• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Mafia Among Us Mafia Game Thread (Town Win!)

yeah, though i will say that tn4u and ribbit to me felt the distinctly the most sus in their pushes on mog and zinnia, both in general and in the pushes themselves. I'm assuming that's the reason Mog TRed me and Trundle, who also sussed her, but hard to tell when she just made that one post.

Can understand that sentiment, I don't think it's any secret that I've been pushing TN4U like the most about where he's getting his reads. :v (I'm sorry for being a jerk to you)

Yeah, that makes sense, I had Mog in just null when that whole bandwagon got started and was looking forward to how she would reply but meh. Hopefully she shows up before EoD and talks a little more but I'll stand by that Mog post I said earlier. For a game that's 18 pages long I feel like an awful lot of the players have been kinda silent and that makes it hard to work around. 😔

Everyone! Except me and maybe the shiny slot. 😅

But you aren't on my vote to elim list. Heck I might even vote you the item. Pfft.
I'm out for the night. Super late and my brain is useless rn. Back tomorrow.
Literally my two most sus slots shaking my head. JK.
HUUZAH! But pls vote with me for Dolby blue instead, I did promise. Have agood night!

Had to find time to catch up. How are there 18 pages already??
hey dinosaur! any thoughts on who could be mafia?
There's a few 'quiet' players. Iso turning up nothing or just a single post.
@Dinosaur What are your current thoughts on the game?
Not too sure yet. I haven't played before and I don't know anyone here so I'm having trouble getting a good grasp on who is acting off.

That being said, after catching up on my reading, so far I have light suspicions on Ribbit and TN4U for the same reasons already mentioned by others, but I don't see anything substantially suspicious yet. I have a gut feeling at least one mafia is more on the inactive side, but I know that isn't particularly helpful either. Frosty and Betsy seem slightly towny to me as of right now but I'm not going to lie my analysis is mostly just based on vibes at this point.

Its far too late so I'm going to head to bed but I will return tomorrow.

Not too sure yet. I haven't played before and I don't know anyone here so I'm having trouble getting a good grasp on who is acting off.

That being said, after catching up on my reading, so far I have light suspicions on Ribbit and TN4U for the same reasons already mentioned by others, but I don't see anything substantially suspicious yet. I have a gut feeling at least one mafia is more on the inactive side, but I know that isn't particularly helpful either. Frosty and Betsy seem slightly towny to me as of right now but I'm not going to lie my analysis is mostly just based on vibes at this point.

heyo

Would you be willing to talk about the specific things that people have said that are making you lean towards Ribbit and TN4U being imposters?

I had that little jolt of lightning...
@Dolby what do you think about this post now (it's 207) (and your og response)

i also want to get this post done so i won’t quote vomit tn4u rn but i like how he has a town centered purpose but still engages with questions people ask him naturally. i’ve only talked to him outside of mafia but he just seems like himself and i find that towny. o7
You saying that TN4U feels like his natural self makes me feel better about him. I've felt that he's been taking unnatural logic lines thus far, particularly towards the start of the game and in his read of Annika.

Yeah I get similar vibes from Mogyay in that she was contributing to solving the game at that point in time. I could vote for her but I don't want to condemn a player based on their posting in the first two hours when no really knows anything.

How do you feel about Zinnia's current posting? I think that it's very lightly towny

heyy it’s 2am here so i’m passing out but yes

i think i just explained this too but lmk if i didnt
No that's valid, I tbh did not read what I missed but I'll probably do that tomorrow, if I don't find it I will ping you. <3 I am half asleep too so I get you, have a good night!!

Welcome Dinosaur, looking forward to your reads tomorrow. Sorry to overwhelm you on your first game. 😭 Have a good night.

I had that little jolt of lightning...
@Dolby what do you think about this post now (it's 207) (and your og response)

No that's valid, I tbh did not read what I missed but I'll probably do that tomorrow, if I don't find it I will ping you. <3 I am half asleep too so I get you, have a good night!!

