• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons @ E3 2019 General Discussion

did y'all notice all the furniture outside?? and look at how many people are online at once! We gonna have such lit parties

I wonder if I'm looking too much into it but there were 8 people in that final shot....does that mean expanded multiplayer?

did they have the treehouse icon during the stream for animal crossing? I was too shocked by the release date too notice.

It was announced after the trailer that we would see the games director's explore the early moments in the game during treehouse. :)

That was one heck of a Direct. Knew it was gonna be good, but not THAT good.

Animal Crossing looked great and was the departure that I was expecting.

Oh boy I don't like the crafting part xD I hope it's not a grind.AC is supposed to be relaxing. I have enough games where I have to farm things...

as someone who couldn't care less about pocket camp and crafting, the premise doesn't sound too great. i hope it isn't completely dominant and you can still just buy things. though the pocket camp inspired landscape/town decorations are exciting, i've always wished decorating your town was easier.

also who needs bridges when you have a fishing rod i guess?

they have my money anyway, i hope more is revealed in the next 9 months (god). in the meantime i'll be milking new leaf.

We'll probably have to build all of the shops and stuff. Crafting is going to be a huge part of the game but I doubt they'd do away with shops entirely. I'm super excited about it, it looks like you'll really get to build the town from the ground up.

I'm excited to be able to jump over river and decorate whole world. Making paths looked funny. Characters and world looks little weird, like rubber and no any texture, but I think it will change, since it is still in development. I hope super bad I could move camera angle, but well... Aaah, can't wait to see more gameplay and get more information.

I was a bit, ah... surprised, I suppose you might say. But honestly, I love what they're doing with the game. This is gonna be great.

At the end of the trailer, a villager with a backpack is shows so I have hopes the clothing from Pocket Camp will make a return.
The more I watch it the more I am oke with the style they choose. March 2020 is a bit of a bummer but a good season to start in..

This is literally all I want and more!!

Because it will mean that everyone has such a different town, and even when you start over you will possibly end up with a different town.

I feel like they didn't want to drop a banger on us today. lol who thinks they will wait until they announced a new Switch redesign to show us the new animal crossing?

the crafting is so off putting. at this point i just want the game for the graphics

so after watching the trailer a couple of times, its actually kinda charming. Looks like the first store is almost like a tent with tom nook who has the crafting area. Also it looks like villagers interact with the town more by sitting and talking. one thing is that the sheep looks weird (fur doesnt look fluffed out) but i think my faith is restored

The one good thing about that trailer was no Isabelle. Was she cut? Doubt it. But still, nice not to see her face in everything to do with Animal Crossing.

I assume everyone gets the same empty island to work with instead of randomly generated map? I'm excited for this! I do like survival - craft your own things type games so it's right up my alley. I did notice that the tree was digged up and placed in the pocket which makes me hopeful that it'll be easier to move things around your town.

Last edited:
I didn?t think it was possible for me to hate an animal crossing game. But omg I absolutely hate it. It looks so bad! Even if they fix it graphically okay fine. But crafting? That?s not animal crossing. She dug up a tree and put it in her pocket. I hate it so much. I?m heartbroken.

Back