• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Brews & Horror d'Oeuvres

Sang de Coco
It’s strawberry juice mixed with nata de coco aka coconut gel (hence the name) and red food colouring! ^^

TBT_kitchen_entry.JPG

i think i leaned a little more general fall aesthetic, but i tried making some little mummy cookie cups! and even gave one candy corn ears
889936210557034516.png

didn't want to waste my vodka because i ran out of food coloring, so i improvised with sriracha, crushed red pepper flakes and some candycorn in water & ice with marshmallow eyes on top (the pupils are icing)!
smwaniboo1.gif

tbt entry.jpg
tumblr_inline_o2cgifPyUg1qzb5w4_75sq.gif

I call this (the bloody kit-kat)
5DDC2E9F-7449-4CCA-B965-5D5DBBE4ACAF.jpeg

edit: I didn’t mean to send it without text

it’s made with fruit punch and Whip cream And ice with Raspberry powder and a kit-kat

Last edited:
Apparition Alley

Two sweet gummy bears, out trick or treating, were rightly cautious as they approached this spooky gravel road in Gingerbread Village.

My horror d’oeuvres are three spooky, miniature gingerbread houses (though everything on the board is edible)! 🍬🍭 The houses are made of gingerbread, glued with royal icing, and decorated with candy, sugar and icing. The tombstones, ghosts and pumpkins are all gingerbread and royal icing. The gravel road is made of gingerbread and royal icing, and the gravel is decorating sugar.

zC76hOn.jpg

Nametag

Upd183j.jpg

Seemed appropriate to prove they were hors d’oeuvres/single serve size, so included a mug for reference!

lfIGszu.jpg

I couldn’t seem to compress the image file much, so I uploaded to Imgur, so please let me know if the images don’t load! 😊

devil swipes
20211030_030708.jpg

called as such, because these were made from swiping candy out of the trick or treaters' stash, as I have not been able to go to the store nor have much anything else to work with. simple peanut butter cups adorned with candy pieces for horns, eyes, and mouths (or maybe that bottom one is a nose? idk)

Dark Spirit Orbs with Tentacles emerging from the dephts of the Bloody Well 👻
20211030_113330.jpg

Bloody Well drink made of thinned out tomato juice and a little green food coloring. Inside are some chocolate balls and candy lace.
Spirit Orb snacks made out of chocolate balls and candy lace.
(I know the orbs came out really simple, i had this really cute idea of making almost octopus/spider like creatures but the lace was waaay harder to work with then expected. I even wanted to make 10 or 12 but ended up with 4 because they kept falling apart. In combo with the drink and decor it came out cute tho)
20211030_113318.jpg

The haunted fingers from Hell

Screenshot_20211030-170645_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20211030-170050_Gallery.jpg

This is my attempt at witch's fingers... It was very promising before I put them in the oven. And then they melted 😢

The dough is made of butter, sugar, cornflour and flour.
And an almond per finger, and some currant jelly.

Apparition Alley

Two sweet gummy bears, out trick or treating, were rightly cautious as they approached this spooky gravel road in Gingerbread Village.

My horror d’oeuvres are three spooky, miniature gingerbread houses (though everything on the board is edible)! 🍬🍭 The houses are made of gingerbread, glued with royal icing, and decorated with candy, sugar and icing. The tombstones, ghosts and pumpkins are all gingerbread and royal icing. The gravel road is made of gingerbread and royal icing, and the gravel is decorating sugar.

zC76hOn.jpg

Nametag

Upd183j.jpg

Seemed appropriate to prove they were hors d’oeuvres/single serve size, so included a mug for reference!

lfIGszu.jpg

I couldn’t seem to compress the image file much, so I uploaded to Imgur, so please let me know if the images don’t load! 😊

Thiiiis is beyond cute!!!! great hard work there, super cute, really love it 🙈

All beware, here it comes the nightmare-inducing Stegosaurus lizard! :eek: Worthy of Dr. Moreau's island...
That scratching noise you hear at night behind the walls? Yeah, that's it. If you ever look into its bloodshoot eyes, slumber will evade you forever...

EDIT: Please ignore because I realized later that you must submit three appetizers, not one!
Since I know this doesn't qualify, I'm going to submit something else. Please, let me know if it's okay if i try again?

stegosaurus snake.jpg name.jpg

Last edited:
Can I use chicken fingers (like 10 fingers) to make a hand and use ketchup to represent blood or do I need to add more types of appetizers.

Apparition Alley

zC76hOn.jpg

Nametag

Upd183j.jpg

lfIGszu.jpg

This is so amazingly detailed. I love it!

I present to you: Creepy Crawly Deviled Eggs!

20211030-134846.jpg

The eggs are boiled and the filling for the eggs is made with mayonnaise, mustard, apple cider vinegar, boiled egg yolks, and salt and pepper. blended in some red and yellow food coloring to make it orange, that combined with the purple plate are the essence of Halloween! topped with paprika and some spooky spiders for a tangly tasty twist 😁🕷

(it's funny that the example in the OP mentions deviled eggs, these are my favorite snacks to make so they're my go-to!)

THE MOODY FRUITS
Alright, "Try #2", here we go... Because fruits have feelings too, not only pumpkins! :eek:
Here you go: a happy apple, an angry pomegranate and a sad tangerine.

... Who will be eaten first? :devilish: Place your bets!

faced fruits.jpg

Last edited:
Back