Welcome Dinosaur, looking forward to your reads tomorrow. Sorry to overwhelm you on your first game. 😭 Have a good night.
I'm assuming that you only care about the quoted portion involving TN4U

It's late but just to summerize. There is one later post talking about TN4U's weird early push on Annika where Ribbit kinda just dismissed, but I feel like Ribbit came into the game deciding to townread TN4U. It's contained somewhere within one of my walls. I looked back and felt that Ribbit wasn't reading TN4U to solve him but came in with her read on TN4U already decided. I'm leaning more to Ribbit wanting to pocket TN4U or they might just be TMIing TN4U town in a manner similar to how I thought Jacob4 might be TMIing Annika as town.
Post automatically merged:

Decentering myself and Ribbit, it still makes me feel a bit better about thought patterns from TN4U that I thought were maybe not organic are normal for him

It's late but just to summerize. There is one later post talking about TN4U's weird early push on Annika where Ribbit kinda just dismissed, but I feel like Ribbit came into the game deciding to townread TN4U. It's contained somewhere within one of my walls. I looked back and felt that Ribbit wasn't reading TN4U to solve him but came in with her read on TN4U already decided. I'm leaning more to Ribbit wanting to pocket TN4U or they might just be TMIing TN4U town in a manner similar to how I thought Jacob4 might be TMIing Annika as town.
klsndflsdn sorry I really should just read the stuff I missed first. And I did just mean to highlight your response too. But the fact you revisited the quote beforehand has me pleased. And I like that take too.

Me going to read the wall, that's literally the second quote, I'm sorry I suck......

klsndflsdn sorry I really should just read the stuff I missed first. And I did just mean to highlight your response too. But the fact you revisited the quote beforehand has me pleased. And I like that take too.

Me going to read the wall, that's literally the second quote, I'm sorry I suck......
lol frosty it's fine. It's a big post and I can't really blame people for skipping it. People have lives.

Srry, I got annoyed and I walked away.

I don't feel like doing a formal reply to everything post but notworthy stuff right now. If you want to talk to me I can stick arounmd while I try do get a comm and work done. u_u

Betsy, I may talk about my tinfoil at EoD. I do want to reread a few things too and see if my opinion about it changed.

Volt, I kept the Star rail comment in and forgot to actually reply to it. Sorry, only gacha I can probably talk code with is Arknights and even then I finally dropped it early this year after only playing from fomo for the past 2. 🙃 I have not played enough Genshin either eksnfksbfks.

Dolby, I vibe with you not TRing Yoshi. Legit the only reason I think they're probably just town is because of their lackluster posting I can't see them being teamed up with anyone solely from coming in with a post like 'wow Shiny hasn't posted yet I thought you should know' and having no new reads despite an entirely new player joining. Unless they are also not keeping up with maf chat, but tbh at that point I feel like maf would be framing them by now. 🤷‍♀️ I would happily vote them off today tho, not gonna lie, I know we have different opinions on killing inactives tho.

I also vibe think Trundle is just town atm but I don't see eye to eye with a lot of his takes but I don't feel like going back to read him.

I feel like I missed this. Was this the very first mention of PRs???????? I need to find the context that led to this but that gives me extra side eyes for you Ribbit. :eek:

Why did my : o turn ugly
i havent played genshin much that game is just hell
do you think mafia would already bus yoshi over not much pressure? coasting is a fine mafia strat

one thing i dont enjoy abt ribbit talking abt pr is that it feels a bit like baiting a watcher claim in the future

odd wise sure it’s unlikely cop will have a wrong report but the cop isn’t going to check at complete random; they’re gonna go for the top suspicious people and i find not very helpful that a) the mafia won’t frame one of the suspicious people or b) the mafia that gets checked isn’t godfather. i can see how you can read this as fear.

if mog and zinnia are town i would go to trundle and volt. i do want to tr volt so badly but i have just disagreed with them thus far and they ask a lot of questions and don’t really do anything with the answers. sorry volt x2

trundle is obv because started the mog sus line and if mog flipped town he is ultra suspicious
do you think me and trundle are teamed up?

no im not going to throw away day 2 and no elim -__-

day 1 we have no reports. day 2 we do.
i dont think cop should claim to report a green check, which is more likely to happen

Decentering myself and Ribbit, it still makes me feel a bit better about thought patterns from TN4U that I thought were maybe not organic are normal for him
i feel like ribbit hasnt exactly had sound logic this fair but im not sure if i feel the same abt this specific. i feel like a lot of weirdness abt ribbit is bc the thread is under the impression the main wagons are zinnia and mog - when that ship has already sailed, and i dont want to sr her based just on threadstate. and her tinfoil on me feels good motivation wise bc universal townreads arent good in the long run
i need to understand more the website she usually plays bc the whole pr discussing did rub me wrong tho lol i guess pr come into play way faster there

