• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Are you going to have a themed island?

Are you going to have a themed island?

• Yes

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • No

Votes: 64 58.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I plan on changing things around each season.

Spring will be very whimsical with lots of nature-esque objects and bright pastel colors and lots of light up objects
Summer is going to be a tropical and nautical theme
Autumn is going to spoopy season and will be overrun with mushrooms and creepy objects
Winter is going to be just like a Christmas wonderland

Besides just themes, I plan on having like special areas like an orchard, a concert stage, a zen garden, a whole outside coffee bar venue, etc.

I'm going to want to visit YOUR island multiple times. I love the seasonal theme idea.

I was initially thinking of themes, but after deciding to make myself in-game I just want my island to be the perfect aesthetic representation of myself lol :' ) so I'm going to build the island and get villagers that fit my taste and personality <3

I don?t have any ideas of theme in my head but I know that i will do a symmetrical city thanks to the terraforming

Do we know the character limit for our names? (Player not Island). In New Leaf the limit was 8, and unfortunately, the name I have picked out is 9 characters. (._.)

Last edited:
Do we know the character limit for our names? (Player not Island). In New Leaf the limit was 8, and unfortunately, the name I have picked out is 9 characters. (._.)

I assume ten because one of the pax footage (and some review copies where they had time to play after) had a character called Demetrius, which was nine characters

I'm gonna try for a cutsie military base island. We'll have boot camp and everything.

I'm not planning on doing anything super planned. I want a naturally organic design process. Now, it might change in a few years and I'll redo everything to make it perfectly themed. But, at first, I just want to see how I will naturally decorate.

Probably another zen theme just because I tend to really like those pwps and designs.

No I don't have any plans for a themed island. I'm going to be sharing my island with my boyfriend so I don't want to just take over everything, but he says he doesn't want to mess up the place by placing things wherever. I want to just build a community up with him were we each can design certain areas, maybe have like a little communal garden and hot-springs, some parks and a nice lake with an island in the middle. I'd like to change things up with the seasons and holidays tho, and definitely decorate for x-mas and Halloween. However, I didn't really care for how yard-sale like some of the Nintendo direct and commercials looked, so maybe I will have more landscaping features over tons of furniture outside.

I don't want to overthink my island because I know that's a surefire recipe for burning myself out, but I do want to give it a magical aura. One of the names I'm thinking of might also give it a Venice style theme, where I could use the water-scaping tools to make canals, perhaps. But I'm going to let it happen organically, I think.

My island name & character name are based on my favorite movie but other than that I'm not planning on a theme or planning out my island. Honestly I'm hoping I can use the name I've thought of for my character because I haven't seen anything on the character limit for player names. I know the island name limit is 10.

Sadly no, I'm bad at planning and sticking with themes.

Me too, I don't think I could be committed especially with the change of seasons.

Maybe sometime in the future but for now, I just want to explore all the new features of the game.

I'd like to have a sort of greenhouse/teatime theme lots of plants and places to chat!

I tend to theme my island in like different moments. I try to make little moments for each villager by giving them like a yard or strategically put them around other things

Not sure if I already responded to this thread but I don't really want a general theme, I just want what looks nice to me.

I am not going to have a set theme for my whole island. Each area will have its own little unique theme. I do not want to hinder my creativity over one theme. This game is about enjoying and doing whatever we please.c:

Nah, as much as I like themes I'm constantly changing my mind and can never commit to them. I'm most likely gonna stick with the base tropical island theme.

I'm gonna use a theme for my island, but I'm still thinking about it which one may fit the best.

Back