• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Best New Smug Villager - NEW VILLAGERS POLLS

Who's your favorite new Smug villager ?

• Raymond

Votes: 83 60.6%
  • Cephalobot

Votes: 45 32.8%
  • Roswell

Votes: 22 16.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Magus

Cranky since childhood
Bells
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
November Birthstone (Topaz)
New Horizons Token
Hello Bell Tree community ! 👋
Welcome to the NEW VILLAGERS POLLS.

There will be 8 polls, two per day during 4 days, so one poll for each personality.
The first personality of the day is SMUG, the idea is to vote for the best new Smug villager.

To select the candidates it was simple since I only picked the new "New Horizons" villagers, I know some of them are not totally new but still, I think they deserve their spot here since there's a lot of new Animal Crossing gamers too.

The idea is to choose 1 villager but if you can't choose between two of them the option to vote for 2 villagers is activated.
You can't vote for the 3 of them though.
You have 10 days before the end of this poll.

HERE ARE THE CONTESTANTS :
Raymond%27s_Poster_NH_Texture.png
Cephalobot%27s_Poster_NH_Texture.png
Roswell%27s_Poster_NH_Texture.png

°°°

You can follow the other New Villagers polls by clicking on those links :
CRANKY POLL
50px-Emotion_Aggravation_NH_Icon_cropped.png

SISTERLY POLL
50px-Emotion_Mischief_NH_Icon_cropped.png

JOCK POLL
50px-Emotion_Pride_NH_Icon_cropped.png

NORMAL POLL
50px-Emotion_Pleased_NH_Icon_cropped.png

LAZY POLL
50px-Emotion_Sleepy_NH_Icon_cropped.png

PEPPY POLL
50px-Emotion_Encouraging_NH_Icon_cropped.png

SMUG POLL
50px-Emotion_Smirking_NH_Icon_cropped.png

SNOOTY POLL
50px-Emotion_Disagreement_NH_Icon_cropped.png

Thank you, you can vote and explain your choice now 🙏

°°°

Here's the results for the Best New Smug Villager :

🥇 Raymond
🥈 Cephalobot
🥉 Roswell

Raymond%27s_Poster_NH_Texture.png

RAYMOND is qualified for the Battle of the Winners !
What do you think of this result ?

What's next ?
When all the NEW VILLAGERS POLLS are finished, I'll launch a new poll with all the 1st placed villagers, it will be named the Battle of the Winners.
After that, a last poll will be organized between the 3 most voted villagers of the Battle of the Winners, it will be the Grand Finale and we will finally know which is the best New Villager among all.

Last edited:
Raymond is my pick! Of the first eight villagers added to New Horizons, he was my favorite of the bunch, and I still love the business kitty. I also personally prefer his theme/aesthetic to the other two's—I'm not that interested in the robot villagers or in Roswell's alien theme, though they are definitely still cool in their own right.

1. Raymond - I passed him up like a year ago on a hunt, and I haven't seen him again. I kind of regret not taking him in cause he is a pretty incredible design and also one of the cats who actually have a nose. I bought some Series 5 Packs but unfortunately didn't secure his card, so I'll probably continue to not see him. Also was on a Squid Game kick and actually enjoyed Sang Woo's character quite a bit, so I have some positive feelings towards the business man look currently which probably boosted my recent interest in the business cat.

2. Cephalobot - I passed him up on my most recent hunt when I sat him at like ticket 8, but I really do like him quite a bit. I'm cycling through species I haven't had and Marina was the only Octopi I was considering, so it's nice to have this robot enter the ring cause he'd also cover a robot villager for me. There's a lot of Smugs that I like though, so I don't ever see him being permanent. I did give him a Paradise home though!

3. Roswell - I like the markings, but I hate the eyes.

theyre all very good. but i love the robot guy. i think that's VERY good. love villagers who are like, sorta.... not non-human cuz. none of them are human, but you know what i mean.

This one was the hardest pick, they’re all pretty tied. I picked Cephalobot though, because I like the idea of another robot, think his name is great, and can actually see him fitting in on my Island.