Reading your wall also let me see this which I don't think you commented on but Ribbit is definitely staying consistant with this read

outside of quotes tn4u/trundle team is interesting. i can only see trundle pocketing tn4u. i don’t think that they’re both mafia.

lol frosty it's fine. It's a big post and I can't really blame people for skipping it. People have lives.
It has a lot of good info tho so it would be good to read it. I am just gonna dedicate the morning to really rereading the last 6ish pages. + also try to look at my tinfoil more.

i havent played genshin much that game is just hell
do you think mafia would already bus yoshi over not much pressure? coasting is a fine mafia strat

one thing i dont enjoy abt ribbit talking abt pr is that it feels a bit like baiting a watcher claim in the future

Lowkey agree which is why I didn't look twice at Star Rail.
In a four I guess technically 3 in this scenario maf team, I don't see how it would hurt for at least one to put pressure on the slot, especially when everyone is else is TRing them, easy way to get town cred if/when the slot flips maf.

Do you mean you think Ribbit will be pressuring Watcher to talk on day 2?

Last edited:
Reading your wall also let me see this which I don't think you commented on but Ribbit is definitely staying consistant with this read
I kinda have tonal issues with that lol in that it feels like she is acknowleding that team as a possibility, then immediately walking it back by saying that tn4u/trundle isn't w/w

i feel like ribbit hasnt exactly had sound logic this fair but im not sure if i feel the same abt this specific. i feel like a lot of weirdness abt ribbit is bc the thread is under the impression the main wagons are zinnia and mog - when that ship has already sailed, and i dont want to sr her based just on threadstate. and her tinfoil on me feels good motivation wise bc universal townreads arent good in the long run
i need to understand more the website she usually plays bc the whole pr discussing did rub me wrong tho lol i guess pr come into play way faster there
idk man the tinfoil on you feels pretty just vibes based at best.

The PR stuff I really disliked was in post 279 where it felt to me like they might be preemptively discrediting a red check on them. Beyond that I felt that PR discussion was weird but not necessarily wolfy

granted my own TR on you is vibes based.

ugh im to tired

Last edited:
Lowkey agree which is why I didn't look twice at Star Rail.
In a four I guess technically 3 in this scenario maf team, I don't see how it would hurt for at least one to put pressure on the slot, especially when everyone is else is TRing them, easy way to get town cred if/when the slot flips maf.

Do you mean you think Ribbit will be pressuring Watcher to talk on day 2?
i think thats fine enough if the slot was getting attention like zinnia and tn4u, but just letting yoshi coast is less risky. idk, ur theory isnt impossible though, just feels unlikely
i meant that saying "i want to see watcher results" is dangerous, bc if a newbie randed watcher they could think its best to claim. so i would advise her to not reiterate that point. dont think this was malicious from ribbit yet

only 8/17 other players had posted at the time and I hadn't noticed anything suspicious or unreasonable from them yet. innocent until proven guilty, right?

as of now I'm thinking that mog's likely mafia. i'm eager to see what else she has to say, though. I'm still tentative on annika, ribbitribbon and volt but am leaning towards town on volt. I think ~1-2 people who are inactive are wolves as well. Everyone else seems to be town.
@ribbitribbon are you sure zinnia was OMGSUSing?
if i understood you, you said zinnia was wolfleaning who called her wolf, but at this point it was you, dolby, frosty and tn4u. havent found annikas post abt the matter
i can see your point just bc zinnia is unsure abt me, considering i was defending her at that point. but even that seems like a stretch

She hasn't listed any of her picks or reasoning yet and kept bringing up that we should take our time at #52 & #88. But then again a lot of people became suspicious of me for the same thing so who knows :|
Yes, the tentative people are potential wolves.

Her pick seems like a joke about the color thing (especially since she mentioned potentially changing her vote later) but I could be wrong. If she genuinely thinks I'm mafia then that's sort of understandable too, I could have worded some of my posts a lot better.
i guess frosty occlusion makes sense since zinnia thought it was a joke
funny thing abt this response though is that it has a scent of tmi. like i feel like she talks abt frosty with the assumption frosty is town

I agree on your point about not hearing much from mog lately :/ still looking forward to see what her thoughts are on who's mafia or not.

