• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Are you going to have a themed island?

Are you going to have a themed island?

• Yes

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • No

Votes: 64 58.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’ll do a gloomy morbid theme. Kind of sad but not horror.
I had this in new leaf and I want to continue sort of the same concept and be able to finish it in new horizons.

I'm just going for a traditional small town/natural vibe theme. I'm going to create things like a park, outside music areas, etc

Hahaha I love your islands name omg

I am the type of person who likes to plan and be organized so I will have a themed island of some sort. I havent decided on a specific theme yet bc im waiting to be inspired by the items in the game, but I do have an overall idea picked out.

my new leaf town was inspired by spring since thats when I got the game and it was my favorite season at the time. I loved all the cutesy items in the game too and so wanted the theme to be pink/pastels and saved in the cherry blossom season. this time in new horizons I think I want to do a tropical/summer theme with bold colors.

Last edited:
No theme for me. I can appreciate the immense amount of work that goes into themed towns, but I personally like my town to have a more natural and organic feel to them.

I don't have the attention span for a fully themed town. I do want to separate my villagers strategically, but other than that, who knows.

my first island will just have loosely a theme because i just want to have fun and see what i can do with all the new stuff. but i do love pink and cute stuff so i bet in the end the island will look like that. maybe even blue and pink since i love chrissy and francine and also the new pastel cub. but we will see, its really open for now.
i will have a second island since i buy the ac switch and already have a switch so i will def make my second island themed. im not quite sure what the theme will be tho since i want to first see what options are avaiable.
im thinking of a rural / forest theme sometimes but im not quite sure yet. im also thinking of kinda recreating one of my new leaf towns. well not really recreating since it will look different but the same name, mayor, almost all villagers (rip etoile, you are missed) and theme which was candy, colorfull and child / playground themed.
im sad we cant have a lot of islands since i already have a lot of ideas in my mind haha

I have a general town plan, I like a more minimalistic look so I wouldn't necessarily say my town is going to have a theme, but it will be cohesive. I don't want to make it more complicated for me to decorate my island, I like just putting things where I think they fit and then after a while go over the island as a whole and redecorate then.

No theme for me. I like my Animal Crossing towns to be just... mine. Without restricting myself to decorating/designing any one specific way.

I voted no. I have no idea what i want to do with my island yet. Guess i'll figure it out as i play.

Nothing too specific. I just want my island to be real nature-y, forest-like, and comfortable.

The only "theme" are just things I like. Themes stress me out lol. I'm just going to choose things I like and arrange them in a way that flows.

I really want to do a theme, because I never done that before, but I believe what I’m going to do is decorate my island with things I like and if a theme appears, I’ll go with that. Possibly following a theme once I have an idea of what is available.

If I were to do a theme, some ideas are a bustling town, with parks, gardens, neighbourhoods, shopping district and decorated beach. Another idea is red themed, with lots of red roses and furniture. Or the same but black or pastel. I was also thinking maybe a witch themed town, or an artist/art town. But like I said, I want to wait till I see what furniture is available! :)

every time i set myself to a theme i always end up chickening out because it's not going to way i want to, so this time around i'd like to let my island come together more naturally.

For my own health and sanity I have to say no. I would love to but I am prone to hyper focus on things and micro manage until every single detail I can control is perfect. In the end its better for me to just take each day as it comes.

I plan on having a madoka magica theme!
In the beginning I wont focus on it too much but eventually I'll start treating it more seriously

We will see how things develop but atm I'm thinking of doing a sort of zen garden/gothic dual theme.

Back