• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Anyone Ever Broken A Ds/3ds/2ds?

I threw one of my 3DS's out of anger, broke the corner so you can't close it where the tape is... oppsie D;

That reminds me of what happened to me. Someone in my family pissed me off and I threw my DS Lite at a drawer and it broke in half. I didn't care since it was a used DS and it was going to break anyway. And I already had a DSi at the time.

I had my DS Lite for 3-4 years until it got too old and started having some screen problems( top screen was going blank and there was this whole on the bottom on lol) When I couldn't use it anymore I opened it to see how it was inside and then threw it away lol.

I only "intentionally" broke one original silver DS and a red/black 3DS XL. The former had its top screen cracked and blotched due of some Mario Kart DS frustration occurring on 150cc/Mirror Mode Lightning Cup, while the latter had its right speaker emitting some digitized flatulence sounds since going through Tails Adventure's cramped level design.

Here are the more unintentionally broken portable systems:

- My original translucent lavender GBA's battery cover no longer hold in place
- My first DS Lite had some sort of translucent red being displayed on the top screen after 6 months or so playing with it
- My replacement white DS Lite eventually got its hinge cracked lost a bit of plastic; still working fine as of now
- My old sky blue DSi had its L/R buttons not working properly after a year of playing
- My formerly owned original Aqua Blue 3DS lost its rubber pads that prevents the system from sliding on certain surfaces

No, but my younger brother has broken a DS Lite (it wasn't working anyways) and dropped his 3DS into a puddle (now a fuse has blown).

My dad threw my Gameboy Advance SP out the window because he got upset with my brother and I.

I'm pretty pissed. My L button on my 3ds broke. On all 3 of my ds's, every single one of them has a broken L button. I swear it's like a curse e.e

I can't have any kind of DS without breaking it, so yes. My GBA SP still works and looks perfectly fine, but not my DS, 2 3DSes, and 3DS XL.

There's a few scratches and broken " L " or " R " buttons but I never completely broke any kind of ds at all xD

Last edited:
No. But my little sister broke my 3ds she put the game the wrong way and pushed it in so tight the game couldn't come out so after i got it out it couldn't play any games at all so i had to end up getting a new one

I broke the top screen of my ds (original model) a loong time ago when my dad threw a really heavy suitcase on my bag on some vacation.

My 3DS is perfectly intact, excluding a few streaks, but my old DS has been dropped so many times, about 80% of the top screen is obscured by dead pixels. However, it still works and plays GBA games fine, so I just use it to trade Pokemon or play GBA games.

I bought my first 3ds xl on amazon. The bottom screen wasn't working and I got a little pissed at amazon. They wouldn't replace it because they thought it was a fault on UPS' or my end. So I tried fixing it myself by opening it up. Failed terribly and threw $300 in the garbage without ever really getting a chance to use it. lol

Last edited:
I had one of those Limited edition Pokemon Dialga and Palkia DS lites years ago. I broke it while I was charging the handheld and walking around in circles for no apparent reason. Eventually I tripped on the wire and landed flat on the ds lite. The top screen was destroyed while the bottom was somehow perfectly fine xP

Well, I didn't necessarily break mine, but it is totaled : P
I got my ds lite several years ago, and now the touch screen doesn't hardly work, the L-trigger won't work, and I think the ribbon cable is out ^^;
But that's just tough love.

My gameboy advance, on the other hand, is like 12 years old and works perfectly, and looks almost new

my brother broke my first DS Lite, past that I've been 100% careful apart from tripping up the stairs with my 3DS a few months ago

Back