Brewster's Banter - General Discussion

does anyone else think all weather is gorgeous weather?
Not me 😫 I can appreciate a good rainstorm from time to time, but thunderstorms are no good. Always flooding around here, knocking out power, not fun! I will say, some day, a nice soft rain, especially early in the morning, can be insanely soothing and cathartic.

I used to live somewhere with a lot of rain (and potentially tornadoes) and now that I'm in a dry place, I really miss the rain and thunderstorms. The air is much more dusty since there's no humidity to kinda "press down" the dust. Or at least it feels that way!

I don't miss the yearly power outages from downed lines though. I'm very happy that's not a thing here!

a good english with lavender is very strong (as tea should be in my humble opinion!)
do you also enjoy herbs de provence? 😜
I'm sure I've got a jar of it somewhere, so yes! I love most herbs.

does anyone else think all weather is gorgeous weather? days when it's nice and sunny, days when it's hot and sticky, days when the air is frigid and there's snow and ice, days when it's thundering and the rain is hammering down, days when it's cool and overcast? or am I just an overly happy person who loves changes in weather hehe

idk I just find myself lately stepping outside and being like "wow this weather is awesome" no matter what's going on out there.

edit: to add onto this I loooove thunderstorms, we actually haven't had that many this summer so every time one happens I'm like LET'S GOOO 😍 got to drive through one on my way to work yesterday and it was so niceeee
I like all weather except sunny or humid. I find myself getting irritable in hot weather, and I can't focus. It's also very crowded whenever there's an even slightly sunny day, and I'm somewhat claustrophobic around other people.

The best for me is rain and thunderstorms, especially at night. I fall asleep much quicker when I can hear that in the background. Well, that or cicadas, but England do not have cicadas anymore, so I've been told. There used to be crickets in the garden, but I haven't heard them in years...

I like any weather as long as it is mild. So cold weather is ok, just not a lot of snow. Hot weather is ok, just not too much humidity. I once contemplated moving to Las Vegas for a job offer but I can't do desert either. Makes me feel like I'm on Mars. Now San Diego would be perfect but ehhh too many people, too much traffic. lol. I guess nowhere is perfect. Absolute Ideal would be to just follow the seasons/weather around so it's always perfect!

I like rain and thunderstorms the best. South America is currently in an El Niño right now, so the usual rainy weather has been replaced sadly with hot and dry weather.

I like a lot of weather that typically is considered bad or gloomy, but I'm just miserable in super hot or humid weather, and severe storms are too unnerving for me to really appreciate them. ;; I don't mind mild thunderstorms though, and I actually really like cool rainy/overcast/windy days. Snow is also really nice (although we've been getting it less and less here over the years), but I think my favorite type of weather is partly cloudy and windy. It's really nice when the clouds cover the sun but you can still see some blue sky. 💙

I prefer cooler weather over warmer weather. Give me -30 C (-22 F) over +30 C (+86 F) any day of the week.

I hate thunderstorms. They make loud noises at random times and it raises my anxiety. They also remind me of the many tornado warnings and watches I've gotten in the past...

Not much left of summer now…
Though honestly as an adult summer isn’t really all that great. Very little time off and even busier than all the other seasons of the year. Doesn’t help I live in a tourist town that’s always crowded this time of year. I look forward to fall when it’s mostly just locals round.

does anyone else think all weather is gorgeous weather? days when it's nice and sunny, days when it's hot and sticky, days when the air is frigid and there's snow and ice, days when it's thundering and the rain is hammering down, days when it's cool and overcast? or am I just an overly happy person who loves changes in weather hehe

idk I just find myself lately stepping outside and being like "wow this weather is awesome" no matter what's going on out there.

edit: to add onto this I loooove thunderstorms, we actually haven't had that many this summer so every time one happens I'm like LET'S GOOO 😍 got to drive through one on my way to work yesterday and it was so niceeee
No
I mean, there is a lot of weather varieties I like, but I don't really humid hot weather for long periods of time, and I don't like single digits (F) winter weather at all. Although ice storms can be pretty I generally just hate them.
I do love thunderstorms, but the down side to that is where I live, tornados often come with them. But I think lightening is beautiful, esp at night in the distance. If it is heat lightening it can be all kinds of colors. I also love the sound of thunder and heavy rain. It makes me want to take a nap or sit by a window.

