• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Old School Animal Crossing Week starts now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

Staff
Administrator
Site Owner
Bells
Island
Númenor
Golden Watering Can
Red Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Rose
Purple Violet
White Lily
Old School Animal Crossing Week
August 21, 2019 - September 4, 2019

Our new TBT Week is starting now! Welcome to Old School Animal Crossing Week, where we replay and celebrate all of the older Animal Crossing games. After almost seven years since its release, New Leaf has become the centerpiece of the forum, but The Bell Tree started back in 2004, so this wasn't always the case. Let's take a look at the games we'll be bringing back this week:

• Animal Crossing for Nintendo GameCube, 2002
  • Animal Crossing: Wild World for Nintendo DS, 2005
  • Animal Crossing: City Folk (aka Let's Go to the City) for Wii, 2008
This is our very first time hosting Old School Animal Crossing Week, so it might be a little bit different (and bigger) than usual. To start, a lot of events won't require you to have an older game, so there will be things to do for everyone. You may have also noticed that the event will last two weeks. This is because, by popular demand, we are bringing back an art contest, which takes longer to run. A lot of events will only run over the first week, so be sure to check each one.

Most TBT Weeks have given extra bells for posting in their related boards and this will also be the case during this one. The General AC Discussion, Animal Crossing, Animal Crossing: Wild World, and Animal Crossing: City Folk boards will have a small bell bonus during the full two weeks.

characterTortimer.png

But as we promised during the Bell Tree Direct, this TBT Week will have a lot going on! Through these various events you'll be able to win bells and tokens. Tokens can be used to buy items from the temporary event shop, Tortimer's Mementos. One of the very special new items you will be able to buy is the Tortimer collectible shown above. There will be many different ways to earn tokens through our various events, so without further ado, let's take a look at what's planned!

oldSchoolACWeekPhotoEvent1.png

August 21, 2019 - August 29, 2019

We're starting with an event that's all about your poor villagers who miss you very much! Boot up your old game (anything before New Leaf), and take a picture of a villager that talks about not seeing you in forever. Click here to participate.

oldSchoolACWeekPhotoEvent2.png

August 21, 2019 - August 29, 2019

Don't have an older Animal Crossing game? Our second photo event will be easier for you. In this one, you must pay homage to an old game by creating a scene in a newer one. Any game can be used to create your scene, including New Leaf. Click here to participate.

oldSchoolACWeekArtContest.png

It's been a surprisingly long time since TBT has had an art contest and we've heard lots of people asking for one. It's finally here and to go with Old School Animal Crossing Week, the art should have an Old School Animal Crossing theme! All submissions should be based on a game that came before New Leaf. Draw your favorite AC memory from long ago or if you haven't played any of the older games, create your best tribute. Click here to participate.

oldSchoolACWeekStalkMarket.png

August 21, 2019 - August 31, 2019

This edition of the Stalk Market is all about the Red Turnip! In Wild World and City Folk, you could buy red turnip seeds from Joan. After planting them, they had to be watered once per day or they would die. If you watered it for enough days, though, you could keep the red turnip forever or sell it for a large profit.

red-turnip.png

That's also how our event will work and you'll be able to keep this Red Turnip collectible forever if you remember to water it every day! To water it, simply purchase the watering can from the shop. It will be removed from your inventory each night, so don't forget to buy another one for the next day. If you forget to buy water for your turnip, it will rot and you will not be able to keep it. After a week of growth, the red turnip is yours to keep.

wateringCan.png

You can purchase the Red Turnip Starter from now until August 25th at 11:00 PM EDT. That will also be the first time it can die from lack of water, so buy your first watering can right away.

Buying Period:
Start of event - Aug 25 11PM EDT

Growing Period:
Aug 25 11PM EDT
Aug 26 11PM EDT
Aug 27 11PM EDT
Aug 28 11PM EDT
Aug 29 11PM EDT
Aug 30 11PM EDT
Aug 31 11PM EDT

These days show when you must have your daily watering can ready by. Can you remember to get water for your turnip every day? Good luck!

oldSchoolACWeekDiscordTrivia.png

August 24, 2019

Discord trivia is back, Old School Animal Crossing edition! This is a live event that will be taking place in our Discord on Saturday, August 24th, at 3:00 PM EDT. Click here for more information.

oldSchoolACWeekCodeGiveaway.png

During the entire two weeks we will be giving away free items in Animal Crossing (for GameCube)! This event does not have any prizes, but we hope you'll see this as an opportunity to visit your old towns! Click here to participate.