Having him be smug was also unexpected yet welcome, as is the fact that he has the Play hobby: a mechanical aquatic animal with a smug but playful personality—what a neat, contradictory personality!

Then you have the other two, who are great in very different ways. I like how “classic” Roswell looks. It’s a simple but still somehow fresh design. Raymond is the opposite, where his design is really detailed and full of personality. Definitely the hardest group to judge imo

EDIT to add:
Is Cephalobot “naked” in his picture?? o.o
Dude’s just posing, showing off his abs of steel! lol

Last edited:
Raymond for me. He’s been on my island for over a year and I couldn’t imagine kicking him out. That said I really like all three of them honestly.

Cephalobot and Roswell are both cool, so I voted for both of them.

raymond remains the wOoOoOoOorst

Without a doubt had to go with Cephalobot. To me, easily the best newest character of them all. Gotta get him on my island soon for sure. Roswell isn't too bad either honestly. As for Raymond, nope. Never. Nada.

Cephalobot is an all-around awesome villager and solidly my favorite Smug of these three. I like robotic villagers and would like for there to be a robot for every species eventually, and I also really like the Octopus villager model and would like more of them too, so I'm overjoyed that Cephalobot not only exists but is also a Smug, which is one of my favorite personalities in the series. Great name, great design, great house. Love him. I feel like he's probably in my Top 10 favorite villagers in general. I'm looking forward to scanning him in and having him replace Ribbot, who will go back to New Leaf.

Raymond is neat, he gets second place. I was kind of turned off by all the early hype for him, but over time I grew to appreciate his design. The hair, the glasses, the heterochromatic eyes, the office house and professional attire. He's a solid villager.

I appreciate Roswell's unique pattern but I'm not all that crazy about him. I'd probably be a bit more on board if he had different eyes.

Cephalobot 100%. I love him and I’m glad to have him as my smug. I like very few smug villagers so it’s nice to have him as an alternative to DJ Jacques.

I'm gonna have to say Raymond, but I am really liking Cephalobot too. I haven't had a lot of experience with Roswell yet, but I did invite him for coffee and he seems pretty cool too.

I chose Roswell because I like his design the most. Cephalobot is also cool and I might invite him later, but for now Roswell is a priority.

I've had Raymond before and he really didn't click well with me sadly.

I didn't want Raymond initially but he was my first campsite visitor and he stayed a very long time on my island, he grew on me and he really fits the smug personality, I totally see why people can be obsessed with him and I still thinks he's one of the best smug villagers in terms of design.

Concerning Cephalobot I love that he's inspired by the Aliens movies and his house is so great too. I also think the combo smug/robot/play hobby is quite unique, I definitely want him on my island. Plus I love the octopus, we need more of them.

Roswell is very unique too because of his theme, his patterns and eyes.

They're all cool but my votes goes for Raymond and Cephalobot.

I'll rank each smug from most to least favourite

1. Cephalobot. I love him so much! He's right now on my island. Funny thing is that a few days after the update came out, he appeared at my campsite. Its almost like fate. But seriously though, Cepha's house is awesome. The whole alien robot theme is really cool. His black skull radio plays KK robot synth, which is my favourite song of the new KK songs introduced.

2. Raymond. I had Raymond on my island because I wanted to see how hyped he was. So many players were obsessed with him. I never was, but when I was island hopping for dreamies I ran into him and decided to invite him on a whim. I liked having Raymond, but I don't consider him to be my favourite smug. Definitely in my top 10 smugs though.

3. Roswell. I love Roswell's design. I haven't encountered him yet, but I do plan on inviting him when I get the chance. The lack of any interaction with him is why he's ranked last.

Raymond for sure! I'm a huge cat lover irl, so the cats are always some of my favorites. I'm not a huge fan of a lot of smug villagers and their designs, so Raymond has definitely won my spot as my favorite smug ever. I think my favorite part of his design is his little fangs when his mouth is open.

Robot villagers are okay, but not my thing, so Cephalobot is very meh for me. I like Roswell's design a lot, but feel like it would've been better suited for him to stay a lazy villager instead.

Back