I've made a thread in The Museum to share that stuff to feel free to check it out! I've already uploaded one recording and I have plans to do more very soon 😄

I'm in the process uploading my first recording to youtube though, since SoundCloud only allows up to 3 hours of uploaded content before they make you pay out the nose for a subscription sdkjfskdf

I have been meaning to check this out since you mentioned it in Brewster's! It only took me *checks notes* 3 weeks oops.

Your stuff sounds fantastic! The experience definitely shows. (sounds?) The Animusic tracks bring back memories from very long ago lol, such nostalgia, so that's probably my favourite bit - but I definitely appreciated all of them, you've got some good taste there. those 20 minutes were over before I knew it haha 👍

We need to normalise posting music in the museum 😌 I've fiddled around with recording my drums just now, and sort of got it to work, but I definitely need to improve the setup for that...

I have been meaning to check this out since you mentioned it in Brewster's! It only took me *checks notes* 3 weeks oops.

Your stuff sounds fantastic! The experience definitely shows. (sounds?) The Animusic tracks bring back memories from very long ago lol, such nostalgia, so that's probably my favourite bit - but I definitely appreciated all of them, you've got some good taste there. those 20 minutes were over before I knew it haha 👍

We need to normalise posting music in the museum 😌 I've fiddled around with recording my drums just now, and sort of got it to work, but I definitely need to improve the setup for that...
omg I really appreciate your kinds words so much 🥺💞 music is definitely a passion of mine, I'm so glad you enjoyed listening to my stuff!!

seeing you like my post actually inspired me to go ahead and make another recording into a video, I'll be posting it in there soon! it's a shorter one, but anything is better than nothing. I'm hoping once camp is over I'll have more time to work on stuff and post it in there 😊

also would be cool as hecc to see more music threads, especially if you make one playing drums! my brother also plays drums so it would prib be right up his alley hehehe.

omg I really appreciate your kinds words so much 🥺💞 music is definitely a passion of mine, I'm so glad you enjoyed listening to my stuff!!

seeing you like my post actually inspired me to go ahead and make another recording into a video, I'll be posting it in there soon! it's a shorter one, but anything is better than nothing. I'm hoping once camp is over I'll have more time to work on stuff and post it in there 😊

also would be cool as hecc to see more music threads, especially if you make one playing drums! my brother also plays drums so it would prib be right up his alley hehehe.

Ooh, I'll put the thread on watched so I know when you post it (edit: just got the notification that you did)! I can definitely relate to camp taking up a lot of time I would normally have spent practising/playing haha.

I was thinking of maybe posting it in my existing museum thread instead of making a new one for it. I'm not too bothered by it interrupting my digital art. It's not a perfect take, but you know. Fun's more important than perfection. 😄

What I've been up to while you've been worrying about a silly quiz:

20230817_143542.jpg

...I half-joke. I worked 8AM-6PM yesterday and this walk to the beach was my only break.

I just got a hilarious idea for this forum. what if someone were to create a Discord server where one of us could stream movies and everyone watches together and talks about whatever movie we're watching? given the discourse going on in the comments during the Gaming Station spectations I think it could be really great hehe.

Im pretty sad TBT camp is ending because it means we'll lose the quarters chat threads, but maybe that means this thread can become more active?? Although Im loyal to the ISC, I still would love to just chat rubbish with folks outside my team :)

A question to those who live in the US or have been to the US. Which states have you been to?
I’ve been to a ton. No particular order but it’s long so I’ll put it in a spoiler. I’m counting states I’ve visited or stopped in at least one city. There’s more I’ve driven through but I don’t think those count
1. Ohio
2. Michigan
3. Indiana
4. Pennsylvania
5. New York
6. Kentucky
7. North Carolina
8. South Carolina
9. Tennessee
10. Georgia
11. Florida
12. Alabama
13. Mississippi
14. Louisiana
15. Illinois
16. Missouri
17. Kansas
18. Oklahoma
19. Arkansas (hands down, the most boring state I’ve driven through)
20. Texas
21. New Mexico
22. Arizona

And soon to be 23 because I’ll be going to Disneyland (California) over Christmas Break!

Back