• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

ACNH Pet Peeves and Petty Complaints Thread

Why…. WHY?! Can we still not store turnips in our house storage?! I can store fish and bugs and thousands of different furniture and crafting materials but not turnips, flowers or saplings. Why, Nintendo, WHY?!

Kind of disappointed that Happy Home Paradise doesn't have some facilities that Happy Home Designer had.
Hotel, music hall, more than one store, and office building.

Last edited:
I hate pier fish so so much

Fish never spawn there so you have to use bait.
The chances of making one spawn are low.
And then they need you to be super quick at reeling them in.

Its just not fun or fair.

Edit: got the 2 that are avaliable now now.
Looking forward to getting the other 2 when in season

Last edited:
Petty complaint: I love that villagers are cooking and giving us recipes but it's funny when they are tossing something in a cast iron frying pan and it turns out to be carrot juice or a peach smoothie, lol.
Post automatically merged:

afaik there's no knitting items, which is a huge travesty for all of our Type A normal villagers QQ

OMGosh, a basket of yarn would be so cute especially if it were color customizable, like pastel or autumn colors.

Sometimes Kapp'n Tours keep taking to the same island I've been going to for a long time and I barely see any new changes to the islands. Apparently there is datamine that the more you keep visiting the islands the sooner you will get different ones, but I find that hard to believe.

Why the fresh heck do they make you repeat Cyrus' dialogue every single time you want to customize one thing? Shouldn't Nintendo have known we'd all come flocking to him to recolor all the furniture we had before the update? How hard was it to have him ask if we want to customize anything else before it kicks us out of the conversation lol

Why the fresh heck do they make you repeat Cyrus' dialogue every single time you want to customize one thing? Shouldn't Nintendo have known we'd all come flocking to him to recolor all the furniture we had before the update? How hard was it to have him ask if we want to customize anything else before it kicks us out of the conversation lol
Yea it would have been nice not to have to keep going back into a conversation with him. Not really surprised since it’s the same way with trying to mail letters.

Not sure if this counts but I'd love if they did more villager updates I feel some species are overloaded and others have way too little like Octopus has been in the game since the beginning and only has 4! And I wish they'd remodel some of the villagers that give me nightmares

You know what? This is a tiny one, but I find it so weird that there's no UI indicator that Cyrus' customizations are reducing your bells. Obviously there is a price that is displayed to the right of all the colorway options, but other than that, all there is is the little loading screen and music, then he hands you the item...and that's it. It doesn't do the little bell-spending sound effect or show you that you've lost bells because you purchased something.
I often don't realize I barely have any bells left when customizing things because the Re-Tail customization screens don't indicate that at all lol. This bothers me more than it should, especially since he's like the only NPC in the game that isn't shown to take a bag of bells from your hand OR otherwise indicate that you've lost bells from the transaction.
Does anyone else know what I'm referring to? It kinda drives me nuts LMAO. It also makes the whole transaction feel like it's missing something, like when you have to sneeze but then it goes away...

Back