• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Mafia A Prolonged Signups: The Game (Mafia Win)

Good morning everyone! Alright, let's see...

1. Island’s native fruit? Peaches
2. Preferred Pronoun? She/Her
3. Timezone? GMT +2
4. Why did you wanna play this game? It seems fun. And I used to play Palermo, a card game some years ago and I enjoyed that, so why not.
5. How do you handle pressure? Well enough, I suppose. Better when I'm 100% sure I'm right.
6. Who’s the Scum pair? I'm not sure who Toad is, but I do actually think it makes sense for the pair to be someone with experience and a newbie.

Hi!

1. Island’s native fruit? Cherries
2. Preferred Pronoun? He/Him
3. Timezone? Central
4. Why did you wanna play this game? Because I miss you guys and also yay for new players
5. How do you handle pressure? Well... skip
6. Who’s the Scum pair? I have no idea yet maybe Panda for doing the townie thing?? and a new player? lol

1. Island’s native fruit? Apple
2. Preferred Pronoun? any pronoun
3. Timezone? UCT-3
4. Why did you wanna play this game? bored
5. How do you handle pressure? I disassociate
6. Who’s the Scum pair? AnnaSt and Ace just because I like to randomly point fingers. and hmmm honestly daniel probably didn't do any human balancing (picking roles instead of randomizing it) so I am not as sure for the experience x new pair possibility. seems as possible as new x new and experience x experience. And I feel like a pair of experience players would try to blame a new player and vice-versa. just saying

1. Island’s native fruit? Peaches
3. Timezone? EST
4. Why did you wanna play this game? I originally wanted to spectate, but it seemed like every newbie wanted to in the previous sign-up thread, so I figured I could learn how this site's meta works on the fly just to get a game going.
5. How do you handle pressure? I can function under pressure decently well, but it takes a toll on my mood.
6. Who’s the Scum pair? I think the roles were all RNGed? so as much as an experienced player + a newbie sounds perfectly balanced, I don't know if I'm willing to commit to that train of thought so early in the game.

Hi! Im bad back!
I will have to go run so errands, but I just wanted to post to let you know I'll check later today, I think this will be a light game. GG town!!
Post automatically merged:

Actually 4 pm in Antartica or something lolz
ILY VOLT!! <3
oh sorry i thought u lived in austria. they are close right haha
also dont "gg town" on me, s word

^ soz inside joke between me and ace

*snip*
6. Who’s the Scum pair? I think the roles were all RNGed? so as much as an experienced player + a newbie sounds perfectly balanced, I don't know if I'm willing to commit to that train of thought so early in the game.
Roles were probably RNGed but I can see a host “rolling” a couple times to get the most balanced game.

1. Island’s native fruit? Peaches, it seems like that's almost everyone here!
3. Timezone? MST
4. Why did you wanna play this game? I play mafia online and I thought it would be fun to play it with people on the forum cause you guys are just so fun. Plus a longer game seems relaxing and less confusing.
5. How do you handle pressure? By nervously laughing and giggling. Unfortunately, you guys can't see me laugh.
6. Who’s the Scum pair? We'll have to find out!

1. Island’s native fruit? Apples
2. Preferred Pronoun?
She/Her
3. Timezone? GMT
4. Why did you wanna play this game? Because I am desperately trying to mimic my epic first play Because mafia is fun!
5. How do you handle pressure? Define 'pressure'. I don't think I've properly experienced being accused of being scum when I'm actually scum in any intense game. If I'm getting pushed when I'm innocent, I find I'm rather good at resigning myself to the "Go ahead, do it. Can't wait to see you lose for making the wrong choice" perspective.
6. Who’s the Scum pair? thetessagrace simply because her response to this question was ominous as heck. Panda because I've decided the ones who set the questions are usually the ones who gain the most from guiding the conversation at the start.

While it's true that the Scum pair really could be completely random and all the theorizing could prove ultimately useless, we don't currently have a lot of information (if any) so theorizing is the best we can do.
I do, however, agree that tunneling in a specific theory would be bad in this game, especially now in the beginning.

Who’s the Scum pair? We'll have to find out!
Also, that really does sound incredibly ominous, wth 😆.

The problem is there hasn't been a whole lot of conversation, so theorizing about whether the roles were picked manually, or RNGed, or "RNGed but fudged a little to make them fit the playerbase" is one of the few things we have at our disposal today.

While it's true that the Scum pair really could be completely random and all the theorizing could prove ultimately useless, we don't currently have a lot of information (if any) so theorizing is the best we can do.
I do, however, agree that tunneling in a specific theory would be bad in this game, especially now in the beginning.

I don't know what ominous is but I will sheep that.

hi guys i just need to let everyone know that we will no longer be using the words “scum” or “lynch” for mafia. please use other words. thanks!

I don't know what ominous is but I will sheep that.
Ominous is a word that refers to when something gives you the worrying impression that something bad is going to happen or the person who said the ominous thing has something to hide.

I have literally nothing, so I will use my weak safe vote to the player that started that questions. the ominous thing could be sneaky, but is not enough to vote someone I think, but if everyone else agrees I could vote there too. I literally have nothing.

i was waiting for tessa to answer but since she didnt, I'll whiteknight her. I don't think it was omnious at all, someone else answered something similiar, why do you guys think it was omnious?

I am almost sure daniel didn't human balance. I meant that I feel that people used 'the mafia pair' question to try to push the narrative that at least one new or one experienced is a mafioso. But that's a bit tinfoil hat

I'm confused by this (sorry I haven't responded until now, it's been a busy weekend). Anyway, I don't think this was super ominous. I mean I was just saying that I was excited to see how the game turns out and I wasn't trying at any way all to be inauspicious. I didn't even think that this would make you guys suspicious... Maybe I should have worded that differently cause now you guys all mistrust me 😅

Back