• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

ACNH POSITIVITY Thread

Autumn is my favourite AC season. The changing trees always excited me but what I really love about NH is that each deciduous tree is different when they change. Some trees are very yellow, some trees are shades of orange or red. The mix of colours can create beautiful sceneries. I'm not surprised at all that some players choose to have their islands stay in autumn all year.

One of my cats just passed away in a horrible manner, when I'm not sleeping acnh has been my go-to for comfort.
I'm so sorry to hear that @- Zero - and sorry for your loss.

NH always helped to put me to sleep.
This was Wild World for me lol. I love that the music stopped after awhile and you can just hear the villagers' footsteps in the background. I started that game, my first ever ac, in early winter so I can hear the crunch of the snow when the villagers are walking around and found it very relaxing.

I'm glad NH can help lull you to sleep @TheDuke55 .
If you have problems falling asleep, I highly recommend trying Jason Stephenson's sleep meditations on youtube if you want. I always fall asleep before he finished talking lol. His voice is just so soothing.

It's great too if you feel like you won't be able to or have the time for a full rest. I once only had 3 hours to sleep and listening to one of his meditation before bed made me feel fully rested.

@CanuckChick I don't remember Wild World all that well even though I do own it. But I know what you mean by the ambience of nature and its surroundings that make the atmosphere have such life. That's why I would put my villager closer to the beach/ocean because the game would lower the background music so that it didn't overpower the sound of the waves.

Thanks for the suggestion. Sometimes I do have trouble falling asleep at night. Which I don't mind when the next day is my day off, but it's horrible when I have work since I get up so early as it is lol. I'll have give him a try, thank you! I probably should also look into those cheap sleep machines or something.

Speaking of footsounds. I liked how in NL that depending on if you had shoes on or not that the sound on the concrete plaza would be different. I love little things like that. It's probably in NH to, but I never take my shoes off lol.

NH always helped to put me to sleep. Like that's not a jab lol. When the pandemic was going on (and still is hard) I was pretty much forced to work long shifts that fell into double or longer shifts. So when I did finish and come home it was sometimes hard to actually relax and get some sleep like I had lowkey insomnia or something. So I would just boot up NH, put my villager near the ocean and let the audio put me to sleep. Sometimes it took longer than other times, but it usually helped.

I know a lot of people say that NH was there when we needed it most. But for someone like me who was just tossed into that pandemic hotmess and forced to work it when no one seemed willing to pull their weight to end it as soon as possible, it really wasn't that safe haven for me. But it still did help me in its own way.
I play AC music while I'm sleeping. It always gets me to sleep and it's nice when I wake up in the middle of the night and that's what I hear. The ambience of the ocean, or the trees rustling mixed with it just... soothes the soul. And when it's raining! Ugh, I just love it so much.

@CanuckChick I don't remember Wild World all that well even though I do own it. But I know what you mean by the ambience of nature and its surroundings that make the atmosphere have such life. That's why I would put my villager closer to the beach/ocean because the game would lower the background music so that it didn't overpower the sound of the waves.

Thanks for the suggestion. Sometimes I do have trouble falling asleep at night. Which I don't mind when the next day is my day off, but it's horrible when I have work since I get up so early as it is lol. I'll have give him a try, thank you! I probably should also look into those cheap sleep machines or something.

Speaking of footsounds. I liked how in NL that depending on if you had shoes on or not that the sound on the concrete plaza would be different. I love little things like that. It's probably in NH to, but I never take my shoes off lol.
You're welcome @TheDuke55 !

I never noticed the footsounds in NL lol cuz I always had shoes on too, but it's def there in NH!

I usually play NH at a very low volume cuz I find the background music is way too loud. But one day I heard how loud the kimono sandals were! That was one of my fave footwear in the game but I had to switch it to flip flops when I wear the kimonos now, since the sound of the kimono sandals on the concrete path is just unbearably noisy lol.

I love the way the museum changes as you add donations. The aquarium tanks start out simple, but as you add fish to them, more things are added for the creatures to interact with.

Staying in the museum, the butterfly room. I can just sit there and watch them flit around. It's lovely.

Finding unique uses for items outside or in the house. People have been so creative! Who would have thought you could use hats for cakes/pies?

Zoomies.

I've always loved the seasonal changes in AC, but the graphics take this game to another level. Coming into autumn, it is so pretty.

I enjoy having my 2nd island being set in the Southern Hemisphere. I didn't bother with the Cherry Blossom Season last year, but now I get to experience it again. Its great to have a nice change of pace from the Northern Hemisphere.

Feelings of the day:
- I'm hunting balloons now and I love their soft noise while floating in the air. Usually I hate when a balloon explode but in this game, the sound is perfect and I'm not scared anymore if I can express myself in that way.
- I'm still in the beginning of the game, before I get the resident service updated, and the music is... wonderful. I don't find this atmosphere anymore in future hourly musics and it's a bit sad in my opinion. Let's enjoy it for today and tomorrow last day!

I love how, even after 18 months, I am still learning new things about the game. In the last week I learned that about the rare mystery islands with different themes. Like, there’s a mystery island where you can get rare fish and another you can catch trash. I never knew this! I’ve never done much mystery island touring, I didn’t really get the point. But now I have a new thing to explore. I need to find that trash island!
this thread was a great idea. Thanks @cornimer !

I really like Midge. She's my new starter normal and just adorable. I never thought to try to look for her but I'm glad she showed up.

oh, i love midge! i actually have her on my island right now as well, and she really is wonderful! such a cute lil bird. 💖

Does anyone else send like motivational/positive letters to yourself on ANCH, like if I'm struggling with something or trying to accomplish a goal I'll send a little positive note to myself several months or more in the future. It's always a surprise when I get one because by then I've forgotten about it. Somehow it helps me

Does anyone else send like motivational/positive letters to yourself on ANCH, like if I'm struggling with something or trying to accomplish a goal I'll send a little positive note to myself several months or more in the future. It's always a surprise when I get one because by then I've forgotten about it. Somehow it helps me

yes!! i’ve only done it a few times, but i find that writing and sending my future self a letter whenever i’m going through a rough time really helps me feel a bit better. the situation i wrote the letter about is usually improved/resolved by the time it arrives, plus i usually forget about it by then as well lol, but it definitely helps to make unpleasant times a lil more pleasant imo. :’)

I love how, even after 18 months, I am still learning new things about the game. In the last week I learned that about the rare mystery islands with different themes. Like, there’s a mystery island where you can get rare fish and another you can catch trash. I never knew this! I’ve never done much mystery island touring, I didn’t really get the point. But now I have a new thing to explore. I need to find that trash island!
this thread was a great idea. Thanks @cornimer !

I really really need that rare fish island, lol! I've gotten trash island, scorpion island, and tarantula island, but if I've had rare fish island, I didn't notice. I'll have to remember to catch a few fish every time I go island hopping so I will know. Also, island hopping at night is probably a better idea. Anything to find a stringfish!

Back