up for the day. It's not worth it if the game can somehow tell what you're doing and hinder it!

I just had a villager unpack and start walking around outside today, so tomorrow I'm going to try again and see if the chances are higher for new plots. But after 12 resets and 3 plots, I gave up for the day. It's not worth it if the game can somehow tell what you're doing and hinder it!
I time traveled to see if changing the date would actually give me new fenced plots, and it was just as bad as before... :/ It would be nice if fenced plots would show up in the map... Reset 8 times on the new day, and I only got villagers 2 of those 8 times.

Just so I'm clear... I make a new character and if I like it (or there's no one, if I want no one to move in right now) I save? But to save I have to make the new character a house right? But I assume once I delete the second character the house will go away too...

Just so I'm clear... I make a new character and if I like it (or there's no one, if I want no one to move in right now) I save? But to save I have to make the new character a house right? But I assume once I delete the second character the house will go away too...

No If you delete the new character after the new villager will stay, it's still the same map.

Well thanks for the feedback. So it appears that if after your first initial villagers the plots may come or not when scheduled. That's interesting. Mind you this was made intending to be used on your first set of villagers where each day someone moves in. Well it's good to know this works somewhat. Now if someone moves in somewhere or someone you truly dislike is coming to town you can do this method.

I'll update the first post about the findings.

No If you delete the new character after the new villager will stay, it's still the same map.

Well thanks for the feedback. So it appears that if after your first initial villagers the plots may come or not when scheduled. That's interesting. Mind you this was made intending to be used on your first set of villagers where each day someone moves in. Well it's good to know this works somewhat. Now if someone moves in somewhere or someone you truly dislike is coming to town you can do this method.

I'll update the first post about the findings.

I don't get your answer at all... I didn't ask about the map. I meant the second's character's house will go away.

I don't get your answer at all... I didn't ask about the map. I meant the second's character's house will go away.

Oh sorry you just said house so I thought you meant the new neighbors =P yes the new characters house disappears

Oh sorry you just said house so I thought you meant the new neighbors =P yes the new characters house disappears

Well... I talked about making the new character a house then right after I talked about the house going away once I delete the character. o.o Thought it seemed obvious but thanks for the answer.

Hm, this method worked perfectly for me!

1st time: fenced area directly in front of the town hall.... RESET!
2nd time: fenced area on a good spot but a villager I hate (Elise).... RESET
3rd time: fenced area on a perfect spot PLUS an awesome/new villager: Claudia

Hm, this method worked perfectly for me!

1st time: fenced area directly in front of the town hall.... RESET!
2nd time: fenced area on a good spot but a villager I hate (Elise).... RESET
3rd time: fenced area on a perfect spot PLUS an awesome/new villager: Claudia

Good to hear. :3

Could someone explain this to me? xD i'm confused but want to try it out!

I began my game today and so have 5 villagers, however a plot was already built for the sixth villager to move in
Tomorrow the sixth villager will move in, and have boxes.. will a new plot be built for the seventh villager tomorrow aswell? or will it be the day after when the sixth has unpacked

Could someone explain this to me? xD i'm confused but want to try it out!

I began my game today and so have 5 villagers, however a plot was already built for the sixth villager to move in
Tomorrow the sixth villager will move in, and have boxes.. will a new plot be built for the seventh villager tomorrow aswell? or will it be the day after when the sixth has unpacked

You should definitely try it out! The next fenced area will appear when the villager has unpacked everything. (on the same day) :)

I started with my Mayor today and have Beardo moving in (my first new neighbour), before saving I reset and started a new villager and checked to see who was moving in and it was Beardo in the same spot. Reset and made a new character and it was still Beardo. SO I would say you definately have to do this with a new save before you do it with your mayor if it is going to work. I will try with a new save character tomorrow to see if I can control it. (wish I had known about this just a little bit earlier so I could control where Beardo is moving in to! But oh well :D now I have 3 bears in my town! wonder when Goldilocks is moving in...)

Back