• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

A Sadness Thread

Okay!!! I know we're sad!!! We are a sad bunch. And we have every right to be! Or, we could try to be happy. Cheer up, everyone! It has to get better eventually, right?
It's not really all about being sad, it's about letting go and venting and talking about our feeling when we have no where else to turn.
I don't have anyone I can talk to. Unless its happy day all is well everything is fine, I can't talk.
Sometimes we need to let it out, and it's ok. This helps us and helps us feel better.
So don't look at us as the sad people, but the people looking for and getting help. Not only with life, but emotion.

I'm ok. But you really listen to me, because I'm telling you the truth. I mean this. I'm ok!
Trust me.

Okay!!! I know we're sad!!! We are a sad bunch. And we have every right to be! Or, we could try to be happy. Cheer up, everyone! It has to get better eventually, right?

We aren't a sad bunch though. If you look on the compliment thread, and the rest of the website for that matter, we are all a pretty positive group of people.

It's just that a lot of people on this thread are going through a weird time in their lives. Some of us are people who adjusting for adult life, or teenagers going through the motions of adolescence. During these transitional times, there aren't always times where you get to be open about your emotions. This thread is a way to get all that stuff out without being judged. It's just good to talk.

So... Sunday...
It was late and I wasn't sure how my son would act going to sleep beside my wife. It's a 50/50 shot...
So I stuck around. After a lil bit my wife starts throwing water bottles at me, really anything now bolted down that wasn't the kids.
It was because I was hanging around...
We did get in a fight earlier, it's because I don't talk enough. And I'm pretty forgetful.
Ok...
The next day
My daughter didn't want to cuddle with my wife. Don't really blame her after the day they had Sunday morning..
Any way she wanted to be held by me. Just me.
As we're laying down my wife with a closed fist hits me once in the face.
It was because i didn't tell my daughter she had to be held by my wife and to be nice to her.
These are the first time she has thrown things at me and hit me. I have never done anything like that to her, in fact I have only yelled at her once and it ended with me trying to get her not to divorce me.
At what point would it be abuse?
I don't really know what to do besides just talk about it.

That sounds like an abusive relationship to me and I wouldn't want to be in one of those. I would hit the road as soon as my non-existent partner hit me. It's a shame she had to show her true colors so late in your relationship. You're married so separation is complicated and never pretty. I'm not telling you to get divorced but you need to talk to her and settle things. Physical abuse is not fun. It leads to being afraid in your own home. My dad's an alcoholic and he can be really mean for no reason when he's drunk. I'm afraid of him and I have to stay in my room to avoid a random drunken induced argument that could lead to physical contact. I'm beyond the age where he can legally hit me now but drunk people don't have good judgment so I still have to stay in my room a lot. This got off topic.

No one and I mean NO ONE has the right to touch you, regardless of the situation.
I think you should sit down and talk with your wife. And if she does it again, stick up for yourself.

I would not want to have a child in that environment. I understand that emotions can lead us to do stupid things and maybe she did that out of the moment; but when and if she does it again, please say something.

My sadness lately is... being single :( Let's face it, there's no age minimum or limit for loneliness. I'm not looking for a relationship or anyone but man I feel like a cat lady

except without the cats

Last edited:
No one and I mean NO ONE has the right to touch you, regardless of the situation.
I think you should sit down and talk with your wife. And if she does it again, stick up for yourself.

I agree with sticking up for yourself, but be careful, if you physically defend yourself and cause her harm she could flip the story and it would be you 'abusing' her and, unfortunately, people may support her because of society's messed up views on abuse. ("women can't hurt men", ignore that it's total rubbish) And remember it is NOT your fault, don't be ashamed to report her if it goes too far. We're all here to support you :)

Back