• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Anyone Ever Broken A Ds/3ds/2ds?

No, thank Elune Goddess of Light I have not D: I have almost dropped my GF's 3DS a few times and each time I completely panic lol. I don't know how I'd ever forgive myself.

I haven't, but my younger brother, 3 at the time, was once playing mario on my DS, and he couldn't complete a level so he BIT THE SCREEN, LIKE WHY. The sd top screen was black, but it would still play the game so we sent it to Nintendo and it cost ?107 and he was told if he ever did it again he would have to pay. I've been trying to get him to bite the screen again ever since...
I still have the bite marks from his baby teeth, so cute!

I don't think I ever broke one^^
Had DS, DSi and now 2DS.

One day I woke up to find my DS Lite wouldn't read carts. I don't remember ever dropping a game console.

I was probably ten or something and I got super mad at Cooking Mama, so I stabbed the crap out of the touch screen on my Metallic Rose DS Lite and killed it. My dad tried to fix it and he broke it, so my mom went to WalMart and got me the silver one, which I still have and it works perfectly fine.

Last edited:
i bought a broken touch screen ds lite or something like that, the user said they never used the touch screen but i should have known it was going to be broken.

anyways, i ended up buying a new touch screen and fixing it but of course i decided to try to put on a new case too. ultimately i ended up chipping a bit of the motherboard so lol. RIP.

I broke my red original DS's screen when I was like 8 because I couldn't get past a level on Sonic Rush. I got pissed and stomped on it and the top screen cracked lol. But the touch screen was already ruined because my sister touched it with a magnet. Then I got another original DS, this time a blue one, and my sister put it high up on a shelf where I couldn't reach it, I jumped to try and get it, touched it, and it fell and one of the hinges broken off and the top screen slowly lost visuals. Then I got a red DS Lite and a hinge snapped but it still worked and it got stolen. Then I got a silver DS Lite. Then I got a copper DSi XL. Then I got a cosmo black 3DS. Then I sold my silver DS Lite and used the money to pay for a yellow Pikachu Edition 3DS XL.

I have an original Gameboy Advance that had sound issues and the buttons got stuck but I opened it up and fixed it.

Last edited:
The top screen of my 3ds has blacks cracks in it. (I'm waiting for a good 3ds xl bundle to come out before I replace it.)

Both of my ds lites (one blue, one pink) have broken hinges, I think the same as OP's and the pink one doesn't read gameboy carts anymore. They work on the blue one so it's definitely the ds lots, not the carts. Other than that, none of my consoles have broke, even though I've dropped my 3ds quite a few times (luckily just on carpet, no hard floor).

I'm very cautious with my belongings and never had any issues with my ds lite or 3ds xl. It still works very well despite how old the ds lite is.

I've broken a Gameboy Advanced. I was walking to class and playing and smashed into a door and it fell to the floor and the back broke off and the little clip that held it in broke off so I had to keep it on with tape...

I broke my DS lite once, dropped on some pretty hard brick flooring years ago, idk what happened. Haven't really "broken" my 3DS though, First one I had since release, something in the motherboard broke. My current one only has some odd line on the screen, not very visible though.

I've never broken one but once my friend punched the top screen off of her DS (it was a Lite, I think) when she went wrong on a game :p

The epic story of the demise of Lauren's 3DS!

Now this story has been kept concealed between the mumble and irc because it was dumb.

Ahem, I was drunk after 2 bottles of wine and a 21st on a Sunday (with uni the next day I wasn't going) so I was in mumble playing pokemon X and I was choosing between squirtle and charmander. Horus (the ****) was trolling me and told me in my not sober state to pick SQUIRTLE! so I did. I had a wine glass that could hold half a litre of liquid. So I continued to drink, thus spilling it everywhere when I balanced it between my legs.

Instead of being a normal person and turning it off, I continued to play it. I woke up the next day, my 3ds died of alcoholism during the night.

I bought a new one 3 days later.

Oh it was a white 3DS XL

Oh and at some point that night I was crying because Jeremy called me fat (jk ly Jer <3)

Last edited:
I've had every version of DS (Except for XLs), and I've only broken one. It was about a month after the DSi came out, and I was still stuck with a DS Lite. I was playing it next to my sister while she was on the computer, and I accidentally dropped it and it hit the end of the table. When I picked it up, the screen was like a Picasso painting, with random colors and lines.

So my mom got me a DSi, since we were literally going on vacation the next day, and I would have freaked out without my DS. It actually still worked for a while, but I could only use it for GBA games because the top screen was messed up bad. I tried playing it recently, but it didn't work anymore. :(

No but I have killed a keyboard and the start button on my PSP with cleaning wipe solution before...

Back