• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

"Controlling" where houses appear.

When do villagers finish unpacking btw??
Switched on and made a character at Midnight, ready to reset for the seventh villager.. Assuming the sixth would have been finished exactly 24 hours later just as in Wild world..

When do villagers finish unpacking btw??
Switched on and made a character at Midnight, ready to reset for the seventh villager.. Assuming the sixth would have been finished exactly 24 hours later just as in Wild world..

Hmm I believe it takes 24 hours (a whole day) for a villager to unpack. AC doesn't consider it a new day officially (new fossils, shop items, allowing tasks to be done) in till 6am. So I'm guessing sometime after 6am.

I wish I hadn't played as my mayor today before seeing this! O:
I have Tucker squeezing his house into a tiny gap between river and cliff right on the only pathway from my house to the rest of town, and now I'm stuck with that. :(

Oh well, in 2 days time I am definitely doing this to ensure I don't have 2 houses to squeeze past.

EDIT: Putting link to this in sig, so others will see.

Last edited:
Wait, can this trick keep me at a minimum of 5 villagers?

Hmm from what has been tested the answer would be no. Apparently after about a 7 day period without a villager that's suppose to move in the game will always give you a villager each reset. So in the end you'll always end up with 9 villagers.

I want to express my appreciation for this thread. My sister has been resetting nonstop to get O'hare back in her new town. We messed up trying this method with her sixth villager who happened to be one of my old villagers (Harry the hippo who likes to influence everyone to wear his ugly rasta shirt) anyway, we TT'd to the 19th where Harry was done unpacking and a new plot was expected. We got Mac at first and didn't care for him so we reset once more and O'hare's plot of land appeared! :blush: I'm so happy it worked out for her!

Thanks for the information :)

I want to express my appreciation for this thread. My sister has been resetting nonstop to get O'hare back in her new town. We messed up trying this method with her sixth villager who happened to be one of my old villagers (Harry the hippo who likes to influence everyone to wear his ugly rasta shirt) anyway, we TT'd to the 19th where Harry was done unpacking and a new plot was expected. We got Mac at first and didn't care for him so we reset once more and O'hare's plot of land appeared! :blush: I'm so happy it worked out for her!

Thanks for the information :)
No problem! I'm glad people are seeing at as useful. Really a lot of thanks goes to the testers and the original poster.

Thank you very much for this!

I have a couple of questions: - After looking through this thread, I've found my answers! Thank you.

1.) Gwen is currently unpacking. So, not the 18th but the 19th, a fenced area will appear? - A new villager might or might not move in on the 1st to 6th days, on the 7th it appears someone will definitely move in.
2.) On the day the fenced area is to appear what time will it actually appear? Sometimes I play past midnight and into another day with my mayor....will this effect this trick and keep it from working? Or will the fenced area appear after 6a allowing me to play into the night with my mayor? - A new day starts at 6am in Animal Crossing. So playing up to 5:59a will not effect this trick.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for this!

I have a couple of questions: - After looking through this thread, I've found my answers! Thank you.

1.) Gwen is currently unpacking. So, not the 18th but the 19th, a fenced area will appear? - A new villager might or might not move in on the 1st to 6th days, on the 7th it appears someone will definitely move in.
2.) On the day the fenced area is to appear what time will it actually appear? Sometimes I play past midnight and into another day with my mayor....will this effect this trick and keep it from working? Or will the fenced area appear after 6a allowing me to play into the night with my mayor? - A new day starts at 6am in Animal Crossing. So playing up to 5:59a will not effect this trick.

I'm not to sure with the first question, since it makes sense following the first week and a half of playing that someone could put down a plot the next day. But I haven't played long enough to know.

But for 2) Plots appear at 6am, and 12-6am is considered the day before. (excepting the island games) So it is safe to play with your mayor beyond midnight.

Have Julian from my campsite moving in (he's a unicorn so why not) so far working like a charm besides the fact he's always choosing the worst possible spots =P

I'm not to sure with the first question, since it makes sense following the first week and a half of playing that someone could put down a plot the next day. But I haven't played long enough to know.

But for 2) Plots appear at 6am, and 12-6am is considered the day before. (excepting the island games) So it is safe to play with your mayor beyond midnight.

Thanks for verifying #2!

I'm currently doing this trick and so far so good!! I'm resetting until I get them in a spot I want them.

It will be the personality type you dont have.. that will keep getting chosen :)
That explains so much! Ha! I didn't realize that every villager that had attempted to move in was "uchi"

However, I don't think that it will be a personality type that I don't have -as I happen to have not one, but two jocks in my town. Rather, I think that the game simply decides to give you villagers belonging to that personality regardless of whether you have them.

So a good idea when using this method would be to figure out which personality the villager that is trying to move in has, then look up all of the other villagers with the same personality and figure out which of them you would like to have the most.

Example:
I log in with a new character to see that Aurora is moving in
Aurora's personality type is normal, so I check out a list of all villagers with normal personality
From the list, I like Marina and Meringue the most so I reset until I get either of them

I'm glad I did this today. Even though I got lucky with Pashmina moving in on my first attempt last time, I had a feeling I wouldn't be happy with today's villager because I knew it would be a jock - and I don't like many of the jock characters. It took 22 resets, but Bam the deer is moving in tomorrow! \(^__^)/ House placement isn't the best, but I'll live. I didn't have anything planned for that area anyway.

This method definitely works, but i messed it up!
Reset a few times then accidentaly pressed on my mayor -_____- and got Cherry the dog, just behind my house, which is ok i guess hm. Oh well, i like all other 6 of my villagers, and i didn't know who i'd let leave, so she can be that person
I'll do it properly for my eighth and ninth villagers :L

That explains so much! Ha! I didn't realize that every villager that had attempted to move in was "uchi"

However, I don't think that it will be a personality type that I don't have -as I happen to have not one, but two jocks in my town. Rather, I think that the game simply decides to give you villagers belonging to that personality regardless of whether you have them.

So a good idea when using this method would be to figure out which personality the villager that is trying to move in has, then look up all of the other villagers with the same personality and figure out which of them you would like to have the most.

Example:
I log in with a new character to see that Aurora is moving in
Aurora's personality type is normal, so I check out a list of all villagers with normal personality
From the list, I like Marina and Meringue the most so I reset until I get either of them

When you begin the game i think it is the personality you do not have, for instance my first 6 villagers were Normal,Peppy,Snooty,Lazy,Cranky,Jock. Therefore when resetting my game for the seventh, the only villagers that came up were Uchi and Smug, and i got Cherry an Uchi. So tomorrow i know for my eighth, it will be resetting for a smug villager (ill try and get Marshal or Henry)

When you begin the game i think it is the personality you do not have, for instance my first 6 villagers were Normal,Peppy,Snooty,Lazy,Cranky,Jock. Therefore when resetting my game for the seventh, the only villagers that came up were Uchi and Smug, and i got Cherry an Uchi. So tomorrow i know for my eighth, it will be resetting for a smug villager (ill try and get Marshal or Henry)
Oh, I see, I see. I have already gone past my 9 villagers so I guess that that's why I have two jocks.
I hope that you get Marshal, btw! He is one of my favorites ; v ;

oh I just started my game yesterday and today theres already a fence, when should I expect the next one? This animal moved right next to me and Im not happy at all with that @_@

Your new villager will be busy unpacking his stuff tomorrow, so the day after that a new fenced area is gonna pop up somewhere (the day he's finished with unpacking etc) :3!

Back