Old School Animal Crossing Week:
Discord Trivia

August 24th, 2019

oldSchoolACWeekDiscordTrivia.png

Sharpen your classic Animal Crossing knowledge! The classic TBT Fair event, Discord Trivia, is making a brief return during this week's Old School Animal Crossing Week. We'll be covering all games in the series before Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

Come on down to The Bell Tree's Discord chat room on Saturday, August 24th at 12PM PDT / 3PM EDT / 8PM BST to test your trivia skills answering old school Animal Crossing questions created by our staff. Just be sure to join the #ac-trivia channel in the sidebar during the event time and correctly answer questions posted by the host as fast as possible! If you have not used our Discord before, please see the Discord Beginner's Guide here. For security reasons, you will need to have previously signed into our server with a verified email Discord account in order to participate.

To win a prize, you will need to be the first person to correctly answer at least one question. Everyone else gets... fun! Some people say it's fun at least...

By the way, for the best experience in the fast moving chatroom and to ensure you don't miss any questions, switch your Discord interface to Compact during the Trivia event. Under your settings, go to Appearance, and select Compact mode instead of Cozy.

Rules & Guidelines

• The event will begin about 5 minutes after the advertised time and has been designed to last approximately 30 minutes.
  • Please remain respectful, appropriate, and do not spam the chat. We will be happy to ban you for the duration of the event if we warn you to stop and you continue.
  • The winner for a question will be the first user on the host's screen to provide the correct answer. There is naturally some amount of lag in a real time chat room, so understand that even if you appear first on your screen, you may not actually be.
  • Very minor obvious typos and spelling mistakes may be accepted, but at my discretion. The best way to ensure your answer is accepted is to be as accurate and close as possible!
  • If a question requires multiple answers, they must be on the same line and not sent as separate messages. If a question says be specific, specific names must be provided, not general terms.
  • Do not edit your answers. Any messages marked as edited will be voided no matter what the change.
  • Questions have been assigned as either regular or hard difficulty and will reward points depending on the difficulty.
  • Winners will be announced later after the event ends and posted in this thread when the logs have been reviewed, not during the event.

Prizes

For each regular question, the first person to correctly answer the question will earn 1 point. For each hard question, the first person to correctly answer the question will earn 2 points.

First, second, and third prizes will be awarded accordingly to the points standings:

First Place: 20 Tokens
Second Place: 15 Tokens
Third Place: 10 Tokens

Everyone who does not place in the top three, but correctly answers at least one question first will be awarded 5 Tokens.

Unfortunately, there are no prizes for answering questions beyond the first person as we would only be rewarding copying of answers.

The event is now live! Please note that the Art Contest's submission board will be added shortly.

For the record, it's still the 21st in Hawaii!

so for the red turnip, if I buy it now am I safe until the 25th?

also, if I buy it and the watering can together, am I safe until the 25th or 26th?

This is basically the fair, you guys really are treating us. Looks fun!

I believe the watering can will be checked at each of the times and dates listed under growing period. So you only need a watering can at the first time and date listed, and you'll need a new one every time fter that.

It's possible Jeremy will correct this when he gets the chance later tomorrow, but that's my understanding at least.

Thank you TBT staff for another fun set of events! :D I look forward to checking in with one of my old towns for one of the events. I also noticed that raffle as well in the shop for the Doubustu no Mori letter set which I think is really cool as well! :) It is going to be hard to choose what to get with my tokens, there are so many great choices...

thanks for this! i thought i might not be able to do trivia but i can!

Just out of curiosity, will the Red Turnip have a buyback value or be giftable/tradeable at the end of the event?

this looks really interesting! almost like a mini fire festival just animal crossing themed, very excited to participate in almost everything! thank u staff for treating us once again

This looks so cool! I'll definitely be participating in those photo contests!

Yayyyyyy! Discord Trivia! I’m not sure how knowledgeable I am on old AC games but I am still excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back