• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Anyone Ever Broken A Ds/3ds/2ds?

I was fixing up my bed and my 3DS fall off (while it was charger) into its charging input. It still works but its very lose, and I need to put it on many aligns to let it charge. It's quite annoying. But then again, I got a 3DS that was a bad egg (Somehow I ended up with a brand new glitched 3DS, that's now fixed though).

Last edited:
I haven't bricked a handled anything since my childhood stupidity days with my various Gameboy Colors

closest though I guess would be one of of SP's has a small vertical section of dead pixels on the furthest-right side of the screen from chucking it across the room in frustration at AI being stupidly cheap/lucky at card games

Last edited:
I haven't broken any DS's, but my mom dropped my DSi into a toliet, and my brother broke the hinges of his DS Lite.

Aren't Nintendo consoles supposed to be like indestructible or something?
Also, no.

Last edited:
My first chunkie original DS eventually rejected it's donor charging organs and never charged again.
My sisters first DS got beheaded falling literally 15 cm onto the floor. It had been dropped down stairs and from waist height loads and then it fell down a single step once and the top screen completely came off. Pretty special moment.
My DS lite and first 3DS both got busted R buttons. And my first 3DS non-XL also started turning itself off if knocked slightly near the power button. Though I fixed the power button and R button myself last year and it works fine now. :3

I wasn't particularly careless with my white DS Lite, but unfortunately it still fell apart anyway...

-First incident was me accidentally scratching the screen with scissors. Not a big deal, I was just being clumsy, but I had to play with a small line on the side of the screen ever since.
-Second incident was me closing it after turning off my game, not forcefully mind you, and the hinge just snapped apart. I gave up on caring for it because I bought a new one with money I'd saved up and no matter how gentle my fumbling little kid hands were the old one was on the point of no return.
-Third incident, we were moving things around in my house and my new DS mysteriously disappeared so I used my old one. Realized it was broken beyond repair when all of a sudden my microphone stopped working and the top screen slowly began to tint purple. The top screen began to fall almost completely off its only remaining hinge.

The new undamaged barely-played black DS Lite is still somehow missing, despite looking everywhere for it to this day. Luckily my 3DS is in perfect condition. Not a scratch or bump. Maybe the 3DS is built sturdier or I stopped being so clumsy.

I broke the R button on my first DS. It had to be glued down, so it didn't work after that. Then the mic stopped functioning completely. My dad eventually got me a refurbished DS for a great price, and it worked fine despite me breaking one of the hinges on accident (I had to get Nerf armor after that).

If you have problems with dropping your DS or 3DS, I highly recommend getting said Nerf armor. Just as long as you're willing to deal with the system being a bit bulky.

No, but they have dropped a lot, we can only break tablets, (and my phone got washed, oops) not Nintendo products, weird...

EDIT: I had my 3DS in my blanket and I jumped and my 3DS flew, and it's still alive!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Has scratches all over it now I look closely...

Last edited:
My first ds broke but my mom broke it lol. My dsi has a broken L and R button (curse you Nintendo for making them easily breakable.) As for my 3DS, it's still in mint condition and is as good the day I got it. I had it for 2 1/2 years now. Hopefully it doesn't break or I don't break the L and R button when I get super smash bros. X_X

My mom once threw my phone against the wall and it crumbled into many little pieces.

Quite tragic really since that was a good phone and my current one is really ****ty.

my original DS (the huge block one) charger port is breaking and the hinges are coming loose. also half of the touch screen doesn't work but it's still playable if i charge it at the right angle.

my ds lite on the other hand was brutally murdered by my brother who smashed it with a remote repeatedly after having a tantrum. it looks fine on the outside but it won't power on even though the light turns on and it's fully charged. just a black screen with no sound. rip in piece my beautiful blue ds lite.

Back