I'm just nervous about saying something the wrong way or having a bad take again and further incriminating myself. Not sure what trundle's deal is though.

updated list-
Likely mafia: tn4u, trundle, ribbitribbon
Cautious of / Could go either way: mog, annika, shinydungeoneer, unravel
Assuming everyone else is town for now.
oh i guess this is what ribbit was talking but my point still stands bc the first post is more meaningful since it's the point zinnia got more heat
there isnt any development on the sus on me besides just agreeing with a very NAI statement i made. @Zinnia. is there anything specific i have done to go up on ur reads?
also not much reasoning for tn4u and trundle. i asked abt those already though, so just gotta be patient lol i dont think im being sheeped by her but anyhow i think her sus on me wasnt any meaningful for her

i still agree that her "mafia is afk" was NAI but maybe i was quick to tr. cant develop the read without hearing her tho

I kinda have tonal issues with that lol in that it feels like she is acknowleding that team as a possibility, then immediately walking it back by saying that tn4u/trundle isn't w/w

idk man the tinfoil on you feels pretty just vibes based at best.

The PR stuff I really disliked was in post 279 where it felt to me like they might be preemptively discrediting a red check on them. Beyond that I felt that PR discussion was weird but not necessarily wolfy

granted my own TR on you is vibes based.

ugh im to tired
yeah hence why the motivation behind the tinfoil on me is whats good
like we all have our tinfoils but talking abt them in thread is something else. seems like a genuine want to question the slot. do you think theres another motivation? for wolf!frosty that would be throwing **** and see if it sticks ig
yeah the whole pr ordeal should just be dropped bc it seems like a cultural clash

Last edited:
i think thats fine enough if the slot was getting attention like zinnia and tn4u, but just letting yoshi coast is less risky. idk, ur theory isnt impossible though, just feels unlikely
i meant that saying "i want to see watcher results" is dangerous, bc if a newbie randed watcher they could think its best to claim. so i would advise her to not reiterate that point. dont think this was malicious from ribbit yet

What sort or attention are you expecting for a consensus town read on an inactive player? We'll probably agree to disagree but I don't see how bussing your inactive partner is a risky strat. If it was just two, yeah sure, but again, they are four, and having one of them have a red read on a slot that has a minimal chance of flipping today just doesn't scream risky to me. Heck, Geoni, albeit was the inactive partner, bussed his team in his first wall day 2 and look how much he coasted the rest of the game. 🤷‍♀️ The more maf members you have, the more strategies you can throw in. I am trying to think of anything and everything right now.

Well I'm sorry if I was being rude. I still do stand by voting someone out today though.
well, trying to get others to vote the way you want them to is the wrong way to play the game.

anyways, i saw other mafia threads but hardly went in to see how the game was supposed to be played. give me a round or two then i will have an idea of how it works. :)

What sort or attention are you expecting for a consensus town read on an inactive player? We'll probably agree to disagree but I don't see how bussing your inactive partner is a risky strat. If it was just two, yeah sure, but again, they are four, and having one of them have a red read on a slot that has a minimal chance of flipping today just doesn't scream risky to me. Heck, Geoni, albeit was the inactive partner, bussed his team in his first wall day 2 and look how much he coasted the rest of the game. 🤷‍♀️ The more maf members you have, the more strategies you can throw in. I am trying to think of anything and everything right now.
but that's what i mean, a consensus inactive player gets NO attention so they dont need to bus them, hence no need to bus yoshi. geoni bussed 3 people bc they were all too deep in the claim shenanigans and it was nearly impossible to come back from that

like frosty be so fr why would bus a player no one is talking abt on the first 24 hours of d1

well, trying to get others to vote the way you want them to is the wrong way to play the game.

anyways, i saw other mafia threads but hardly went in to see how the game was supposed to be played. give me a round or two then i will have an idea of how it works. :)
quick what do you mean by round

Last edited:
what was even the original point abt yoshi. was like "if yoshi was mafia he wouldnt be universally townread bc his mafia members would be split in sussing him" right

end of voting.....lol

sorry for the confusion but i thought that we are not allowed to edit our posts.
so the end of day?
it just made me think for a bit that you were thinking that after this day we were randomizing the roles again, like in among us

I don't know why you think no one is talking about it because people phisically said I think Yoshi is town. Dolby turned around and said I don't understand why people are TRing Yoshi, and I started talking about my views and potential scenarios on the slot. 🤷‍♀️ I didn't come out of nowhere when I started talking about Yoshi yikes. Just because we aren't looking to flip Yoshi today, doesn't mean we don't tomorrow, Why not setup early?

no, im sorry if i made you think that. im not running the game. i have a few people that i think might be sus but i dont want to say anything until i go back and read what everyone posted.

Back