• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

City Folk: No Escape (creepypasta) Day 1

MayorVillager

Mayor of Smashville
Bells
Orange (Fruit)
I remember as a little kid that I played quite a bit of Animal Crossing City Folk. I didn't care that people called it trash, I still liked it. After years of playing New Leaf, my 3DS broke. I needed some way of getting Animal Crossing in my system, but then I remembered City Folk. So had to buy a new copy and put it in my old Wii. If I had known what awaited me, I wished I had gotten my 3DS fixed.
At first, I was confused. The town looked nothing like it did years ago. As it turns out, my data was gone. Other than that, the game started exactly as I remembered, with Rover asking if I wanted to transfer from Wild World. As I didn't have the game, I chose to start over. Things got strange after that. I was on the bus, but the camera was at an angle at which I could actually see my character, and he was crying. It was the one on the box art, except his nose was bleeding and he had a black eye. Rover was trying to comfort him, but to no avail. When I got off the bus, Kapp'n said: "If ye wanna go home, ye know where to find me."
Things were definitely off. So were Villager's animations. He was limping very noticeably, and he'd fall over if I tried to run. With not much else to do, I went to the post office. When I entered, Tortimer was awake, and he drew back in horror at sight of my face, almost like I had. And then he kicked me out. So I tried to get a house. After walking out of one, Nook stopped me and said: "The real world's tough, isn't it?" then went through his normal dialogue. After that, I chose to save and quit. You might think I'm crazy for doing that, but I'm sure this is just some joke. Someone probably gave me a hacked copy as a sick joke.

A plot hole is "I had to buy a new copy" but right after you said the town looked nothing like it did years ago, implying that it was the same copy they had as a kid.

A plot hole is that it says that somebody probably gave you a hacked copy, but game data is saved on the Wii, not on the disk, so I don't get it. Still an enjoyable read, though.

Back