• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Which Nintendo DS do you have, if any?

skarmoury

˚₊‧ eyes on me ‧₊˚
Bells
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Flimsy Watering Can
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
I had a conversation the other day with TBT friends and we brought up the weird and wacky extended family of the DS era…. frankly, I don’t remember there being so many types of DS, and I was surprised that me and my friends were using different versions of the 3DS when we were playing ACNL!

IMG_7716.webp

I personally have the DS Lite, DSi XL, and the 3DS XL. My DS Lite is broken beyond repair but I plan to repair my DSi XL since it still turns on, though some buttons aren’t working anymore. My 3DS works fine save for the shortened battery life and the “chipped off” joycon, and it’s what I use to play ACNL.

Anyway, how about you guys? Which DS console/s do you have, if any?

I have the DS Lite, 2ds, and 3ds XL. The 3ds XL is my favorite as I like the placement of the stylus and sd card slot the most out of all the 3ds models. I considered getting a new model for the upgraded performance, but the sd cards go behind the backplate- why?? The xl is also just more comfortable for me to hold.

Throughout my life I've had the coral pink ds lite, super mario dsi xl, pink 3ds, nes 3ds xl and just recently a pink 3ds ll (japanese xl.) unfortunately the only ones that have survived to this day are my two 3ds xls :(

I love the DS and 3DS family so much, although I skipped the DSi entirely because it felt like a downgrade without the GBA slot. I have the original brick, two DS Lites (bought a second one a couple years ago because I sadly broke both the hinges on my original one haha), a 3DS, 3DS XL, and N3DS.

I have the black/grey New 3ds and a red 3ds (both XL). my New 3ds has Pokemon stickers as customization.

I have a DS lite, new Nintendo 2DS XL and a new Nintendo 3DS XL. My 2DS XL is the most comfortable for me to hold and hence it's the console I play games most frequently with. Also, I like that the DS lite has compatibility with GBA games.

I have the following:

- A blue DS Lite. I wanted pink but unfortunately couldn't fine one.
- A red 3DS, my original 3DS console. Same deal, no pink. Still works, but the circle pad cover wore off.
- A dead purple 3DS. The bottom screen gave up the ghost for some unknown reason.
- A blue 3DS XL that I got to replace the purple 3DS.
- A green Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time styled 2DS. I got this as a backup for the future.
- A white & orange New 2DS XL. I got this one as a backup for the future as well.

I have a red DS Lite, and a red 3DS XL! In my household I also had a light blue DS Lite and a grey original DS.

I've had all versions by now at one point or another, but currently I have a yellow Pikachu New 3DS XL and a gold LoZ: A Link Between Worlds New 3DS XL.

i only ever bought the pokemon x/y 3ds bundle. i really wanted the pikachu 3ds but never ended up buying cause i only really needed one 3ds. i'm kinda surprised at how many have multiples o:

I used to have a beautiful pink DS lite, but I played with it so much since I was 7 that it broke around the time I was 10. I think the battery had worn out, and I think it could be repaired with a new battery without too much trouble, but my father must have thrown it away because he wasn't interested in it🫠
I have the cyan Nintendo DSI that still works but it was given to me after my brother had played with it non-stop for at least 2 years, then I played with it non-stop until I was 13, so the battery really struggles to hold a charge.
Then I have the classic old blue Nintendo 3ds, even though I always wanted the pink one. I changed the battery four years ago with a good quality one and it's like new!
Two years ago I bought a barely used burgundy Nintendo DSI XL in case my normal DSI passed away, I paid very little because it belonged to a friend.
I also have a Nintendo 2DS XL, always paid very little🥹
I'm a huge Nintendo DS fan and if I had the means I would collect all kinds of models💕

I have quite a lot of them, actually!

-3 original silver DS systems: one normal, one with a heavily scratched screen, and one with a capture card installed
-2 White DS Lites, one with a heavily scratched screen from playing too much Guitar Hero On Tour without a screen protector, the other with a popped hinge
-A Guitar Hero edition DS Lite with a popped hinge
-A Black DSi
-A Blue DSi XL, which replaced the bronze one that was stolen from me a few years ago
-A New Leaf edition 3DS XL with a busted hinge and broken Circle Pad
-Two New 3DS XLs, one dark red and the other a Majora's Mask edition.
-A Blue/Black 2DS XL

I have a red and black 3DS XL and a black DSi. I just found out last night that I do not have the new 3DS XL when I was trying to scan an amiibo and wondering why the heck it wasn’t working. 🤣 little did I know, I had no clue there was two different kinds.. lol oh well.

I have a pink DS Lite and a red 3DS XL! absolutely loved both devices, especially the DSLite since it allowed me to play my GBA games with a good backlight!

I still have a fully working Lime Green Nintendo 2DS XL with Mario Kart 7 pre installed. One of my favourite games to play on it along with New Leaf is Pilotwings.

I had a conversation the other day with TBT friends and we brought up the weird and wacky extended family of the DS era…. frankly, I don’t remember there being so many types of DS, and I was surprised that me and my friends were using different versions of the 3DS when we were playing ACNL!

IMG_7716.webp

I personally have the DS Lite, DSi XL, and the 3DS XL. My DS Lite is broken beyond repair but I plan to repair my DSi XL since it still turns on, though some buttons aren’t working anymore. My 3DS works fine save for the shortened battery life and the “chipped off” joycon, and it’s what I use to play ACNL.

Anyway, how about you guys? Which DS console/s do you have, if any?
I’ve got the 2014 AC one and the 2014 XL. I don’t remember which ones my kids have but I know that my oldest also has the DSI and I want to say my youngest has an xl as well

Back