• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Animal Crossing Pet Peve

• dialogues. from npcs to villagers, the nicer dialogues that have some depth and fun to it are usually the ones in the caf?. I really want more different conversations in the next game (though I doubt it will happen)

• being unable to transfer money from a bank account to another

everything else, though bothersome, is not a big pet peeve as these two for me ):

Let's see...
- Grass wear
- Timmy and Tommy talk too much
- Grass wear
- Too much space needed for small pwps and bushes
- Did I mention grass wear?
- Can't get rid of villagers you don't want

Most of mine is what's already been stated but right now with me landscaping, it's definitely villagers randomly planting all these darn flowers. I'm trying SO HARD to clear my village of flowers and every time I walk past a permanent arrangement, I see someone planting some off-color flower next to it. Come on, guys! -_-

--Bad plot placement by new move-ins.

--Lack o' storage.

--Trying to maintain a character's tan.

--Perfectionist snow people (looking at you, Snowboy).
Along with that, despite purposely messing up on one or two of my snow people, I still managed to get the matryoshka every time. Have yet to get any of the other three options. :mad:

when people view the void as a curse.
i mean, if it wasn't for the void, i'd have lost major dreamies

-PWP limit
-villagers asking about their clothes

My biggest "pet peeve" in the game "Animal Crossing: New Leaf"?

I have a dislike most for something I won't mention. But, because this is about a "pet peeve," which is descriptive of a minor annoyance, I can say:

It is the inundation of mail and items that cannot be saved (because I don't have unlimited space).

The game's wizzes should have thought about this more carefully.

I find this is more than a minor problem if one has played a given town for quite some time. (However much time that is.) I have had my first town, Applewin, for 18 months. I've had to recently scramble to avoid running out of storage space for saved letters. (I saved numerous ones because a good amount of them came from former villagers. I tried to save, in particular, their good-bye letters.)

Last edited:
I seriously never understand why villagers get mad at you for talking too them too often. And it seems to happen a lot quicker in New Leaf. That's annoying.

Mine is that there's no way to stop villagers from trying to move out. I have all ten villagers I want now. I'd love to have a way to make them permanent so I wouldn't have to worry about them moving away.

I agree with a lot of the statements saying that the dialogue is too repetitive. It makes my villagers feel plastic. I still love them though lol. I also wish at the beginning of the game it didn't take so long to get approval for the permit, and that villagers pinged for PWPs more often. I hate snow but that's not the games fault lol.

-Lack of storage
-Long repetitive dialogues (Oh my god, I want to punch people! Particularly Redd)
-Grass deterioration
-Lack of control on where villagers plot
-Not enough 'special visitors' (Redd, Katrina etc.) and lack of events (Well, too many fishing and bug tourneys)
-Lack of customisability of the character in general (There aren't just white people in the world...)
-Repetitive villagers! Especially normals, which sucks, because imo normals are often the cutest villagers!
-Too many rubbish premium items! (I'm fed up of getting fish on premium, every day of the week!)
-Some sort of calendar would be nice, so I know all the events and villagers b-days for the year!
-A tool pocket would be good- I'm fed up of them taking up all my room!
-I NEED to be able to take my silver net and rod to the Island! NEED!
-Not enough space for paths. If you place them, then put them in storage, it should stay on the ground.
-Also you should be able to pick up all patterns from dream villages!
-Oh yeah, and you should be able to get more then one QR code pattern at a time! It takes too long to download a whole set, it should only take a minute! Not 40!

And probably more, but these stick out to me right now!

Incorrect grammar. Ughh it bugs me so much when the villagers call a single character "they"!

But they is right... I can be used both in the singular sense and the plural sense. It's just a non gender specific way to say 'he' or 'she'...

Last edited:
Back