• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

Are dilligant are/were you with completing homework?

SkyKnight03

elegy
Bells
Arcade Tokens
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Sky Clouds Scenery
Spring Sakura
White Hyacinth
Pink Heart Balloon
Purple Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Yellow Balloon
Sweet Balloon
I never liked homework. Not for the 'homework' part, y'know. But because we had certain teachers who wouldn't let us do it in our free time at school. They said it was meant for home.

I resented that. So eventually I quit doing it completely (and my grades suffered). I got much better when I went to college. I would normally get a jump start on the public bus home.

My highschool was unique. We weren't assigned any homework. It was a school for troubled youth who suffered from depression, abusive home situations, or any sort of 'mental block' that might cause us to fail. We were handpicked to attend and it was an experiment.

It fell short on preparing us for college.

I've been out of school for a few years now, but I was always pretty on-point with completing stuff on time, both in high school and university. University especially helped me become adept at time management.

I do pretty well; I've managed and continue to sustain A's and sometimes B's. I remember when I had to do school online at home because of the quarantine and in one of my classes I slacked off for some reason and as a result, my grade fell to a D. Thankfully I did so well on the final project that my teacher bumped my grade to a B. So I guess that means I prefer taking classes at school over taking classes online.

My highschool was unique. We weren't assigned any homework. It was a school for troubled youth who suffered from depression, abusive home situations, or any sort of 'mental block' that might cause us to fail. We were handpicked to attend and it was an experiment.
I have a feeling that you're implying something here...

I do it consistently even though I don’t like it. But if even if we didn’t have homework, I know my parents would still find something for me to do related to school when I get home, so it’s probably better to have homework.

I don’t think I was, no. I wasn’t a good student by any means. I barely got any homework in high school anyway.

I do pretty well; I've managed and continue to sustain A's and sometimes B's. I remember when I had to do school online at home because of the quarantine and in one of my classes I slacked off for some reason and as a result, my grade fell to a D. Thankfully I did so well on the final project that my teacher bumped my grade to a B. So I guess that means I prefer taking classes at school over taking classes online.

I have a feeling that you're implying something here...

Oh?

Nope ^.^ It was simply explaining that I never had any homework in highschool.

Didn't do it. Got detention. Didn't show up. Funny how I now work in education.

(Don't be like me.)

I was pretty good at doing my homework when I attended school in-person. I usually did it during lunch or any free time I had in classes since I knew I wouldn’t want to do it when I got home. The sooner I got it done, the better!

I definitely slacked on homework once the pandemic hit and school turned virtual, though. I just wasn’t motivated to do it, and I found it hard to focus or want to do anything academic at home. It got worse once hybrid learning was introduced (some students in class in-person, some at home on Zoom). Teachers were more interested in and attentive to their in-person students and the ones on Zoom were afterthoughts, so that definitely didn’t help me feel motivated to do their work.

I eventually stopped doing homework altogether. My motivation and energy for academics was wearing thin, and I wanted to preserve the energy I had for actual assignments and tests/quizzes. I wasn’t compelled to do any work that wasn’t getting graded; completion marks didn’t mean anything to me lol

I still graduated high school with pretty high marks, so everything worked out!

i used to be a real procrastinator when it came to schoolwork. sometimes i ended up completing my stuff wayyyyy after the due date or submitting subpar work that i rushed to do the night before. sometimes i wouldn't do my work at all, which got me in a lot of trouble with my teachers as you can imagine. it got even worst during virtual schooling, since i didn't have my teachers there helping me and they'd take a real long time to answer the emails i sent them (i don't blame them though. it was hard for everyone :sleep:).

eventually i straightened up and began doing my work and handing it in on time or asking for extensions if i felt that i wasn't gonna get my work done on time (y)

i was pretty good at being on top of my school work :0)
i definitely found it easier to complete my work in college since we always stayed during our lab times to work on things and our profs would also stay in case we needed help. i also liked just going to our computer labs to work on our productions, especially since submitting video files took the longest on campus.

i only really suffered when our final year was done remote cause of the pandemic and i really benefitted from the group work calls we held in order to do work... but we would spend an hour just fooling around before getting back on track haha

I didn’t like homework, but I made sure to do it as soon as I got home. I figured the sooner I do it the sooner I can enjoy the rest of my day / night. High school I might have been a little bit more on the rebellious side compared to elementary and middle school, but I still ended up getting it done in time just not right when I got home. I don’t think I’ve ever been a big procrastinator with regular homework, but definitely with big projects I’d always wait until the last minute. I don’t know why I did that lol i guess it was a habit.

(Don't be like me.)

That was something we all had in common at our school. Negative reinforcement often caused us to lash out or withdraw. It was a goal of our teachers to find out 'why' we weren't doing our work, instead of immediately shouting at us or directly going to punishment.

It was nice to have a teacher actually speak to me on a peer to peer level.

One example being a teacher asking what I was listening to with my headphones, and asking if it helped tune out noise. Instead of immediately sending me to the staff office. I was then allowed to wear them each day in class.

I was (and still am) a huge procrastinator. My grades took a huge dip the last two years of my high school career, and that was simply because I didn't want to do homework. I nearly didn't graduate because of that bad habit, but was fortunately able to do the bare minimum. The habit carried over to my brief college tenure before ultimately dropping out.

(Don't be like me.)
Well, I'm already sort of like you. Almost five years after graduating, I myself ended up working for the same school district I graduated from as a bus driver. Never thought I'd find myself in this predicament, but here we are. The job itself isn't bad, though I question management sometimes. I may or may not find a higher-paying job when this school year ends; we'll see.

Back