• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

9 min Japanese trailer - ENGLISH SUBTITLES! :D

You can make hotels in this game!? Forget making a hotel in New Leaf! Now I can properly do it in HHD.

I was basically intrigued already, but in the last couple of days with the expanded footage and reveals (choosing plots, designing common spaces, hanging deco and all that jazz), I'm now super-super-super excited! OMGHURRYUPSEPTEMBER!!!

I have a question so you still will be having your town? like your own house? are you going to be paying to expand?? what about fishing catching bugs, diving, festive seasons, PWP??? does anyone knows???

This game looks adorable! I've been in need of a new 3ds so I'm kinda hoping that they make a special New 3dsxl for it and release it in NA since I'm still rocking an original 3ds. I really like the idea of making schools, restaurants, clinics, and whatever else I want plus being able to decorate villagers houses and the outside area of their houses. I also adore that the villagers walk around with shopping bags and have a sweeping idol action <3 I really hope those carry over to future games!

I have a question so you still will be having your town? like your own house? are you going to be paying to expand?? what about fishing catching bugs, diving, festive seasons, PWP??? does anyone knows???

This is a spin off game so there probably won't be any bugs, diving, fish, or festivals. Seasons are probable if it still does the "real time" and unfortunately I doubt you'll have your own house. They might surprise us though.

Last edited:
This looks so cute!! I'm probably gonna get super sucked into it and spend hours and hours decorating n__n

That video is what sealed the deal for me. Making a school and other buildings looks like it will be amazing. Villager interaction seems much more complex now too.

my favorite part is that you can create their yards! I know it sounds weird, but I've always wanted a game like this. The Villagers are more aware of what is around their house along with what they have in their house. This is going to be a awesome game and 3 pack of cards are only a dollar, that's not bad, hopefully that price is true!

my favorite part is that you can create their yards! I know it sounds weird, but I've always wanted a game like this. The Villagers are more aware of what is around their house along with what they have in their house. This is going to be a awesome game and 3 pack of cards are only a dollar, that's not bad, hopefully that price is true!

I believe that that price is only for Japan. As far as I know, at least in NA, they're saying it'll be 6 cards and that will probably be closer to 4 or 5 dollars.

Pretty sure that was an error in the subtitles, in japan the packs are $3 per pack (which means $1 per card). However, english cards seem to come in packs of 6 which includes at least one special NPC

Pretty sure that was an error in the subtitles, in japan the packs are $3 per pack (which means $1 per card). However, english cards seem to come in packs of 6 which includes at least one special NPC

Yeah, the subtitles were wrong - the card packs are 300 yen, and 100 yen is ~$1, which would mean 300 yen = ~$3, so they got that wrong.
The subtitles were way too choppy, and they completely cut out towards the end of the video (which is like the easiest to translate coz it's release dates?), and they got the pricing wrong for amiibo like that's so easy, so I really don't think the subtitles in here are that great. Plus, the start says something like "you don't only design your own room but also rooms of other villagers!" - which people are taking as a whole "omg you get to design your own house too!!" confirmation, when in fact, the translation is more open to interpretation, meaning something like "you can design other villagers houses instead of your own!" or "you can design your own home, but in this game you can design villagers houses!", basically it's pretty vague and doesn't outright say "you can design your own home" as it says in the subtitles - so it's not really confirmation that you get to design your own home, as much as people seem to think it is.

*holds up trembling fist full of money* I'm so ready.

Thanks for linking us to an English sub version. I watched the trailer just to see more of the game, but it's nice to understand what the voice over was saying. I only got half way though. I'll have to finish watching it when I have more time.

I wonder, after decorating a home, will the villager animals move away after a period of time or will they stay until dismissed?

*holds up trembling fist full of money* I'm so ready.

Thanks for linking us to an English sub version. I watched the trailer just to see more of the game, but it's nice to understand what the voice over was saying. I only got half way though. I'll have to finish watching it when I have more time.

I wonder, after decorating a home, will the villager animals move away after a period of time or will they stay until dismissed?
You may as well not watch it because the subtitles basically stop after halfway anyway LOL

also to my understanding, villagers stay until dismissed.

Back