• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Animal Crossing Amiibo Cards.

blueninjutsu

Bells
Arcade Tokens
Mailbox
User Title Color Change
Hiiiii,
I?ve been a fan of Animal Crossing for years. However, I never really dived deep into buying any of the amiibo figures or cards. Recently, I decided to splurge and see what was it all about. I bought a pack of cards, but I have no idea what?s the purpose of them other than getting certain villagers to move into your town? I?m sure there?s more perks. Anyone care to explain?

I am not 100% sure but there are different series. 1-4 are the normal ones and the welcome amiibo set are the special ones where you can visit them on your camping ground and buy furniture from them. They are now nearly impossible to get at least at my place. There was also a pack of special sanrio villagers released with special furniture to buy.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The amiibo figures are similar to the welcome amiibo cards. You can actually visit there RV ^^

Last edited:
the cards also work for happy home designer, which gives you the option to design that certain villagers house which is nice. Ive only ever used whitneys card and have put her in both my boyfriends and my towns

I bought a pack when they first came out, but I really don?t see the point of them unless you really just want a certain villager in your town. Maybe that?s just me, I?m sure others find them useful for collecting furniture.

Last edited:
Not sure what type of card you bought, but there are different types and functions!

1-4 Series Cards; NPC villagers can give you their photo (once per-character). Regular villagers can be moved in on demand. If you are not doing either, you can ask for a random item. I am not sure if this is 1-4 series and misc. promo exclusive, as I never would use the option for other types.

Welcome Amiibo Series Cards; Will summon an RV at your campground. Villagers can be moved in on demand at their RV.

Sanrio Series Cards; Will summon an RV at your campground. Villagers can be moved in on demand at their RV. They cannot be moved in when summoned by outside towns.

Misc. Promo Cards; Functions the same as 1-4 series cards.

Amiibo Figures; Will summon an RV at your campground. Regular villagers can be moved in on demand at their RV. They cannot be moved in when summoned by outside towns. If it's an NPC, you must have spoken to them already to summon them (excludes Resetti).

After moving in RV Amiibo villagers, you can no longer summon their RV. Scanning villagers in will negate the villager cycle. The fewer Amiibo villagers you have, the less often they will want to move. You may make one Amiibo request per-day per-town.

As said above, they can be used to summon villagers in HHD to build their homes or summon them on other lots. This only works with series 1-4, misc. promos, and figures; anything else will crash the game when scanned! Some cards and figures unlock special items when scanned.

Hope that explains to some degree; I tried not to miss too much haha. :p

Last edited:
Not sure what type of card you bought, but there are different types and functions!

1-4 Series Cards; NPC villagers can give you their photo (once per-character). Regular villagers can be moved in on demand. You can only ask for a random item too, I am not sure if this is 1-4 series and misc. promo exclusive, as I never use the option.

Welcome Amiibo Series Cards; Will summon an RV at your campground. Villagers can be moved in on demand.

Sanrio Series Cards; Will summon an RV at your campground. Villagers can be moved in on demand. They cannot be moved in when summoned by outside towns.

Misc. Promo Cards; Functions the same as 1-4 series cards.

Amiibo Figures; Will summon an RV at your campground. If it's an NPC, you must have spoken to them already to summon them. They cannot be moved in when summoned by outside towns.

If it is a non-NPC villager scanned in, you can move them into your town. In doing so however, you can no longer summon their RV. Scanning villagers in through this method will negate the villager cycle that would normally prevent them from moving it if they moved out previously. The fewer Amiibo villagers you have, they less often they will want to move. You may make one Amiibo request per-day per-town.

As said above, they can be used to summon villagers in HHD to build their homes or summon them on other lots.

Hope that explains to some degree; I tried not to miss anything. :p

This is very helpful! Do you know if you need to have built Resetti’s manhole PWP in order to use his Amiibo figure?

This is very helpful! Do you know if you need to have built Resetti’s manhole PWP in order to use his Amiibo figure?

Thank you for asking! I knew I would forget something haha.
I just tested it now to be totally sure, and Resetti can indeed be scanned in without it!
That seems to be the only exception interestingly enough; I hope!!

Last edited:
Back