• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Are you going to have a themed island?

Are you going to have a themed island?

• Yes

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • No

Votes: 64 58.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PeeBraiin

Happy Pride!
Bells
Switch
6980-8546-6496
Apple (Fruit)
Peach (Fruit)
Cherry (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Toy Hammer
I?ve been seeing a lot of people talking about creating themes for their town?
Do you have a theme in mind? Personally, I?ll be naming my town Chancla and will try to incorporate Hispanic/Latinx elements and designs into my town since I want my culture to be represented into my town. :)

What about you?

Not entirely sure yet, I'd love to mess around with all the new and fun gimmicks, but maybe in the end I'll settle for a forest'y theme.

I have a theme in mind, but ultimately the items available in the game will determine what is actually possible, so I have to stay somewhat flexible. I really want to do a town that has some history to it. Buildings from different eras blended together, if that makes sense, like how Japanese castle towns will have historic districts but there will be Showa era buildings still around and a modern convenience store and houses and such nearby. The same kind of thing can be seen in Europe as well. The US... not so much, haha. Maybe that's why I want to do it? LOL

Not entirely sure yet, I'd love to mess around with all the new and fun gimmicks, but maybe in the end I'll settle for a forest'y theme.
That seems like it would be fun! Especially since it seems like we have ALOT of space on our islands :)
I kind of want to make a little mushroom forest since we can place furniture outside now!

If having an elegant garden park counts as having a theme, then yes. If not, then no.

(I need answers before I make my decision in the poll.)

I am going to have 2 towns.

My main will not be overall themed but will have districts. I will have an ocean theme with the Octopi in one of the corners(using landscaping to make a bunch of waterfalls), I will have a more rural/japanese vibe on the outskirts, and more downtown shopping district.

My secondary will have food themed villagers and a more restaurant/theme park vibe. Lots of orchards and such on the outskirts.

Yes, but not one singular theme - I'm thinking of using a few themes that fit various things and styles I like.

Last edited:
Wow! Do you plan on sectioning them off? What kinds of themes O:

each level of land will have a different theme! the lowest level will be where my character?s house will be and i?m not quite sure how i?m gonna landscape that yet but it?ll pretty much be themed around things i like. the second level will be like a uh,, seasonal theme where the decorations will change based on the seasons but overall i want it to be very vibrant and lively. and the third level will be more of a mellow foresty type theme aha :p

I'm thinking I want to do a cute woodland/fairy vibe for my town!! I'm really excited to use the new items and tools and try to create something amazing :)

I joined in on NL a bit late, so I never really had time to create my perfect dream town, so this is gonna be my opportunity! ^-^

Can't wait! <3

If you want to call a "tropical city" a theme, then yes. I have no idea how that'll look like tbh, but I really want to mix the city feel we saw in the Direct with a bunch of flowers and bushes. I'd also like some nice fairy themed things.

Yes! It will be an alien island (○︎-艸・)*:゚・☆︎

I'm going to have all of my villagers houses spread out, and then I'm going to make the are around their home themed to match them

My theme will hopefully be “looks good.” That’s something I’ve never been able to accomplish in AC before :p I think with crafting and getting to easily choose the stuff you wanna place, instead of just getting a hodgepodge of furniture you have to sort through, will make the process much simpler ;)

I've always loved the woodland/cottage themed towns so I'll probably be leaning more toward that area, though I won't be too strict about it.

Back