• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

College Paper Help!!!!!

GoldenKaraSus

Bells
Switch
4861-6390-9515
I have finally semi finished a paper that was over due. My Professor said I can change it and submit it tonight if I want...but should I change it? It’s already late so I’m not getting an ‘A’. But I want to get as high a grade as possible. Due they actually check cites? What do I do?!

What is your teacher recommending to change?
I would make changes especially to get a better grade...but hopefully they told you what was lacking or needing to be looked at.
They do check citations.

What is your teacher recommending to change?
I would make changes especially to get a better grade...but hopefully they told you what was lacking or needing to be looked at.
They do check citations.
He didn’t say what to change. I could make sure my citations are correct. I was just eyeballing it there.

i'd definitely change it if you think it needs edits!

as for citations, i would say it's definitely worth citing in all cases that you used a source.

even if i don't reference a source explicitly, i will cite it if i opened it and read through it just so that in case i relay information, the professor knows where it's coming from.

some online submission portals will actually automatically scan ur paper and check against the internet to see how much of a "match" it is versus the website. so yes, they can check this stuff rather easily
Post automatically merged:

also, if it's a formatting thing, i think it depends on the course (my accounting professors don't really care too much about the formats) but if it's an english course for example they scrutinize it heavily

Ok. Thank you. I may do it later tonight. I am so tired. I just finished it this morning. It was so hard to get through, I don’t want it to be all for nothing.
Post automatically merged:

I thank both of you.

Reactions: meo
Good luck, definitely check what your syllabus says or the requirements they gave you for the paper. If all seems good and you have your citations then I'd resubmit.

Good luck! And PLEASE CORRECTLY CITE, even if you're strapped for time!! It's super important and it counts as academic dishonesty if you don't cite. Academic dishonesty can end up in a consequence that's more severe than turning in a late paper, so I'd at least make sure that part of the paper is good to go. :) hope things turn out ok!

Reactions: meo
I have finally semi finished a paper that was over due. My Professor said I can change it and submit it tonight if I want...but should I change it? It’s already late so I’m not getting an ‘A’. But I want to get as high a grade as possible. Due they actually check cites? What do I do?!

I hope you changed it and got the best mark possible! I say always put your best into what you do, and if you can't then ask somebody for help and assistance. College is there to help you pass, and your peers should be more than happy to help you out too. That's the way of industries, they are built on teams, not one individual.

Back